JanG7
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by JanG7 on Oct 27, 11 12:43 PM
I couldn't get it to download this morning, having the same problems as everyone else, so I waited until this afternoon (2:30 pm est). Game downloaded and installed in less than 2 minutes. Game plays great with no technical problems so far.

Patience is a virtue. Off to finish the Demo and probably buy.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Post any Resurrection, New Mexico Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 27, 11 1:05 PM
After not having any luck downloading this game this morning, I tried just now for the third time (third time lucky, right?), and the download/installation only took me 5 minutes. I actually have the game now on my GM. LOL Can`t believe it. I sure hope this game was worth it.

ETA: Game definitely worth the download.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 2:07:54 PM PST

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 27, 11 1:14 PM
Hi fishies!

I just wanted to swim by and let you know that we have determined what was causing the download issues with today's TGT.

And while I wasn't given a specific ETA for this issue to be completely resolved, please be assured that our techies are working feverishly to get this fixed.

Thank you for your continued patience!

-bfgHondo

gameswolf
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by gameswolf on Oct 27, 11 1:37 PM
Why such a fuss?

For me 99 procent games that I wanted to purchase from BF work OK. The remaining 1 procent are games that I have wanted, but for various reasons , will not work. For example some of the ERS games.

But it will not make me give up on BF. It is still, at least for me, the best game site for their choice of games, value for my money, good technical support and excellent customer response.

Gropitou
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Gropitou on Oct 27, 11 1:52 PM
Left download at suspensed stage for 2hrs (since then BF posted bug found/fixed) and just hit resume and it finished downloading in seconds. Good Job BF.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 27, 11 2:11 PM
I just got the game to download really fast just like nothing ever happened. But I did go back and reinstall the game manager.

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Blackstaff on Oct 27, 11 2:17 PM
If you are referring to the download issues that some have been reporting, we'll continue posting updates in the 'Tech Issues' thread as we receive them. Currently we have determined what was causing these issues, and are now working hard to fix this ASAP.

"Some" as in "a few posters" may have ran Dr Felix and sent it on in as an attachment (I did that at almost 5am my time) while others did not...however a "substantial" amount of posters have been quite vociferous on this forum with this download issue as this thread and all the others that have been locked clearly attest to. Saying "some" minimizes and trivializes just how many people have truly been affected with this downloading issue and that just ain't right.

I'm glad that you've all been working hard on determining the problem and finding a fix. Any chance we fishies get let in on just what in the heck the "problem" is - while awaiting the patch - or are we all to be left in the dark?

I can tell you what it ain't. It's not Google Chrome, Firefox, or IE ... tried it with all of them. It ain't my computer, this is only the second game I've had issues with regards to downloading - the first took almost 30 minutes and here I thought that was bad enough - and I've never actually had a complaint with the newest GM. It ain't the TSL 1.0 setting for IE, it ain't my firewall settings, and it ain't the DEP. I always double check those things because my computer gremlins like to reset things whether I want them reset or not.

More than anything else, it appears that ridiculously extreme amounts of patience is required for us just to get a demo of this blasted game! Finally...finally...finally...I have managed to get this game downloaded, and it only took nearly 3 full hours on my final download try. Funny thing, once it was downloaded to the GM it took less than 2 minutes for the game to install and activate. Go figure.

Right now, I'm too frustrated to play the dad-blamed thing!

geri_mac
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by geri_mac on Oct 27, 11 2:19 PM
the game is downloading fine now thanks for fixing it

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Oct 27, 11 2:23 PM
Tried again at 1700 today, Eastern time, and it downloaded and installed in two minutes. I am glad to see that BF did determine that there was a problem and addressed it.

LostForever
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by LostForever on Oct 27, 11 2:23 PM
I just got the game to download really fast just like nothing ever happened. But I did go back and reinstall the game manager.

bailey10
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by bailey10 on Oct 27, 11 2:44 PM
ciscaR8 wrote:Big fish when do you solve this problem?
Its not us, its the new game manager, since we had the new one we are having download problems[/quot

I agree. I have had problems with two games, and back and forth with customer service on my games not being able to activate. I am glad that I came to this forum to see that I am not the only one having this problem.

Trigger51
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Trigger51 on Oct 27, 11 2:53 PM
Too much impatience from these people. Too easily frustrated, too.

Was stuck at 75% this morning. Second try started at 75% and got to 80%. After reading some of the technical issue posts, I KNEW it was the game. Nothing I could do. I didn't bother going through the steps some others did. Delete - retry - delete GM - reload - try again - and on and on.

Waste of my time, and wouldn't accomplish anything. Works now! LOL

LaDeeDah
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by LaDeeDah on Oct 27, 11 3:15 PM
Valdy wrote:After not having any luck downloading this game this morning, I tried just now for the third time (third time lucky, right?), and the download/installation only took me 5 minutes. I actually have the game now on my GM. LOL Can`t believe it. I sure hope this game was worth it.

ETA: Game definitely worth the download.

Agree.

Edited on 10/27/2011 at 3:15:46 PM PST

greeny1
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by greeny1 on Oct 27, 11 3:37 PM
had no problem with the download at all, but five minutes into the game the screen went black, the music was stuck like a broken record and i had to force a reboot just to get out of the game

Lilabelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
516 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 27, 11 3:45 PM
Whenever there is a major glitch as happened today my solution rather then wasting time and energy with rants, criticisms, and threats to leave I just wait for BF to find a solution and fix it. Which as you can see they did. My game downloaded and plays with no problems.

P.S.
If you are still having problems after the BF fix try reading the tech forums there are many computer knowledgeable fishies who may have some tweaks you can make to diminish any problems you may have. They have helped me and I now very rarely have a problem that is caused by my computer. Now when there is a major glitch like today it's usually because of some difficulties at the Source

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Oct 27, 11 3:46 PM
I dont know what everyone is complaining about downloading this game. I just downloaded it and it only took 5 minutes. People should not try to download a game as soon as it comes out. Everyone is trying to do the same thing and that slows down the server greatly. If you really want the game try waiting a while until downloading. Come on people stop blaming BFG.

grime
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by grime on Oct 27, 11 4:00 PM
well, my DL worked fine, very quick, but game did not go into the manager, it just went to the desktop and it said my trial was over! wont bother with this one, have deleted it! too many problems lately with bf. disappointing.

Blackstaff
Lobster
Lobster
88 Posts

[Post New]by Blackstaff on Oct 27, 11 4:33 PM
Kayen59 wrote:I dont know what everyone is complaining about downloading this game. I just downloaded it and it only took 5 minutes. People should not try to download a game as soon as it comes out. Everyone is trying to do the same thing and that slows down the server greatly. If you really want the game try waiting a while until downloading. Come on people stop blaming BFG.

Come on, Fishies, please stop pretending that a bonafide technical problem - duly acknowledged by BFG and the mods - is nothing more than simple carping impatient fishies because it's only chumming the waters in this little fishdom.

BFG's slogan is "Tomorrow's Game Today" and not "Tomorrow's Game Tomorrow".

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 27, 11 5:14 PM
Hi everyone,

As some of you have already mentioned, the issues that were causing the slow (or halted) downloads for this game have now been resolved!

If you continue having any troubles with your download, please refer to the following help article for our standard troubleshooting steps:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you need further assistance, please get in touch with our Tech Support reps, who will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Happy gaming!

-bfgHondo

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 27, 11 5:29 PM
Blackstaff wrote:
If you are referring to the download issues that some have been reporting, we'll continue posting updates in the 'Tech Issues' thread as we receive them. Currently we have determined what was causing these issues, and are now working hard to fix this ASAP.

"Some" as in "a few posters" may have ran Dr Felix and sent it on in as an attachment (I did that at almost 5am my time) while others did not...however a "substantial" amount of posters have been quite vociferous on this forum with this download issue as this thread and all the others that have been locked clearly attest to. Saying "some" minimizes and trivializes just how many people have truly been affected with this downloading issue and that just ain't right.

Hi Blackstaff,

Choosing to say "some" was not in any way meant to trivialize the amount of people who were experiencing download issues, and so I apologize if you took it to mean that.

The fact is, we (speaking for the Moderators) did not know exactly how many people were being affected by this issue. Had I said "few", that would've been, as you said, minimizing or trivializing to those who were included in that population. On the other hand, I couldn't say "most" either, because that would've meant that more than 50% were being affected, and I didn't want to imply something that I didn't have evidence for.

Regardless of how many people this issue was affecting, I want you to know that it was very important for us to resolve this.

We of course want you to be able to download and play (and enjoy) our games, so you can be assured that if we ever discover something on our end that is preventing you from doing just that, it will be our top priority to fix it.

And in cases where the issue isn't on our end (or at least when we're not yet positive that it is), our Technical Support team is dedicated to working with you to make each of our games playable on your system.

-bfgHondo

Go to: