Teazl
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Here Only!!

[Post New]by Teazl on Jan 3, 14 1:47 AM
Big Fish - this is an absolute disgrace. Both versions of this game (standard and CE) are still available to buy as I type, despite this issue being known for more than a week. No fault warning has been posted on the site and no compensation has been offered for those who have purchased the game.

I am a long-term member, with multiple games purchased, but what with this and the increase in games with no walk-through being issued, I am seriously considering cancelling my membership.

Very Disappointed.

Tabbitha53
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Post Your Technical Problems For Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers Here Only!!

[Post New]by Tabbitha53 on Jan 3, 14 3:22 AM
crlmtly wrote:No I didn't buy it, it's just when I got to the Mirror the Demo ended, and said END OF DEMO, unlike everybody else that got the error message's.

Maybe that is what the problem IS,lol.Perhaps it is the end of the demo, and the error is the game not ending

[Post New]by scobie68 on Jan 3, 14 3:54 AM
i bought this game an same as everyone else it freezes at the mirror im very disapointed i cant play it and its been a week i will be looking elsewere for my games me thinks there is no mention of any compensation we buy in good faith and bang they dont work

[Post New]by Aurura on Jan 3, 14 9:01 AM
I'm having the same access error problem, with the mirror. I have uninstalled and re-installed and its the same. Any help appreciated :/

[Post New]by LadyJez on Jan 3, 14 9:20 AM
ditto to the same problems that others are having. game crashed when the stone is put in the mirror. waiting to get a fix to the program. I installed and reinstalled and nothing happens. Why is it taking so long to fix, did it not go through a beta stage?

p7284
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by p7284 on Jan 3, 14 9:53 AM
Is the problem with the mirror going to be fixed. I would like to finish this game. I am very disappointed as I have over 100 games on my computer

[Post New]by bendeewendee on Jan 3, 14 11:52 AM
My friend has the CE version and has now passed the mirror portion. I guess it's sporadic since I've read that others with the CE version are having the same issue?

Deb_S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Technical Problems For Haunted Halls: Nightmare Dwellers

[Post New]by Deb_S on Jan 3, 14 12:51 PM
At least you guys can get in!!!,,, i have noticed that lately about 20% of the games i down load and try open to black screens.. i get audio but no visual... this is yet another of the games i can only listen to!.. i have asked for help in the past.. only to be ignored... seems some games are fine.. some not!.. getting tiored of all the glitches here...

[Post New]by westierock on Jan 3, 14 3:02 PM
Here is another "dissatisfied customer" Same problem, (access violation) same place ( 3 jeweled door) After reading everyone's comments I will wait for the fix rather than go through all the trouble of reinstalling and replaying only to have the same thing happen. Come on Tech support. This a good game and I would like to finish it rather than getting a refund.

bfgWendwater
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,911 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWendwater on Jan 3, 14 3:27 PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm just dropping in to let you know that the issue has been escalated to the developer and I assure you they are hard at work on a fix for the Access Violation error. We will definitely post in the forums as soon as we hear that a patch has been released.

I greatly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your patience while the developer gets this resolved.

bfgWendwater

[Post New]by randomz8814 on Jan 3, 14 4:02 PM
Add me to the list. Same Error code: Access Violation as soon as I put all three gems into the mirror.

I thought it might be my computer but re-installed and still the same. I noticed that this started being reported around Christmas, almost a week ago and still no update or warning about buying a know defected game.

Stats:
OS- Windows 8
Edition- Standard Game
Purchased - 1-1-2014

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jan 3, 14 5:11 PM
bfgWendwater wrote:Hey Everyone,

I'm just dropping in to let you know that the issue has been escalated to the developer and I assure you they are hard at work on a fix for the Access Violation error. We will definitely post in the forums as soon as we hear that a patch has been released.

I greatly apologize for the inconvenience and thank you very much for your patience while the developer gets this resolved.

bfgWendwater

Thanks for the update, Wendwater. We were beginning to feel very neglected.
Been checking every morning and evening for over a week now.

mlc9
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by mlc9 on Jan 3, 14 7:16 PM
same problem as everyone else my game freezes at the mirror. Please send us a fix!

[Post New]by Marlaine77 on Jan 4, 14 6:50 AM
There is an access violation when I try to enter the mirror with the three gems. I bought the game and it doesn't work!

[Post New]by zelzah58 on Jan 4, 14 7:58 AM
I am having the same problem at the gem screen. I get the error message, has there been a fix for it yet?

[Post New]by turkishdebs on Jan 4, 14 11:03 AM
Add me to the list as well - using Windows 8. Tried the uninstall and reinstall twice thinking it was my fault but obviously not from the comments on here.

[Post New]by venus4267 on Jan 4, 14 11:07 AM
Thanks for the reply Wendwater,

I am still waiting for a reply to my email to Big Fish (separate to this thread).

An apology is a start but I truly feel in this case that Big Fish owes it to the many people who spent their credit on this game and have been unable to play it for over a week to give them another credit (or a code for the Collectors Edition) at least! I can only afford 1 credit each month and it is a long wait in between. I (along with others on this thread) feel that it is unacceptable to continue to sell the game whilst it still has errors!

I have been a customer for many years now and feel very let down in the slow way this is being dealt with. I am considering cancelling my membership as I do not feel that you value your customers.

[Post New]by Nanny_64 on Jan 4, 14 11:08 AM
I'm also having the same problem as everyone, freezing at the mirror and can't go any further with the game. Has there been a fix to this that I'm not aware of?

tedebear
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by tedebear on Jan 4, 14 11:11 AM
Adding my name to the list; same problem with the gems.

barbyhart1
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by barbyhart1 on Jan 4, 14 11:24 AM
I agree!

venus4267 wrote:Thanks for the reply Wendwater,

I am still waiting for a reply to my email to Big Fish (separate to this thread).

An apology is a start but I truly feel in this case that Big Fish owes it to the many people who spent their credit on this game and have been unable to play it for over a week to give them another credit (or a code for the Collectors Edition) at least! I can only afford 1 credit each month and it is a long wait in between. I (along with others on this thread) feel that it is unacceptable to continue to sell the game whilst it still has errors!

I have been a customer for many years now and feel very let down in the slow way this is being dealt with. I am considering cancelling my membership as I do not feel that you value your customers.

Go to: