ml011384
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

Re:Comments for Mystery Case Files: Escape From Ravenhearst CE

[Post New]by ml011384 on Nov 27, 11 6:27 AM
Here's another thought: *Spoiler Alert*

If Emma,Rose,and the Twins are alive in the here and now,I wonder "How will they cope? Will they get the chance to cope?! Will they stay in the here and now,or will Charles,with the help of his father and Victor,of course,manage to grab them/trick them and me (the player!), and deposit us all back into his/their time?"

Ah, yes, all the possibilities. It makes me feel excited and anxious at the same time, since we'd have to wait another year before a new installment for MCF appears. Not to mention (SPOILER)

there are a few different possibilities for future Ravenhearst related games. Off the top of my head:

1) The MD states that it's the last time s/he's returning to Ravenhearst, but does s/he know for sure? I'm under the impression that the devs over at are quite devious and just might enjoy torturing the MD enough to bring him/her back to Ravenhearst (though that wouldn't be torturous to me and I'm sure a lot of people would agree with me here, since a lot of us do love the Ravenhearst series).

2) If the MD's premonition is correct and s/he doesn't return to Ravenhearst, Charles, his father, and Victor can always appear somewhere else. We don't know that much about Charles's father, so who knows if he has some underground empire lying somewhere in England? Oh, the possibilities!

I know a lot of people are complaining about the new things that happened in EFR and I do respect their opinions, but I personally enjoyed it a lot. To be honest, I couldn't quite get into it when I played the demo, and the MOS did throw me off, too. Not to mention the fact that I've never quite understood the MOS hype. I'm not a fishie who likes morphing objects, even when they were just extras in previous installments of MCF . However, I thought "Meh, it's Ravenhearst, and I don't think I can bring myself to not know the ending." So, I went ahead and bought it. Boy, am I glad I did. Though the mini-games and stuff were rather hard (and I admit, I consulted the SG more than once), in comparison to EFR, a lot of games just seemed too easy. I kind of wished I played the other demos that I had on my computers first before I went ahead and played EFR, since the other demos just didn't seem as much fun.

Kudos to the devs for their brilliance and for their sense of humor. They had me giggling throughout a lot of the scenes.

ml011384
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by ml011384 on Nov 27, 11 6:34 AM
DomEth wrote:I am having some trouble with setting the time in his family home to 7:40 at the moment everytime i set it nothing happens and i have progressed with the game as far as i can without doing it but now really need to do it to get my next inventory item to carry on can anyone help

(SPOILER)

I don't quite remember the times you have to set for Abigail to demand for "Charles's" service, since I've only played through the whole game once so far. Hence, I'm not really sure if it's 7:40. I'm remembering 7:25 here instead, but I might be wrong. Have you checked in Charles's notebook in the cupboard next to the bookshelf for the times that you have to set the clock?

[Post New]by MysteryCaseBob on Nov 27, 11 6:39 AM
No technical problems at all with the game. Fantastic graphics and the sound is good if a little repetitive, but thats only a minor thing.

Very dark themes in this version which I enjoy. Not sure about the morphing objects through. Would have been nice to have had a mix with the traditional hidden object format. I just find myself staring at the screen trying to detect minor changes (and some of them are REALLY small things).

Otherwise - really enjoying the experience! Well done Big Fish!

[Post New]by nursepammyj on Nov 27, 11 6:47 AM
In anticipation of this release I replayed all the MCF games and bought this straight out with no demo. I started out and I gotta say. I was so frustrated and disappointed with the beginning. The morphing scenes just seemed to drag on and on and I actually quit playing and was just sad. I don't buy many CE's because I just can't afford it but this was an exception. Being kind of conservative with my $$ I just had to give it another try. And boy am I glad I did!!! Once I got past the introduction area and got into the "meat" of the game I was hooked!! What a great ride!! I took my time and had to not only consult the SG but come to the forums to get guidance. But then when I realized what I had to do it was a slap on the head moment!! The storyline was so engrossing. And I gotta admit when I came to mom I really enjoyed that. But then I'm a nurse. We kinda are sick like that!!

So really I encourage those that were disappointed to give it another try. Like I said. Once I got thru the beginning and got out of the morphing back to back. I loved it! I want another MCF tomorrow!! Bought a bunch of other games on sale but not going to rush to play them. Nothing to compare to The MCF's. Awesome job BF and kudos to the great developers !

[Post New]by fishin_gurl on Nov 27, 11 7:46 AM
Thank you MCF and BFG for a challenging game that will definitely have replay value. I had to use the SG more than usual because this game could get tough! I fully appreciated that and enjoyed the fact that I really had to put some thought into the game. Definitely worth the CE price. Very talented developers. Kudos

[Post New]by apollo2fish on Nov 27, 11 8:31 AM
I down loaded it.FROZE.took it out now cant down load it again.Whats going on fish.?

[Post New]by Alice1874 on Nov 27, 11 9:49 AM
Wow, I loved this game. A very worthy follow-up to the previous Ravenhearst games, and I hope there are more of this type to come. It was challenging and original, I was getting a bit fed up with HOG's and the morphing scenes really made me concentrate. The puzzles are outstanding and the graphics among the best I've seen, the whole game took longer to complete than most which makes me feel it was worth the money.
I only resorted to the SG to help with a couple of the door tokens, so I'm quite pleased about that.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 27, 11 10:03 AM
1,2 Charles is coming for you
3,4 he's at the door
5,6 hide your kids
7,8 stay up late
9,10 play again

WARNING: SPOILERS

I WAS SOOOOO GLAD
that after the 'thing' that happened in act 5 charles did NOT say:
"They didn't say i had a freaky tounge for nothing Detective, *laugh*"
my opion for charles has changed, He's an ugly duckling, all he wants is for someone to love and understand him, but nobody does

act 3's soundtract is heartbreaking

charles needs to invest in nonflamable material

will they're be more ravenhearst games?! And if so will they explain a little more about Charles' father the Raven?

Edited on 11/27/2011 at 10:09:07 AM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 27, 11 11:11 AM
I didn't read all the posts here, so it may have been said before... but is no one else disappointed and upset that ...
SPOILER (highlight to read if you have finished the game):

...We did not save all those people that Charles abducted! I mean, that was the whole point right? Great, the ghosts are all back to life, but what about the poor people that were strung up to the house. I think it was calloused of the MD to state that "Oh, well, we couldn't save them all..." What horsepucky! They should have allowed us to do something (maybe a bonus puzzle) to save all those people.

Don't get me wrong, I really LOVED this game, but was not happy with the ending. I really don't care if we go back to Ravenhearst again, I think the ending was suitable for that. I hope that we DO go to different locations. Just don't give us hokey live actors like in 13th Skull please. More Dire Grove -esque games would be my preference.

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 27, 11 1:29 PM
cstdenis wrote:I didn't read all the posts here, so it may have been said before... but is no one else disappointed and upset that ...
SPOILER (highlight to read if you have finished the game):

...We did not save all those people that Charles abducted! I mean, that was the whole point right? Great, the ghosts are all back to life, but what about the poor people that were strung up to the house. I think it was calloused of the MD to state that "Oh, well, we couldn't save them all..." What horsepucky! They should have allowed us to do something (maybe a bonus puzzle) to save all those people.

Don't get me wrong, I really LOVED this game, but was not happy with the ending. I really don't care if we go back to Ravenhearst again, I think the ending was suitable for that. I hope that we DO go to different locations. Just don't give us hokey live actors like in 13th Skull please. More Dire Grove -esque games would be my preference.

Good point! During the game I didn't feel as if I was the character at all, bbut just playing the character, a short-tempered, impaitent, angry, hothead And for your saving the people thing, it was implyed that they were dead, and it still is a plot hole.......also who the **** thought having the ghosts come back to life was a good idea!?!? now we got people who are not Charles/Victor/Charles' dad from the 19th century running around england!? Wouldn't it have been better if they had like gone to the other side!?

Debnj67
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by Debnj67 on Nov 27, 11 1:37 PM
I just think they went to the extreme with this game. People complained about sparkles & hand holding so they made this game extremely difficult with a poor SG. I don't like having to constantly exit a game to check the forums for a solution. People complained about no morphing objects and junkpiles in previous games so they made this game just morphing & no hidden objects. The graphics/visuals are good, but so are a lot of games as well as previous MCF games. I haven't gotten very far in this game because it runs slow on my computer which is frustrating. But I was getting really turned off with the story line, weird puzzles, sound effects of crying babies...I really am having trouble seeing the greatness in this game that others are experiencing. I hardly ever use hints or SG and this is all I'm doing in this game. Not fun, tedious. I am on the verge of deleting the game and asking for my money back, but I still have a glimmer of hope that I will find something enjoyable about this game. I remember my 1st experience with RTR I needed a lot of help and frequently turned to the forums. But I was always very eager to get back into the game again. This time I find the solution in the forum and I don't want to jump back in because the solutions are not very logical.

Mavism
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by Mavism on Nov 27, 11 1:57 PM
Do not like the morphing at all. I am also having trouble seeing the greatness in this game and find myself using the hints. Use the hints or just sit and stare at the screen that is the question. The worst game, bar none, that I ever purchased was a Mystery Case Files game and I am afraid to make the leap to buy this one. If you find that it does get better please post.

[Post New]by KerriBear on Nov 27, 11 4:50 PM
I am extremely disappointed with this game. I have enjoyed many MCF games over the years and have played them many times over. After a much anticipated wait for the newest MCF installation to be released, it was a huge let down. The changes make it seem like a whole new game. I don't understand why they didn't just come out with a new "stand alone" game instead of adding onto the MCF library. I enjoy the HOS and that is why MCF has been one of my favorites. When I heard about the morphing I was eager to try it, but after doing so I now know it is terrible. Staring at one spot on the screen and looking for morphing objects is not at all entertaining and annoying at times. I won't be wasting good money to upgrade from the free sample version. I am happy for those of you who enjoy the game but I do hope that MCF decides do away with morphing in the future.

[Post New]by tanis59 on Nov 27, 11 4:58 PM
Great game! Certainly not the easiest if you are a new gamer to this series. If you have followed the series since the original episode, then you should be pleased. It had a bit of everything with the puzzles and especially liked the butterfly one as it had memories of the early games.

SG was challenging but excellent once you get used to it and realize they aren't holding your hand thru this game.

The forums were set up great and answers were easy to find and pleased to see not a lot of whining going on and "chit chat".

Keep up the great work BFG and challenge us more

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Nov 28, 11 2:24 AM
I am about half way through, and I am really unsure about this game.I ,like many others, was really looking forward to this game.Dire grove was and still is my all time favourite game.There has been a lot mentioned about the morphing, and I love the morphers, if they are one as a bonus in a hog scene, love em..however, a whole scene of them just frustrates me into clicking like a lunatic.
It is dark , and we were well warned, so that really didn't bother me, but the story is a little , well silly.The hand holding in other games was boring, but the other extreme here is just annoying.I don't think i am particularly brilliant, nor do i feel I am dum as a cricket, but i have struggled.I have had to stop and go into the forum several times just to get through a part, ( the wire cutting almost had me in hysterics) the strategy guide, which has been mentioned many times by other fishies in the forum, i absolutely agree is lacking.I like the idea behind it, simplifying the SG, brilliant, but it was just plain hard to understand.
I will endeavor to complete it, but honestly as the moment I could easily pack it in and hit delete,

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 28, 11 2:25 AM
Good lord, I am woman in my early 30s and this game has given me nightmares! Truly, truly terrifying!

[Post New]by robsbird on Nov 28, 11 2:56 AM
Can anyone tell me how to cut the wires on the doll ? ... I am doing the colours of the dolls eyes but everytime i cut a wire the doll explodes and i have to start again no matter which wire I cut

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Nov 28, 11 3:48 AM
You have to be in sync. You only have a second or so - cut the red wire while the eyes are red etc.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Nov 28, 11 6:27 AM
robsbird wrote:Can anyone tell me how to cut the wires on the doll ? ... I am doing the colours of the dolls eyes but everytime i cut a wire the doll explodes and i have to start again no matter which wire I cut

SPOILER:

You have to cut the wires at the same time that the dolls eyes are that exact color. If you miss, the doll blows up.

[Post New]by stressedoutinde on Nov 28, 11 7:07 AM
First of all let me say that I am happy for all of you that have purchased and enjoyed this game. I, unfortunately am not in that group. I have all the other MCF games and I have played each one more than twice, so I was very excited to see this one. I did about 15 min. of the demo just to make sure it would play ok, which it did, then I bought it. So sorry I did, wish I had waited to read all the reviews and comments. The strategy guide is terrible, the morphing object scenes are horrible. I am 48 yo. my eyes aren't what they once were, I found that staring at the screen waiting to see something change had no enjoyment factor at all. Actually gave me a headache from the eye strain. Don't know where got the idea for that, but I hope they don't use it again, or at least not through a whole game, one or two scenes would be tolerable. The first four acts were of nice length, but act 5 & 6 were too short to even be called a whole act, even put together they took less time than 1/4 of any of the other 4 acts, imo. The fact that there is no bonus chapter is just WRONG!!!!!!! That is why a lot of us purchase the CE instead of waiting for the SE. I don't consider going through your journal looking for more morphing objects any kind of bonus.

I post almost never, this is only my 5th one, I have been a member for a long time. Bought my first BF game way back in '06. So needless to say I have played many games, but I was so dissapointed in this game I just had to say what I thought.

Go to: