OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

Re:Hints and Tips Available For Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin'

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 2, 15 6:51 AM
Sure, sorry to be the one with the bad news. Remember use up all the loose resources because those will absolutely be lost. I would suggest playing the mini-games for the collectibles you will need to rebuild. Also collectibles that are doing well in the auction, you can sell to restock coins. I am going to send along the spreadsheet link so you will have all those items at your finger tips.

I have had a new game since Nov 1 and am at level 42 or so and have not had to scramble much at all. It is surprising how quickly it goes when you know what you are doing.

It has been suggested by Tsue that a player should not play the quests in the order they appear in the queue but rather when a quest appears scroll down and see what the next one is in that series.

Just remember, once you have a found item **** you can not close your game down till it is used******. Better to leave the quest sitting till you can do all the bits that come along with it.

My personal top tip - make sure you are logged onto the server before closing game. Check that you can access the auction, send a message, or throw keys. These are the only indicator we have that we are logged on to the server. Otherwise, one is apt to lose progress made, upgrades, collectibles won.

Edited on 12/02/2015 at 6:53:27 AM PST

SaphireH
Minnow
Minnow
212 Posts

[Post New]by SaphireH on Dec 13, 15 12:10 AM
OddlyEnuh wrote:Yanno those pesky daily quests where we are asking to "give" our lovely resources for a star and 100 coin? Try this as an alternative way to fulfill that type of quest:

Jillian's Daily http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/40/469778.page

It has been suggested that hitting the SKIP button is the way to go, I have not personally tested this yet.

Seen several posts about this, here and there. Jillian showed up, wanting stuff, this morning. So I did hit skip on each thing. Shows that skips use gold, but it didn't and I got the reward. Noticed you can skip the puzzles that give fuel, awhile back, without it taking gold. Great time saver. Not sure if that applies to the first time on each puzzle.

[Post New]by charly09011953 on Dec 26, 15 12:18 AM
yesill wrote:"this rare album is not meant to be handled by my hands.I'll need gloves"
Margaret's house-atlanta,georgia

can't find gloves on screen,what can ? do ?
thanks

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 26, 15 7:24 AM
Go look under the Helpful Hints folder at the top of the forum - you will find a clickable link for No white gloves for Margaret's House??

Read the first page and the last two.... all your answers are there.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 26, 15 7:37 AM
Re: set up the airplane quest
[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 10, 15 3:52 PM

You can read the following thread: Remote control for airplane engine quest http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/0/339386.page

For those that can't figure out how to get the quest:
How to Get Plane Quests
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/373348.page

Also all the quests starting with Fixing the Plane are written about in:
Plane, AES Door, World Cities, Blue Prints & Mini Scenes--- GUIDE
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/344199.page

[Post New]by millerlinda on Dec 26, 15 10:28 AM
where do u get the dirty gloves for margrets house

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Dec 27, 15 9:32 AM
The Gloves are discussed in earlier pages in this thread. Also available over and over in the threads below. You can always do an Advanced Forum Search -------> to find answers for your questions.

Other threads on the topic are
No white gloves for Margaret's House??
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/20/348276.page

Dirty gloves?
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/280308.page

If you have the quest to open the album and no gloves there is no getting them back. Only recourse you have, if you think you will continue to play the game, is to restart the game.

Read this thread about who to restart and keep your coins, gold, collectibles...... There is no guarantee it will work and the steps have to be followed to the T:
http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/538871.page

Turn on game, log in
Disconnect from internet
Hit NEW GAME under the gear on top right side of main screen.
Play a few of the quests
Reconnect to the internet

You will lose all building supplies, inventory items, upgrades, and resources

THERE IS NOT GUARANTEE this will work but several others report it works. If steps are not followed exactly it will not work and you will lose the coin, gold, and collectibles.

Edited on 12/27/2015 at 9:34:51 AM PST

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jan 2, 16 2:33 AM
There are "found" object that show up in unexpected scenes - generally, these are the last items you had to find up through the Fixing the Plane quest. These will appear when you open one of the mini-screens in Secret Library in Washington, Guo Antiques in California, and Flower Shop in Wyoming.

There are a glitch in the game and should be ignored, there is no place to use them, as you already have done so.

[Post New]by annettestar on Jul 20, 16 3:05 PM
SylvAnn57 wrote:What is the purpose of the dirty gloves that appear in the upper left corner from time to time???

Thanks, BattyKat
I have no idea because ive seen them to open up the photo album but when I went to margrets house the gloves disappeared and a friend told me ill have to rstart the whole game over if I found the gloves before I opened margrets house I was hoping for a answer

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Jul 24, 16 3:23 AM
Your friend would be right, as the myriad of postings indicate.

Dirk_Tee
Clownfish
Clownfish
556 Posts

[Post New]by Dirk_Tee on Jul 25, 16 3:48 AM
annettestar wrote:
SylvAnn57 wrote:What is the purpose of the dirty gloves that appear in the upper left corner from time to time???

Thanks, BattyKat
I have no idea because ive seen them to open up the photo album but when I went to margrets house the gloves disappeared and a friend told me ill have to rstart the whole game over if I found the gloves before I opened margrets house I was hoping for a answer

Detailed instructions for a restart are in this post:

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180/348276.page#6455703

copy the entire link and paste it in the address bar of your browser.

[Post New]by hansderkanns69 on Oct 12, 16 6:13 AM
I found the itme to unlock the house inside the doll shop but when I went in the doll shop the item was not there anymore could you please tell me how I can find it again

GulfCoastGuppy
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,963 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Oct 12, 16 12:06 PM
Hansderkanns69 if it is the magnifying glass, you can try the bar in Chicago, IL and see if you can get it again. If you do, make sure you have enough energy to go IMMEDIATELY to SD to open the doll house...and don't close your game until you use it.

This is a glitch and if you are asked to find a tool and use it to open something else, you must do so without closing the game.

Welcome back to the forum...and may I suggest clicking on "New Discussion" if you have any more questions. The "Welcome" thread is a big pond and we fishies and our questions get lost up here!

[Post New]by knueve2 on Oct 19, 16 8:21 AM
AuntieWa wrote:I am very frustrated & am ready to walk away from the game. In reading the tips thread I have discovered that should opened " aunt margart's house" using gold in order to get the neccessary white gloves but have uninstalled/reinstalled my game once & it reinstalled in the exact same place I was in when I uninstalled. Need a suggestion as to how to restart my game. Also, there are several mini games quests that I do not have access to either,1 is in the toy store & one is in stamp shop. Is this something I need to correct by starting my game over? Please someone give me some advice.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Oct 20, 16 4:26 AM
The gloves and the magnifying glass are only the beginning of things that can make you go sideways in this game. All have been written about extensively within the forum and some searches, within this thread alone will reveal all.

It is my opinion that this is not the game for people that are not detail oriented. There are too many things that need to be focused on and, at the very least, quests need read and considered before launching into them. Of course this is the allure of the game for so many but it is also a source of frustration for others. This is no Gummy Drop which is a no think game. That is okay too. There are different types of games that appeal to different people.

Now to the quote that was most recently reiterated. 1) Uninstall/Reinstall is not the same as REstarting the game and yes, it puts you right back where you were, 2) It is not necessary to open GA with gold, I seriously doubt there has ever been a thread that did not also mention just playing up to level 32 for it to open for free, 3) All the mini-games open in the towns when upgrades have been made to the buildings and quest to do so have been received. You can click on the game to see what the requirement is to open it.

Edited on 10/20/2016 at 4:30:30 AM PST

[Post New]by nightinggale22 on Nov 5, 16 10:06 AM
I have played this type of game before. But this time I cannot get past to the game itself.
I think it would be a much better game IF some adjustments were made.
The game should have two modes of playing one regular and one JUST the buying and SELLING. I don't want to worry about fixing up a shop or choosing rugs and counters and display cases. The same holds true for other games set up this way. I want to sometimes SKIP the story line and SKIP buying fountains and couches and fireplaces. I love the scenery and the set up of the HIDDEN OBJECT games. BUT that is mainly all I want to do is FIND hidden Objects. I want the game to be
FAR AWAY from reality. Not worrying about repairs and remodels and the COST of
continuing the game till your time runs out.
I STOPPED playing Candy Crush Saga for this reason. Some of the boosters didn't work and they wanted money for them and others.
I love GAMES but cannot afford to PAY to PLAY nor do I desire to.

OddlyEnuh
Stingray
Stingray
4,982 Posts

[Post New]by OddlyEnuh on Nov 5, 16 6:22 PM
You can play the game for just the HO and the auction. You can avoid the auction. You can skip fixing things up. You can do all the things you say you like the best.

I am not sure what your post has to do with Hints and Tips but here is a hint - many many people have played this game to the max without spending a cent. Course, unless you play all the quests (including fixing buildings) you will hobble yourself to complete the whole game but hey, you only want to play the HO and the auction so it's all good.

This remains my all time favorite game - so much to do for such a long time. Not a no brainer like CandyCrush or Dummy Grop.

Go to: