Re:Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by savasea on Nov 7, 11 5:48 AM
O_O does anyone know when u get ZEN garden? my friend has it and i really look forward to it! Thanks~

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 7, 11 11:06 AM
savasea: completing the Adventure Mode level 5-4

[Post New]by savasea on Nov 7, 11 6:12 PM
lordkalvan wrote:savasea: completing the Adventure Mode level 5-4

thank u vry much!!!!! appreciate the advice!

[Post New]by savasea on Nov 7, 11 6:14 PM
can someone tell me how to get seeds in ZEN garden? because i can only get marygolds, and my friend has like fire stumps and tall-nuts and mushrooms! how to u get the tall nut seeds?
Thanks~

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Nov 9, 11 1:56 AM
Savasea: it is best if you ask questions in another thread. Some people will consider the answers as spoilers, so we don't want to give them in this thread.

To get plants other than the marigolds, you just play the other parts of the game, particularly adventure mode and survival mode. Every once in a while when a zombie dies you can get a plant for your zen garden (if you click on it before it vanishes).

[Post New]by savasea on Nov 13, 11 7:16 AM
lordkalvan wrote:Savasea: it is best if you ask questions in another thread. Some people will consider the answers as spoilers, so we don't want to give them in this thread.

To get plants other than the marigolds, you just play the other parts of the game, particularly adventure mode and survival mode. Every once in a while when a zombie dies you can get a plant for your zen garden (if you click on it before it vanishes).

i rlly dont wanna spoil this but im getting like, a ton of choclate :| no plants :|

[Post New]by KathimacUNIVERA on Nov 13, 11 7:43 AM
why does this game crash so much? I really love it and play it a lot but 3 times now it has crashed, putting my computer in to safe mode and leaving me having to start over. I make it a point to "quit" and not just "x" out, thinking that is what caused the first 2 crashes, but it crashed last night after I "quit." I know others have this problem bc I found out what to do in forums. Any ideas on how to stop this from happening? I'm tired of building the plant garden back up - some of them are hard to get/find.

[Post New]by erikajean on Nov 23, 11 9:42 AM
I need help getting past the level on the roof. The screen turns white and nothing else happens.

[Post New]by Pika747 on Dec 11, 11 3:55 AM
Love the game is there going to be a plants vs Zombies 2 ?

Welcome to Plants vs. Zombies forum

[Post New]by JerryMuzu on Dec 16, 11 4:13 AM
Hey everybody,
Have you seen Crazy Dave's musical debut Wabby Wabbo?
It's hilarious.
Just watching it now on Muzu.tv http://www.muzu.tv
Thought I'd share with you guys, just follow this link. <3
http://www.muzu.tv/us/crazydave/wabby-wabbo-music-video/1242346/

orochick
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Things that worked for me

[Post New]by orochick on Jan 5, 12 2:34 PM
At first I thought this was a simple kid's game, but have found out there is soooo much more. I have spent hours on this game and am still addicted. I have been thru the Adventure levels several times and thought I would share what's worked for me.
I always plant 2 columns of sunflowers (on the far left). I plant 2 flowers before the 1st. zombie shows up, then buy & plant a plant to kill him (plant cost $100 - 115). Then a sunflower and alternate untill 2 column of sunflowers and a shotter in every row. (Make sure to have a squash on hand in case the zombie gets too close to your shooter.) If you're far enough along to have bought (from Dave's shop), the twin sunflowers, use them they will give you much more sun than the regular sunflower and you can afford to use more expensive and deadlier plants. I found one of the best items in Dave's shop is the cob cannon. Love this item - you can really obiterate a lot of zombies at once with this. It's expensive to use (500), but if you use the twin sunflowers, it's not hard to get.

Zen Garden - I cringe when I read posts that people are selling their zen garden plants. Not only are you not going to the the Morticulturalist award, but they are worth a lot more in coins than what Dave pays you for them. Let me back up - there are 2 ways to get plants. 1) You can buy marigolds from Dave's shop 2) Zen plants are awarded on different Adventure, Mini-game and survival levels. If you hear a tone and see a little red gift-wrapped box appear, make sure you grab it (it will go away if you don't click on it) - it is a zen plant. These are a different variety than in the shop: mushrooms, water plants, and the other plants you use in the game (ie. peashooters, walnuts, etc).
The reason you want to collect them is that when you get quite a few, they really pay off in coins (so you can buy upgrades and other items from Dave). For example, I have all the plants (my zen garden is full) and this morning I started out with 300+ in coins. After I watered them, fed them fertilizer, bug spray and gave them music, they start dropping coins. I also have the little snail (can't remember his name) that helps collect coins, but at the beginning the coins drop so quickly that he can't keep up, so I click on the 1st 300-400 coins myself, then feed the snail his chocolate (you get chocolate playing the different levels after you buy the snail), leave the computer on and go do something else. Spoiler: 1 piece of chocolate wil

orochick
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Things that worked for me (cont)

[Post New]by orochick on Jan 5, 12 2:47 PM
(sorry - ran out of room)
Anyway, the chocolate keeps him going for 1 hour. So, today, I fed him 1 piece and after an hour came back and fed him another. So, between him going 2 hours and the 400 coins I collected myself, my end total was over $64,000. And you can do this every day. This is why keeping the plants is a lot more valuable than selling them.

If you get stuck on a level, you need to go to UTube and check out LordKalvanMidnight. He has done a lot of very extensive work on how to beat the levels. I don't think I would have ever made it thru the bobsled mini-game without his help. Thank you Lord Kalvan! (However, instead of the money plants (cause I have the Zen garden) I went for over kill and used the cat tails instead)
Anyway, give this game a chance - there's a lot to do. I'm now going for all the awards and only have a couple left. Not sure what the Nobel Peas Prize is but assume you get that once you beat all the mini-games etc. and win all the awards.

Hope my long-winded advice helps some of you. I'm sure there may be better ways of doing some things (you can step in here Lord Kalvan), but these are what is working for me.
Have fun - it's a great game!

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by paula3522 on Jan 26, 12 4:24 PM
Gwennoel wrote:I'm using all these, but can't use the ice plants on this level, they are " sleeping ' , it starts out with 3 rows, & by the time I get them built up, the horde of zombies comes, & one gets thru........this is the hardest level, so far..........

If you use night plants like the mushrooms and the puff mushrooms you have to wake them up with a coffee bean. The puff mushrooms do a lot of damage.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Gwennoel wrote:I'm using all these, but can't use the ice plants on this level, they are " sleeping ' , it starts out with 3 rows, & by the time I get them built up, the horde of zombies comes, & one gets thru........this is the hardest level, so far..........

If you use night plants like the mushrooms and the puff mushrooms you have to wake them up with a coffee bean. The puff mushrooms do a lot of damage.

paula3522
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by KARRAK on Feb 23, 12 5:33 PM
When I click on Plants vs. Zombies it says "File too short" and won't open. I tried deleting it (and yes losing everything!) and reloading it, but now it won't even download from Mozilla. I downloaded it from Explorer, but with the same result: "file too short". Anyone else have this problem?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Feb 25, 12 9:34 AM
KARRAK:
bfgRhone wrote:Hi schmittzophrenic,

If you are experiencing the same trouble with this game, I recommend taking bfgCimarron's advice and take a look at the below help article:

<a href="http://www.bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=1620">File Too Short Error - Plants vs. Zombies </a>

If those problems continue to persist, please feel free to get in touch with our <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/144284.page>Tech Support</a> and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Thanks!

bfgRhone

[Post New]by LenoreRose on Mar 13, 12 2:09 PM
How do you destroy the Gargantuan???

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Mar 13, 12 6:05 PM
LenoreRose wrote:How do you destroy the Gargantuan???

Two of any of these will do the trick: cherry, chili, squash. Normal defenses can hurt him enough that he throws the imp if given enough time to do it - at that time use chili, which finishes off Gargantuan and also the thrown imp.

Hoops3546
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Hoops3546 on Mar 29, 12 5:25 PM
I'm stuck on level Adventure 3-4 for the second time! Can anyone help?

Go to: