Re:Post any Spooky Mall technical issues here only

[Post New]by Jody29 on Mar 13, 12 11:57 AM
Level 20 old man freezes. Can't finish level.
What the heck am I paying monthly and can't
play the damn game!

[Post New]by Weirdkitten on Mar 13, 12 2:24 PM
deneencle wrote:
PB2010 wrote:Level 20, Butchers - I think there is a glitch. Two older men come and one gets a question mark and at that point he stalls. The game continues with the other characters but he remains in place. I've tried about ten times to get passed it but no joy.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same issue exactly. Tried 4 times and he stalls each time. The level wont end. No way to go on.

Same thing here, getting quite annoying, I also have a person stalling on the other shops so i can't finish the game. Hope they bring a fix out

Edited on 03/13/2012 at 2:26:09 PM PST

[Post New]by inac1978 on Mar 13, 12 5:58 PM
Same glitch as the others, I am getting characters that freeze and I can't do anything it seems to be related to the appears to be when they approach the ? mark, I have to say I am disappointed, I purchased this game. I would really like for it to be fixed or that I be refunded.

[Post New]by cassandranewton on Mar 14, 12 11:16 AM
Stuck in the Butch shop! The shopper freezes and stays at one location on level twenty and then can not finish the level, because the game recognizes it still has a shopper in the store! I have to agree with the other post! I have been having more problems with BFG lately! I have been a member for many years, but think about ending my membership due to the increased bugs and glitches in the games.$6.99 is only a good deal if the game actually works correctly!

Edited on 03/14/2012 at 11:18:05 AM PST

[Post New]by LowtJa on Mar 15, 12 7:10 AM
I see the problem with level 20 has been going on for some time. Is there any update information available or do we just need to put it down to a purchase with limted usage? Just asking as I am not sure what is the average turnaround time for problems being identified and resolved.

[Post New]by Ms_Go_Getta on Mar 15, 12 12:37 PM
deneencle wrote:
PB2010 wrote:Level 20, Butchers - I think there is a glitch. Two older men come and one gets a question mark and at that point he stalls. The game continues with the other characters but he remains in place. I've tried about ten times to get passed it but no joy.

Anyone else having this problem?

I am having the same issue exactly. I have played this level at least 30 times and it continues to get stuck and i can't finish the level with this happening.

[Post New]by tyler34 on Mar 15, 12 7:01 PM
can't get past level 20 woman won't answer question. I hope i can get my money back if this can't be fixed. I love the game but can't play.

[Post New]by HappyFaery on Mar 15, 12 9:26 PM
There's a glitch in the Butcher's shop level 20.
Towards the end of the level an old man with a question mark above his head stops at the turkey stall and freezes. He doesn't move but everyone else does and the level won't finish.

I've tried restarting the level numerous times and I've tried exiting and restarting the entire game.

Is there a patch or has the glitch been fixed?

[Post New]by lynnediane on Mar 16, 12 3:49 AM
HI

I have technical issues too on several levels. I have tried reinstalling but the same issues arise.

Is a fixed version going to be made available?

blackbirdess
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by blackbirdess on Mar 16, 12 10:48 AM
LowtJa wrote:I see the problem with level 20 has been going on for some time. Is there any update information available or do we just need to put it down to a purchase with limted usage? Just asking as I am not sure what is the average turnaround time for problems being identified and resolved.

I second this, I'm happy to be patient and wait as I love the game, but I wouldn't mind an update

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Mar 16, 12 4:59 PM
Hi fishies,

I'm afraid we don't have any updates yet for the freezing issues that have been reported, but please be assured that we are still working on getting these resolved.

In the meantime, here's how one player got past the Butcher's Shop in Level 20:

I did find a way to get out of level 20, in the Butcher's Shop. Don't purchase the "automatic help system" for the chicken. I replayed the game, and didn't purchase that, and got through it.

Thank you all for your continued patience, and we'll be sure to let you know if we receive any updates.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

tracyestes
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by tracyestes on Mar 16, 12 8:01 PM
new2vabch wrote:Stuck on the Butchers Market Level 20 its in the last few minutes a man gets stuck when he is trying to look at the description on Turkey and i cant go any further. Please help the game is really great with a few of the same glitches here and there but now I am really stuck and cant go anyfurther. I purchased the game and now it wont work.
Same thing happened to me too. I'm running windows 7 on a brand new dell xps 900

[Post New]by lwanekcrafts on Mar 17, 12 7:10 PM
I have the same problem here and in the fish market level 8 a person is freezing....
EWK24 wrote:Just happened to me too. Level 20- butcher shop.

annbrizer
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by annbrizer on Mar 18, 12 8:22 AM
game freezes alot and loads between levels take forever. ever since I bought the game my computer runs wicked slow. game doesn't exit out right either have to hit alt/cont/delete alot.

[Post New]by talley5555 on Mar 18, 12 8:46 AM
Same glitches here as all the others. Characters in the games get to certain points and you respond to them, but they don't move on from there. Stuck in a level and can't go further. I have a long history and a lot of games invested in BigFish. I've been having some pretty poor gaming experiences lately. Also, during a recent technical problem tech support's advice was to turn off my entire security system and play without it. Something has changed and its really affecting the entire company. I'm concerned that we may be losing BigFish. That would be a shame because it was an awesome organization.

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Mar 18, 12 10:26 PM
The help pages were no help. I uninstalled this game, and reinstalled it, and it still gets stuck on level 17 with a person with a question at the bread stand!!!!! I want my money back! This is ridiculous!

interpdeb
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by interpdeb on Mar 19, 12 7:13 AM
butchers level 20 old woman stuck at chicken and i can't move on.
not happy!!

Minuet888
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by Minuet888 on Mar 19, 12 2:54 PM
bfgCimarron wrote:Hi Everyone,

It sounds like some levels are giving you trouble progressing in certain levels. One thing to try if this happens is try exiting and restarting the game, and that has been working for some.

If that doesn't do the trick I'd try <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=492">uninstalling and reinstalling</a> the game (if you click the blue text this will take you to more information on how to do that). This won't lose your place in the game but it can help make sure all the files are in place.

And of course we definitely want to start keeping track of this so if you're still having trouble I would get in touch with our <a href="http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page">Tech Support</a> team with a <a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1688">Dr. Felix</a> and this will help us keep better track of the issue.

Thank you!

bfgCimarron

So let me get this straight, we all have the same exact problem and WE all have to contact tech support as if it is an issue with us? Uh no, if we are all having the same issue then this is a game issue, not a user issue.
Do not tell me to go out of the game and go back in, did that still stuck at level 20, do not tell me to uninstall and reinstall the game which I have also done, this is so obviously not a user issue, it is very obviously a game issue and I do not know why it isn't being treated as such. Such major glitches as this should have been handledbefore this game was ever put out, doing anything less in clearly unprofessional.

Post any Spooky Mall technical issues here only

[Post New]by candleburner on Mar 20, 12 1:15 PM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

[Post New]by candleburner on Mar 20, 12 1:19 PM
i cannot believe that you have a problem with a game and you direct people to a website that wants $30.00 to correct it. "Just Ask" website is a scam that only wants money. If you made this game or from the owners of it, then you should be the ones to correct the problems and not have to send customers away to other sites that charge you. I used them in the past for a car issue and did not get any answers that would correct the problem, but they sure did keep the money and refused to refund.

FIX THE GAMES YOU MAKE FOR YOUR CUSTOMERS.

Go to: