JCesme43
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Reviews for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by JCesme43 on Nov 20, 11 9:55 AM
This game was really good & with a different theme than others. I enjoyed it very much. Had to skip 3 or so of the puzzles as they were either too hard for me or I got impatient trying to solve them. That's not a bad thing, though....just me.
Anyway, great game, great graphics, long play time (for me). I highly recommend!
Thanks BFG & Elephant.

sco8462
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sco8462 on Nov 27, 11 8:30 AM
I loved this game until it all fell apart. I got a frozen screen at the arcade in the plane. I was 3/4 of the way through, as I recall. I shut it down and looked at the forums. I tried various fixes and the only thing that worked was to start all over again. I have tons of games from BFG that actually work. The whole way through. Where the biggest problem is that I can't find something because the people designing the HOS did a really, really good job. The only way out of the frozen game is to restart?!?!? Are you kidding me.

What if I start all over again and it just happens again. I'm not willing to loose another 3-6 hours on this game when I can just play something else.

I see it works for some people. Just not me or the other 11 pages of technical support posts.

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Nov 28, 11 9:33 AM
I thought gee for member sale pruce of $2.99 why not (it is getting that time of year that money is pretty tight. But$2.99 I went for it) and was i a"MAZED" got hooked right away and couldn't get mu self to stop.I will say it was a little on the weird side but that's my bag. And I like Elephant games. Thanks .

Ongoldenpond
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Ongoldenpond on Nov 29, 11 11:36 AM
This had to be one of the most incredible and imaginative Hog/adventure/puzzle games I have played in a very long time (and I've played almost all of them). This game had everything you could possibly want in this genre - engrossing storyline, wonderful graphics, very unique puzzles, hidden objects that were relevant and could actually find, and a map, journal and hint button to help you if you got stuck - just a perfect blend. A brilliant and challenging game that will keep you playing and on the edge of your seats. Great job developers - keep them coming!

Toffifee
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,383 Posts

[Post New]by Toffifee on Nov 29, 11 3:06 PM
Had some very nice hours with this game - interesting storyline and location, puzzles not too hard (my impatience lets them get hard sometimes lol) - worked without problems on Windows 7 - you should give it a try!

Some poster spoke about "junkpiles" in HOS ... that's true, really annoying sometimes

"The end" makes be believe there will be a second part .... will see

[Post New]by SIRSLIMMYEEL on Nov 30, 11 1:01 PM
This is one wierd freaky game but I really liked it. Was disapointed the way it ended because it let you know another chapter is on it's way.

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Nov 30, 11 7:46 PM
Ok, here's my review for "Urban Legends: The Maze:"

Graphics: Scenery & cutscenes were nice & clear, also bright for those who don't care for dark & spooky.

Voices/Sounds: There weren't any voice-overs that I remember. Too bad because I enjoy hearing different voices. I did notice that some of the items picked up in the HOGs had their own distinct sound which was nice. It made you feel as though the devs put some thought into them.

Music: The music wasn't anything really special, but it was appropriate with most of the game. In some scenes, the music would indicate something suspenseful was about to happen.

Minis/HOGs: There was no choice in hard or casual playing so there were sparkles to locate the HOGs, but they weren't overly intrusive. I would have preferred 2 modes, but truthfully, some of the minis weren't the easiest or quickest to figure out for me, so it was still time consuming. There weren't many HOGs, but there sure were a lot of minigames! There were plenty of hints if you needed them for the HOGs, but they were less than helpful in the minis. If you didn't want to use the WT, you could use the Skip option.

Game Overall: This was an Elephant game, and I usually like what they have to offer. I'm a slow player because I like to enjoy everything the game has to offer - just like a book, I don't skp a word - so I spent at least 6 hours on this one. The theme was a little different from anything else that I've played, plus the fact that I encountered a couple things that even surprised me considering I've been a game player for many years, and I found that enjoyable! One small annoyance for me was that it wouldn't let me type in 6 or 7 characters on my usual game name at the beginning - I'm not sure why some games have such a large box to type into but won't let you have but a handful of letters. Also, I want to say that I was a little confused in the way the game ended, so I'm left wondering if there's the possibility of a sequel in the future, or did this game have a real ending in the CE version. Unless someone who purchased the CE says something, I may never know...

Recommendation: I would definitely recommend this game to anyone looking for something a little different, challenging and not on the dark side. It had an element of suspense, though not over the top.

Out of 5 stars, mostly because of the ending, I give this

Rachieroos
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,039 Posts

[Post New]by Rachieroos on Dec 1, 11 4:13 PM
blujeens wrote:Also, I want to say that I was a little confused in the way the game ended, so I'm left wondering if there's the possibility of a sequel in the future, or did this game have a real ending in the CE version. Unless someone who purchased the CE says something, I may never know...

Recommendation: I would definitely recommend this game to anyone looking for something a little different, challenging and not on the dark side. It had an element of suspense, though not over the top.

Out of 5 stars, mostly because of the ending, I give this

I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this was released as an SE and never a CE. I hope there's a sequel though

addieh
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by addieh on Dec 8, 11 9:39 AM
First off, I might have posted before. I did get through the game once and then tried again. The second time I found the puzzles challenging to say the least.
Maybe I'm not in the right frame of mind to play..too tired, busy, etc.
So I'm going to shelve it for awhile and try again.
The game is great, don't get me wrong...it's just me.
I give this game a 5

[Post New]by VENICELOVER on Dec 17, 11 9:18 PM
This game was great! It just kept going & going. Unlike a lot of others (even CE's) that seem way too short, this one had level after level. Every time you think you're close to the end, surprise! Loved the puzzles, graphics, sounds, etc. Really got my moneys worth on this one. Wish they could all be like this.

[Post New]by ManatiPuertoRico on Dec 28, 11 5:35 PM
Ok I just played 25 mins of the demo and I'm not sure if it's because I am SICK or just that this one is hard to follow I think I piurchased this one during Felix Favorites and I am trying to reactivate but for now I have to put it down. I am not able to think where to use the inventory that I already have and finding myself using hint after hint to figure out what to do next. I will give it another try when my severe cold gets better and my head is not pounding.

Edited on 12/28/2011 at 5:38:13 PM PST

murphy1923
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by murphy1923 on Feb 11, 12 3:56 PM
The game was terrific! Good story - which I usually don't pay attention to, but this one caught my attention. Good hidden object scenes, great puzzles that were just hard enough to be challenging (some were easy, but most weren't).
I really enjoyed the creativity, the little bit of weirdness, the art, and the fact that I spent hours playing it.
Now I'm going to see if there are any other Elephant games I don't already have, and I was actually pleased at the ending since it indicates another one is on its way, and that is good.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

[Post New]by care___916 on May 1, 12 1:17 AM
I usually love the Elephant games but not this one. I did complete this game I didn’t know there would so many puzzles (which is not for me). I don’t mind a few puzzles but a lot of them were hard for me. Some of the puzzles you couldn’t skip, there was one towards the end that I just couldn’t figure out so thank goodness for the walkthrough, had to slowly follow it to get past this puzzle yuck.

I believe this was a decent length game but did not care for the ending at all. If a sequel come out I probably will not purchase it unless a lot of changes in game play are done.

Give this game a try if you like puzzles and some hidden objects.

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on May 8, 12 1:04 PM
I gave the demo half an hour and quit. The game seems to consist of "go here to get this tool, then go there to use it, then go back to get another tool, then go somewhere else to use it....yada yada yada". And don't bother trying to pick up all those nice tools you see on the ground/floor because you can't.

I don't like moving back and forth between places so many times that the map is branded into my brain in ten minutes. I see no storyline at all, except that some contestants have disappeared and I'm trying to find them.

And although I love snarky remarks aimed at me I don't like it when I'm doing something correctly but don't have the tool at exactly the right spot. And who seals a metal container of gasoline with a cork? Nobody, that's who.

I got bored. This is not the game for me. I'm glad I tried the demo before making the mistake of buying it. Maybe it improves later on. I absolutely love mazes and am good at completing them but this is a different kind of maze.

I don't know. Maybe in a few months? I will admit that the man who seems to always be running away is kinda creepy.

A cork? Uh uh.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 28, 12 5:11 PM
this game is a great and long game. a BUY..........doug

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 28, 12 5:12 PM

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 28, 12 5:12 PM

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on May 29, 12 7:01 AM
this is a LONG game and well worth the buy-----------------lisa

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 27, 13 12:01 AM
I love Elephant Games. Very glad to see an SE that is a decent length. This is a very different story line for this company but they did it well. It isn't my normal sort of game but a great 'buy' with a coupon code.

Story line is good, I could wish there were voice-overs though. Complex and interesting game but the HOGs were muddy and distorted.

I'll admit that I was disappointed in the ending; yes, there's obviously a sequel but I really wanted a definitive ending to this game.

Sequel?

[Post New]by themouse020 on Mar 30, 13 11:50 AM
This is one of my favorite games - terrific replay value, because there are so many puzzles. Just wondering if Elephant is planning a sequel - it's very different from their current offerings, but I'd sure like to see a new Elephant game with hard puzzles and a really adult story line.

Go to: