luciusm
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by luciusm on Nov 9, 11 1:44 PM
Love it!
Must admit I depended on those hints and the advice pretty heavily this first time into the game. So I didn't earn many achievements. But I know I will return to this game again and again, so I will not have to rely on hints.
I disabled the moving screen very soon into the game. Have to say it's an unusual thing to put into a game, I found it quite annoying, but the testers must have liked it.
But I definitely found Drawn 3 to be as enjoyable as I did the other two.
May we have more, please?

Ceorl
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

Re:Reviews for Drawn™: Trail of Shadows Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Ceorl on Nov 10, 11 12:42 AM
I don't know why the moving screen option is there in the first place but after disabling it I continued into the game with an ever increasing delight at conquering each puzzle book. Not a hard game to play and for me the game provided some interesting touches to the usual run of the mill puzzles. I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.

Edited on 11/10/2011 at 12:48:11 AM PST

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Nov 10, 11 5:41 PM
Sorry, not for me....a little too funky. Enjoyed the other Drawn but this was much too childish.

kcasey57
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by kcasey57 on Nov 10, 11 6:02 PM
well.....I played the little trial....i thought this is gonna be great....since i love the drawn series i bought the game. I finished the game on regular mode in just under 2 hours...I wish the game had been longer...it was a little too short for me. ..some of the details weren't what i expected being spoiled in 1 and 2 this was kind of a let down...it is a good game but just wish it was longer....now to go try expert mode....

waguhs123
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by waguhs123 on Nov 12, 11 4:47 AM
I really liked the game, it was just way too short in my opinion...Wish I could've played longer!!

[Post New]by Skitten24 on Nov 12, 11 6:32 PM
Hi, I got this game as I LOVE the others and i haven't had any problem with it. I can't wait till the next one much love for this game!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by DarkStarsD on Nov 14, 11 2:09 PM
Really liked the game. fantastic graphics

[Post New]by Nachojack9 on Nov 16, 11 3:24 AM
Waaaaay toooo short !!! Love love love it BUT just really getting into it and it ended Kept thinking each new area would be a new challenge and it was but then it ended - way too soon . Still - great game, great graphics, makes you think which is a GOOD THING !! Awesome!!

rtrooney
Minnow
Minnow
210 Posts

[Post New]by rtrooney on Nov 16, 11 6:32 PM
Lots of negative comments. Enjoyed the demo, but finished with 23 minutes left on the clock. Would tend to varify that this is a short game. Will wait for the SE. Which should come soon. Popularity of the CE is dropping like a rock in the illustrated book's creek.

[Post New]by LaReine1 on Nov 20, 11 10:22 AM
Enjoyed the game overall - but it's a short game. The graphics & music are beautiful, the storyline is interesting and the puzzles were nice.
However, wish I had waited for the SE because the game is short and the extras in the CE don't hold any interest for me. Unfortunately, I find this with most CE games and usually stay away from them.

[Post New]by Dancingcrone on Nov 20, 11 12:52 PM
Loved the Drawn series, loved this game - the graphics are superb as in the other two - but nothing extra in the collectors edition to warrant the extra money. If I'm honest I liked the first two better - but I loved this one too. I love the fact that everything you need to find has a bearing on the game - no irrelevant lobsters or wrenches or bowling balls.

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

So Disappointed in This New Game in Drawn Series

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Nov 22, 11 4:18 PM
I don't like this whole "Collector's Edition" business to begin with, even though I purchase them when they come up because I'm afraid I'm going to miss something if I don't buy it.

BFG is counting on people like me to spend the extra money out of fear that we'll miss something if we don't. As long as we buy – for whatever reason – they don't care how we feel about their Collector's Edition practice.

I've been a member of this group for a long time now; many years, and I find that the way BFG does things now and the way they used to be is so very different. It used to feel like a family here. I can't imagine seven years ago that they would have stuck this Collector's Edition on us to try to bleed more money out of us and take advantage of the fact that we like to play games and they have games.

Oh, well.

As time goes on, the value, (and I actually had to hold my nose when I used the word "value") of a Collector's Edition game has really diminished. It just really ISN"T worth it any more if it ever was.

As for this game, all of what I said above tells you all you need to know

It was WAY too easy, WAY too short and completely void of any reason for a Collector's Edition.

I wonder if the BFG people realize that the soundtrack and original artwork is NOT something people care about paying for.

Anyway, I played the whole game and I don't recommend it.

But, have loved, loved, loved the other Drawn editions.

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Nov 23, 11 3:21 AM
Welcome to the pond Skitten24!!

gamedancer
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by gamedancer on Nov 23, 11 7:45 PM
I don't like this game as well as the others. I was looking forward too. Being a CE, I felt it was not long enought. It felt like an extra game for one of the other Drawn's But I liked it while playing it. I will probably deliete it sooner than I do others

kirjushyk
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by kirjushyk on Nov 25, 11 3:38 PM
Maybe we have to expect full 3D **** game in near future

[Post New]by Kitty71 on Nov 25, 11 10:13 PM
One of the most visually stunning games I have seen... lots of fun, creative, and different... but way too SHORT! I was really surprised at how quickly I finished it. I would have liked it at least twice as long.

chickenjools
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by chickenjools on Nov 26, 11 7:54 AM
This is a visually beautiful game. I loved the music too even though it is a bit repetitive. I love the puzzles and the fact that there are no hidden object scenes. I found it shorter than the other two games but maybe that's because I'm just better at it now. I enjoyed every scene, every puzzle and I found the hint button more than adequate when I did get stuck.

I didn't mind the movement in the scenes at all - in fact it added to the game for me.

Hope there's a Drawn 4.

aliz7
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by aliz7 on Nov 28, 11 8:11 AM
How can they call this a CE? I don't think a screen saver or two counts as bonus/extra content. what.a.rip.off. Oh, and this is not as good as the other 2 drawn games. BORING

[Post New]by Meredith43 on Dec 4, 11 8:07 AM
Love, love LOVE this game! The visual appeal is the best of any game I have played. Story line is not too dark (a good thing in my book). The pop-up books recall one of the things I loved, and still love, from childhood. The hog hunt made me giggle like a kid. Music is pleasant and non-obtrusive. The puzzles are challenging but not so difficult as to make me quit in disgust. Overall, this game is a five-star winner and I hope there will be a Drawn 4 and even a Drawn 5. Thanks, Big Fish!

blujeens
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

[Post New]by blujeens on Dec 21, 11 6:41 PM
Ok, here's my review of Drawn: Trail of Shadows:

Graphics: Very easy on the eyes, beautiful artwork, clean, bright in the right places, and dark in the right places. Just what graphics should be! Options offered Screen Movement to limit movement that made some fishes "dizzy," but I felt it added to the game in a way that made the screen come alive in a whole different way.

Voices/Sounds: Voice-overs were good, not too frequent. Sounds were very appropriate, although I may have wanted a little more in sound fxs.

Music: Beautiful, haunting, nice variety and delighted that I could download each one!

Minis/HOGs: These games were delightfully unusual and challenging enough to keep me interested. There was a hint system, instead of a true SG, but it was just enough to keep me from visiting a WT on the couple of occasions that I wasn't sure I was going to get thru without help. There were no cluttered HOGs, altho you did have to locate items. Playing modes were Casual & Experienced, and I chose the latter. The game was slightly over 5 hours for me.

Game Overall: This is a Big Fish game that I was extremely pleased to play, altho I'm not sure that the storyline was all that it should have been. The bonus game of this CE is integrated as Chapter 3 - The Cave, which was fine with me, but because it was so short, I'm sure the SE will seem even shorter. I felt that I was left wanting more because of the length, but I also believe that the unique puzzles, music and graphics made up for that. Fishes in this pond keep asking for "different" games, and this one fit that demand for me very, very nicely. This offered 2 other extras that I love - an Achievement page, altho a couple of them were probably darn hard to get - and finding the pigs thruout the game which weren't necessary, but something to brag about if you found all 27!

Recommendation: Ok, if you want something different, exciting, unique, detailed and challenging, this is the game you want. Yes, it's definitely shorter than other games, but I wasn't constantly wandering from scene to scene to scene trying to find something that I missed an hour ago. You are paying for quality in this CE, and I would do it again. I would also play this game again sooner than some of the others that I said I would do-over.

Out of 5 stars, I give this game: Thank you, Big Fish, for delivering a high quality game on this one!

Go to: