bpurdum2
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

Re:Post any Natural Threat: Ominous Shores technical issues here only

[Post New]by bpurdum2 on Feb 27, 12 9:30 PM
I finished the game. I had to uninstall and then reinstall it. Either this corrected what was wrong the first time or when I reinstalled it they had put a fix in it. Either way I finally finished the game. Really enjoyed the game. Graphics were great and although a lot of jumping around it was fun.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Feb 27, 12 10:06 PM
Hi there,
Well I finally managed to complete this game after also having been frozen out by starting over with a new profile, though I have to admit that I exited the game at regular intervals after I reached the stage across the lily pads which threw me out the first time. The only thing I did differently otherwise was to keep all of the crystal flowers (except for the first one) in my inventory until I had them all.
I know this is not the desired solution, but maybe this will work for others of you who have had the same experience.
Cheers

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 28, 12 12:39 AM
hogluv wrote:Anybody get a real answer from BF about this problem? Hope they haven't run and hid on us. They should open a thread with a solution or tell us they are working on it.

Yes, I did. My post quoting the BF rep is on page 8 of this thread.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 28, 12 12:43 AM
kjos wrote:Does this just happen on win 7 or win xp to.

Not just Win 7; happens with Vista too

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Feb 28, 12 1:18 AM
Hi everyone,

We are aware of the issues with Natural Threat: Ominous Shores crashing and not retaining its data and are currently looking into a possible fix.

Please write in to Tech Support so we can take note of the trouble you're having and if possible please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request to help us figure out why this is happening.

Just to let you know, they can also offer assistance in regards to refunds or replacements.

Thank you for your patience!

bfgRhone

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Feb 28, 12 6:54 AM
CBear03 wrote:I purchased the game and have had the same issues as everyone else,however I was able to find a way to play the game w/out having to start over. I have been playing it from the program files by right clicking on the game icon and then opening the files .Go down the list to the purple flower icon right click again,run as administrator and play. Make sure to begin as a new player. I bypassed the game manager ( did this whenever I wanted to play) but this way I was able to start where I left off and I finished the game. I still cannot play the bonus. It's a great game I wish BFG would do something to fix this. I hope this helps someone.

I tried this and got past the place it crashed before. Carried on for a long time afterwards too, so I was thinking 'at last I can rescue everyone!' Got the first neutraliser, had to trudge back to beyond the bridge to place it (seems as though you have to do this every time, which is so not fun). Got as far as placing the second neutraliser when the game crashed again Went back in using your suggestion again and guess what?? Back to the beginning again

I am not playing this through again for the 3rd time, even if a fix is available. Sick to death of it now.

MaryEl
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by MaryEl on Feb 28, 12 8:53 AM
I played great up until Chapter 3. Then it kicked me out and the message I got was "NaturalThreat.EXE is not working". I did the uninstall and installed all over again. Same thing happened. Now when I hit PLAY I get to a screen but when I try to exit that screen I get kicked out. So it seems to be getting worse. Was really enjoying the game. Contacted the LiveChat, so we will see if a remake is in the works. Guess that is up to Developer. Oh well, maybe Thursday will bring us a good one!

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Feb 28, 12 11:50 AM
Waiting for a fix for the game crashing and progress lost too.
Just checking to see if a fix had posted yet...

[Post New]by ladydi41 on Feb 28, 12 12:06 PM
Same here I was dumped and then the magnifying glass will not reappear. this is also my third game with issues. I am getting grumpy. sent in a report as I always do and we will see what hapens
really liked the game, but lots of time wasted... more than usual

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Feb 28, 12 12:56 PM
Just thought I'd throw my hat into the ring with everyone else with the "stack dump" problem....*sigh* .

fishdawn
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by fishdawn on Feb 28, 12 1:16 PM
Are they working on a fix for this game? I was really enjoying it until I got kicked out. Had two "dump" files dumped on my desktop. Plus I noticed the game manager closed itself down before the game started. Never had that happen before. I refuse to start this game over until there's a fix. Why waste my time if it's only going to kick me out again.

lindimae
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by lindimae on Feb 28, 12 2:09 PM
I sent a Dr Felix report abot this game plus another and got a really nice tech.I could get a full refund or wait for a fix. I love the games so am going to wait and check into the forum to see when it will be.Hope it's soon, as don't want to buy anymore as the last couple of games i,ve had problems with.Ps. I started having trouble when the game manager changed, nothing before that. I understand there are so many different type of computers that there will be gliches.BUT WHY MINE!!!!! Waiting in anticipation.

blue13
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by blue13 on Feb 28, 12 2:43 PM
HAVE DOWNLOADED IT 4 TIMES STILL NO GOOD IT IS A CORRUPTED FILE PLEASE FIX IT WOULD LOVE TO FINISH IT

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Feb 28, 12 3:52 PM
I too received a very nice response from BF CS. They are working on a new version.
Hang in there fishies!

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 3:57:13 PM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Feb 28, 12 5:13 PM
I was at the very end of the game and shut it down for the next day. I went to post that I had finished the game and open it to play the last scene when it FROZE on me! I was at the very end of the game. ( I LOVE this game. And I'm so sad that it has tech problems. But I will be patient and wait for the fix. But please hurry...I'm enjoying this game and want to know what happend.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 5:14:21 PM PST

GraciesDD
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by GraciesDD on Feb 28, 12 6:42 PM
shadowfax44 wrote: Waiting for a fix for the game crashing and progress lost too.
Just checking to see if a fix had posted yet...

Same here!

[Post New]by mrpjaye on Feb 28, 12 6:44 PM
Game has frozen and crashed three times, each time I am forced to start over from the beginning. I am wondering if it is possible to finish this game.

mrpjaye

[Post New]by Coronagold on Feb 28, 12 8:05 PM
Even if they do fix it, I'm almost sure you'll have to play it again from the beginning...yet again. And then there's the matter of the Extra content that's permanently chained locked. Talk about a major screw-up. Yeesh.

Edited on 02/28/2012 at 8:06:34 PM PST

abcwxy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by abcwxy on Feb 28, 12 10:06 PM
Same problems here - Game freeze - Task Manager to get out, then ERROR don't worry you can restart from last action. Please send dump-callstack.dmp from desktop to developers. Thread 1 - Going back to re-launching game and although the menu loads up... press Play and game freezes - Task Manager to get out... ditto...

Have started from beginning and same thing again.

portulaca
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by portulaca on Feb 28, 12 11:15 PM
I was about to buy and then thought I would carry on with my trial - got 'dump files' and 'dump logs' - computer froze I had, had to reboot - not even purchased. It is very rarely that I have any problems with big fish games

Won't buy until sorted.

Go to: