Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by brandyysnapp on Jan 29, 12 6:44 AM
I finally had some time and decided to try the Goblin Kingdom. It downloaded fine. I opened it to find that one third of the right side of the screen is black. The buttons that are apparently there can be clicked on but there is no way for me to know what or where they are because they are covered in blackness. I can't seem to find the Play button. It must be somewhere on the right. So I have no way of knowing if the whole game would be like this or not.
Oh well. I did like the Awakening series.

angus1234
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by angus1234 on Apr 16, 12 11:03 AM
The same thing has happened to me. Unfortunately I have already bought it by reading the reviews - I know, big mistake! I can't even get out of the opening without using C.A.D. I have uninstalled, reinstalled twice and have tried to adjust my settings, which also are set at the highest I can go.
Is there any chance of a fix?

angus1234
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by angus1234 on Apr 16, 12 11:07 AM

The same thing has happened to me. Unfortunately I have already bought it by reading the reviews - I know, big mistake! I can't even get out of the opening without using C.A.D.. I have uninstalled, reinstalled twice and have tried to adjust my settings, which also are set at the highest I can go.
Is there any chance of a fix?

crkey wrote:[b] I didn't get to play the game at all. It is too far on one side of the screen, so I can't see the whole playing area. I don't want to change my resolution everytime I play the game. I hope you (BFG) can fix this problem so I can have all the Awakenings games. I have never had any problems like this with Big Fish games.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Apr 16, 12 12:20 PM
Hi angus1234,

Since you said you've already tried adjusting your computer settings, it's probably best if you get in touch with our Technical Support Team. They'll be able to really delve into the issue and figure out how to get everything resolved for you.

We've created a great post with information about how to contact them and send in details about how the game is running on your computer:

How do I contact Tech Support?

(Just click the blue text and you'll be taken right there.)

I hope this helps!

bfgMonongahela

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Jun 4, 12 5:12 AM
I have a similar time.. load / thanks for playing!. So far I haven't managed to play at all in both CE and SE games. Very frustrating as it looks good and the $6.99 special is very inviting. Oh well, back to my jigsaws.

[Post New]by shamriockpog on Jun 4, 12 7:13 AM
I am also having an issue with this game. It loads and then shuts itself off. NOTHING else is running.

Note: I have deleted, reinstalled, adjusted settings.....

Edited on 06/04/2012 at 8:08:33 AM PST

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by donamae222 on Jun 4, 12 1:04 PM
Jerky picture - anyone else? I uninstalled & reinstalled, still the same. The whole picture doesn't jerk, only when a scene changes, my pocket dragon, puzzles etc. A bit annoying.
dm

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

Jerky picture - anyone else? I uninstalled & reinstalled, still the same. The whole picture doesn't jerk, only when a scene changes, my pocket dragon, puzzles etc. A bit annoying.
dm

donamae222
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

dm

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Jun 4, 12 2:06 PM
I can play the game on small screen it will not open to large screen, I think I will buy this game I feel like sooner or later they will have a fix..The game is awesome..This game is not bad for 6.99.If i try to open it up to the wide screen it will disappear..
DEv's just a thought for you get the bugs out before you sell games, Plz get the fishes a fix..

freebez
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by freebez on Jun 4, 12 2:08 PM
I'd played the trail version when this game first came out and had no problems with it. I've just bought the CE because of the discount.
I loaded the game and about 1/3 of the screen was black. I tried going into windowed mode but was told my resolution wasn't high enough.
Off to tech support I go!

rolldedice
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by rolldedice on Jun 5, 12 7:42 PM
for all whose screen goes black at the fountain-use the hint button and just wing it-put the bucket in and the black ball to wash off then get more water in the bucket(use hint if screen is black) I finished this awesome game tonite and that was the only glitch-the bark was a.............but at least u can finish!!!!!

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 8, 12 5:01 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you having display issues, you may want to see if an update to one of the components needed to play our games might help. Here is a help article with more information:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Also, if the game play is kind of jerky for you, try disabling the custom cursor from the Options menu.

If your game still is giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

hibtug
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by hibtug on Jun 8, 12 10:12 AM
Same problem as KrissCross 48, the screen goes black at the fountain and I cannot pick up the bucket. What do you BF subbest wedo ?

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Jun 9, 12 5:55 AM
hibtug, it might still help to run some updates just to make sure:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

That being said, I would recommend getting in touch with Tech Support so they can take a closer look at that issue.

bfgRhone

anabel1566
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by anabel1566 on Jun 29, 12 9:32 AM
What amazes me is that ONE YEAR after the release of this game and there are STILL technical issues.....what does that tell you? It tells me.....stay away from this game....

[Post New]by sharbee543 on Jul 6, 12 4:18 PM
this game keeps crashing. I have uninstalled it, done what it said in the help section...now I can't get it to open. I would like a refund.

[Post New]by cuddlekitten4b on Aug 25, 12 7:18 PM
I cannot pick up the ant or the chisel in the gatehouse section. The cursor seems to only pick things up when pointed to the left of the object but even that is not working for these two items. Is this a fixable glitch?

serenity7x
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by serenity7x on Aug 29, 12 9:14 AM
hi ...i am desparate!! this is the 2nd time i am playing this game, got up to the epilogue, and got into the shed by the stables. and BOTH times i played the game, i play the hos in the shed, and the clippers just are NOT in the toolbelt in the HOS. i click on the hint, and the owl circles a space on the little toolbelt in the hos, but there is nothing there.

what to do? i would love to be aable to finish this game,love the game, but am good and stuck.

can you please help me? anyone else have this problem?

thank you
serenity7x

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Aug 29, 12 10:32 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble with getting and keeping items for your Inventory!

One thing that may help is to run the game in Administrator Mode. This will ensure it has all the permissions it needs to run correctly. You can read about how to make that adjustment in the help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support so they can take a look at things and troubleshoot with you directly.

You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: