Re:Post any Urban Legends: The Maze technical issues here only

[Post New]by wray62 on Sep 21, 11 11:05 AM
Help, I am stuck trying to open the valve in the boiler room, and picking up access card in the pipe. Does anyone know how to do that? Thanks

[Post New]by Treefrog55 on Sep 21, 11 10:51 PM
I don't know if this will work for any of you, but I have had the same problem several times and when I change my resolution it has always worked for me and the game opens and plays. I can't tell what resolution works because it has been different ones for different games, I've had to use trial and error, usually it needs to be lowered , but not all the time. I have no idea why it works or what it has to do with the GM coming back on. Hope this will help.

Bron186
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by Bron186 on Sep 22, 11 4:12 PM
rexred54 wrote:There is a glitch in level 4 at the skeleton with the chest. I had the same problem as Micral. The HOG scene in the chest wouldn't end so I could get the pick-axe handle. I had to restart the game with a new profile. This time I picked up the pick-axe handle and map before doing the puzzle to open the chest. Everything proceeded normally after that, but it is a pain to have to restart the game so far into it.

*** Possible spoiler ***

Me too, same location. I think there are several **** scenes at the same location though - I'm pretty sure I already have the pick-axe handle. I hit the hint button and it tried to circle something above the top of the image. Don't know that I'm inclined to play the entire thing again though.

[edit 1] Good grief! 10 pages of posts to the tech issues? That's dreadful.
[edit 2] Mac 10.6.8

Edited on 09/22/2011 at 4:17:25 PM PST

Rallygreg
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Rallygreg on Sep 23, 11 4:44 AM
Is there still no fix/update for the skeleton issue at the well??

Do BFG actually look at these problems? Do they tell the developer to fix an issue?

My Game manager tells me there are 5 updates to games - these are all games that I completed, how about a fix for this game?

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Sep 25, 11 10:40 PM
Jorie10 wrote:
rexred54 wrote:There is a glitch in level 4 at the skeleton with the chest. I had the same problem as Micral. The HOG scene in the chest wouldn't end so I could get the pick-axe handle. I had to restart the game with a new profile. This time I picked up the pick-axe handle and map before doing the puzzle to open the chest. Everything proceeded normally after that, but it is a pain to have to restart the game so far into it.

Darn. I just ran into this issue. I see by the postings that a few of us did. Very frustrating not to be able to continue with the game. I really do not want to have to replay the game with a new profile just to get beyond this point.

Any chance of a fix?

I also had a problem in the dungeon scene but it didn't have to do with the skeleton and chest. That part worked fine for me. I came across a problem when I was unlocking the jail cell during the gears puzzle and the game froze. I ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game, and my computer was still giving me trouble, so I had to manually shut it off. When I turned it back on and got back in to the game it said my profile had been corrupted and made me start the game over. I really don't want to do that. I don't usually play games twice, and I don't want to have to play this game from the beginning again, I was pretty far in to the game, more than halfway through, and if I have to start it again, I will be really frustrated, especially since there is a chance I could encounter the same problem when I get back to the dungeon. I just deleted the game and will try re-installing it to see if my old profile is back, but if it isn't, I am going to be really mad.

I am wondering if anyone else had a problem similar to this, and if so, what did they do? The game was working totally fine before this, so I thought I would have no problem finishing it and then this happened, grr! If re-installing doesn't fix the problem then I will be contacting BFG CS. If there is something wrong with this game during the dungeon scene then they need to know about it so that there can be a fix.

Edited on 09/25/2011 at 10:42:08 PM PST

[Post New]by blom51 on Sep 27, 11 3:59 AM
Bron186 wrote:

*** Possible spoiler ***

Me too, same location. I think there are several **** scenes at the same location though - I'm pretty sure I already have the pick-axe handle. I hit the hint button and it tried to circle something above the top of the image. Don't know that I'm inclined to play the entire thing again though.

[edit 1] Good grief! 10 pages of posts to the tech issues? That's dreadful.
[edit 2] Mac 10.6.8

[Post New]by blom51 on Sep 27, 11 4:00 AM
I have the same problem with the skeleton. Also circle red at the top. Anybody that can help please.

moetoole
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

Re:Technical Issue for Urban Legends: The Maze

[Post New]by moetoole on Sep 27, 11 4:20 AM
beeboppa wrote:I had no problems playing through Demo...but when it quit I bought and it downloaded fine..Now the Full version wont play at all, when I press 'Play" I get a slight flicker then nothing ...stays in GM !!! Any ideas ??

Me too. Love Love Love this game.... was playing for days, and had closed and opened often. Then all of the sudden hit play and blank, dark screen. Have followed help instructions.... same result have uninstalled and reinstalled often, even though I didn't want to start over. Still same problem

[Post New]by luveyfluffy on Sep 27, 11 3:06 PM
played the demo & loved it, so bought it! unfortunately after 2 hrs download it had erased my player profile, so I had to start again!
Then after playing for about 2hrs last nite, it has erased my profile again! Not sure I really want to go through all that again!!
Is there a fix? or can I have my credit back?

[Post New]by nutzoid on Sep 27, 11 8:08 PM
Micral wrote:Disaster has struck with taking the pickaxe handle from the skeleton! Have played for hours today, but the Hidden Object scene with the skeleton and chest won't finish. I've collected all the objects but I'm still stuck in the screen. The hint says take the pickaxe handle from the skeleton's hand, but if I leave the scene the sparkles are still there and if I approach the skeleton again I'm back in the Hidden Object scene with nothing more to collect. I've quit the game and gone back in, but the sparkles are still there - big boooo hoooo I know I'm going to have to junk the past ???? hours and start again one day - I can't face it at the moment, but has anyone out there also had the same issue? I couldn't bear starting again and having the same problem...................

Smithy's

[Post New]by Yellocat on Sep 28, 11 8:11 AM
My screen goes white when I go into the Smithy's and try to retrieve the pan. Then the basement screen goes white. The only things I can see are menu and hint. I have shut down and restarted several times in the last few days. What gives?

[Post New]by Yellocat on Sep 28, 11 8:17 AM

((((((((((I also had a problem in the dungeon scene but it didn't have to do with the skeleton and chest. That part worked fine for me. I came across a problem when I was unlocking the jail cell during the gears puzzle and the game froze. I ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game, and my computer was still giving me trouble, so I had to manually shut it off. When I turned it back on and got back in to the game it said my profile had been corrupted and made me start the game over. I really don't want to do that. I don't usually play games twice, and I don't want to have to play this game from the beginning again, I was pretty far in to the game, more than halfway through, and if I have to start it again, I will be really frustrated, especially since there is a chance I could encounter the same problem when I get back to the dungeon. I just deleted the game and will try re-installing it to see if my old profile is back, but if it isn't, I am going to be really mad.

I am wondering if anyone else had a problem similar to this, and if so, what did they do? The game was working totally fine before this, so I thought I would have no problem finishing it and then this happened, grr! If re-installing doesn't fix the problem then I will be contacting BFG CS. If there is something wrong with this game during the dungeon scene then they need to know about it so that there can be a fix.))))))))))

I had the same problem. Then it let me finish the puzzle, but the room is still white. And when I exit the room, other rooms are white. I also had a problem in the quicksand. Break the glass with a rock. What rock? Restarting the game brought the stuff I needed. I am still shutting off the game and making small advancements trying to get through the Smithy's room and the dungeon. I would rather not have to restart either!

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 8:18:35 AM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 11 1:21 PM
Hello everyone,

If you're having troubles progressing in a level and have looked at the walkthrough for step-by-step instructions, have uninstalled and reinstalled your game but still cannot move on, you may want to try starting over with a new player profile.

We have a great Tech Support team that is also available to assist you with any other technical issues or questions you might have. Please be sure to write in with specific details (including any troubleshooting steps you've taken, a Dr. Felix report, a screenshot of the issue you're having, etc.) so that our rep can best assist you. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

pugpug01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

Post any Urban Legends: The Maze technical issues here only

[Post New]by pugpug01 on Sep 28, 11 7:12 PM
Gamesetter_ wrote:I get the main menu, but as soon as I press "Play" I get an error an the screen is black.

Access Violation at 0x004AD6B2
tried to read from (0x000000F4) program terminated

pugpug01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pugpug01 on Sep 28, 11 7:13 PM
Try resetting your player name before you press play. Worked for me and the game was great!
Cheers.

pugpug01
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by pugpug01 on Sep 28, 11 7:14 PM
Try resetting your player name before you press play. Worked for me and the game was great!
Cheers.

[Post New]by pennies4candies on Sep 30, 11 12:08 PM
I've bought the collector's edition... for the first couple of days it played fine, saving the profile and game progress.
Went back to play as normal and found that for some reason my profile hadn't been saved. I started from scratch, played for about two hours saved and closed down.
the next time i went to play again it couldn't recall the profile or game play and wanted to start from the beginning again !!

I've followed ALL the suggested steps on the website and still had the same problem. have contacted technical support on 26th September and have been checking my email for a reply and nothing! I'm now left with a pricey game and unable to play it !

This is not the first time I've not received a reply from technical support after experiencing a problem with another game and NEVER getting a response and NEVER being able to play that game again

I'm seriously considering not buying anymore games from Big Fish at this rate

[Post New]by 1001001 on Sep 30, 11 4:46 PM
I have the same ax handle problem, I have no desire to start from the beginning again.
How about a credit BFG?

roxiestar74
Minnow
Minnow
290 Posts

[Post New]by roxiestar74 on Oct 2, 11 1:12 PM
Yellocat wrote:
((((((((((I also had a problem in the dungeon scene but it didn't have to do with the skeleton and chest. That part worked fine for me. I came across a problem when I was unlocking the jail cell during the gears puzzle and the game froze. I ctrl-alt-del to get out of the game, and my computer was still giving me trouble, so I had to manually shut it off. When I turned it back on and got back in to the game it said my profile had been corrupted and made me start the game over. I really don't want to do that. I don't usually play games twice, and I don't want to have to play this game from the beginning again, I was pretty far in to the game, more than halfway through, and if I have to start it again, I will be really frustrated, especially since there is a chance I could encounter the same problem when I get back to the dungeon. I just deleted the game and will try re-installing it to see if my old profile is back, but if it isn't, I am going to be really mad.

I had the same problem. Then it let me finish the puzzle, but the room is still white. And when I exit the room, other rooms are white. I also had a problem in the quicksand. Break the glass with a rock. What rock? Restarting the game brought the stuff I needed. I am still shutting off the game and making small advancements trying to get through the Smithy's room and the dungeon. I would rather not have to restart either!

I re-installed the game, and my profile was still deleted, which made me really mad. I contacted customer service and they told me that if I try playing the game from the beginning again that I might not encounter the same problems in the dungeon scene. They said that other players have contacted them telling them that their profiles were erased as well, so I am not the only person this happened to. Other players told them that re-starting the game allowed them to play it through to the end without any problems. I might do that someday, but I don't feel like doing that right now. The game has frustrated me enough already, and I don't need any more frustrations from it, but I just wanted to tell people that encountered the same problem as me with their profile getting erased that if they have the patience to start the game over again from the beginning that they might be able to get past the dungeon scene if that is where they encountered problems.

[Post New]by BrieMilligan on Oct 3, 11 4:25 PM
Micral wrote:Disaster has struck with taking the pickaxe handle from the skeleton! Have played for hours today, but the Hidden Object scene with the skeleton and chest won't finish. I've collected all the objects but I'm still stuck in the screen. The hint says take the pickaxe handle from the skeleton's hand, but if I leave the scene the sparkles are still there and if I approach the skeleton again I'm back in the Hidden Object scene with nothing more to collect. I've quit the game and gone back in, but the sparkles are still there - big boooo hoooo I know I'm going to have to junk the past ???? hours and start again one day - I can't face it at the moment, but has anyone out there also had the same issue? I couldn't bear starting again and having the same problem...................

Hey I know you posted this a while ago, but this just happened to me and I don't want to start over. Did you get this fixed??

Go to: