Re:An appeal to reconsider the AW decision

[Post New]by Sachib on Jul 19, 15 3:56 AM
Wolverine62 I agree with your sentiment and if it was finished then I wouldn't mind spending the money but there isn't even a hint that either BFG or BZ will make an update. Essentially I am hoping that if we all do ask for a refund then it will spur them to bring out an update.
Intentionally marketing something and continuing to take revenue from it even though it is a dud is fraud and BFG and BZ have got to take that on board.

spidy5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by spidy5 on Jul 20, 15 7:49 PM
I'm just trying to keep this thread higher up on the page so that those that want to comment can find it.

[Post New]by 3roses4nana on Jul 20, 15 10:40 PM
Could you please explain why you discontinued the game? Does this belong to Big Fish or is it the property of another company? If there is a feud going on somewhere, please step back and work it out so the AK fans can get their game back. Please don't ignore us and don't give us excuses like the decision was wasn't made casually and the whys can't be discussed any further. Consider how we feel and come up a compromise. We shouldn't be punished because of a disagreement between Big Fish and the game developer.
It's sad that so many people purchased items to enhance their chances of entering a higher level and then all of sudden, everything stops.The items were just virtual but the money was real. They are being cheated because they are unable to go further. I didn't purchase anything but I would be willing to purchase the whole game if it were completed. This is a very good game, and it kept me on the edge of my seat each time I played it.
I also feel that the game shouldn't be allowing people to purchase the virtual items if it's not going to get them anywhere. The store should be closed and other alternatives should be available for the gamers by completing certain tasks or going up a level. The crystals are the hardest to get. Instead of coins and stars on daily bonus, give out crystals. I feel that the store should be closed entirely. You shouldn't get rewarded for an incomplete game.

moogie59
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by moogie59 on Jul 21, 15 3:07 PM
I agree with everything that has been said but unfortunatley COMMUNICATION is low on BF's priorities they just keep giving us the run around,The customer no longer matters which is quite sad.

[Post New]by Amyjoken on Jul 23, 15 5:49 AM
I have very much enjoyed this game, and I'm very sad that you've decided not to update. I would happily pay for a finished game. I would also like to understand why it was discontinued.

[Post New]by Sensibility on Jul 24, 15 7:18 AM
Please reconsider !!!
It's such a shame to ignore so many players and such a great game.

[Post New]by Chrysm on Jul 26, 15 5:24 PM
3roses4nana,

I am sure many feel the same way you do, myself included

To answer one of your questions, Big Fish is the distributor for the game, but it also holds all the rights to AK and all the other Awakening games

The developer of the Awakening series is Boomzap, and they do not have any control over what goes on

It is obvious that if we want to see this game finished, we must aim all requests at BF, since they hold the rights. Based on an earlier chat I had with BZ mod Monika, I then put forth a suggestion which I will repeat here:

I ask fans to join with me in imploring to BF, not just to continue the updates to AK, but also to consider handing the rights to the Awakening series over to BZ. They were ready to keep on updating, but for some still-unknown reason, BF did not wish it. If BZ had the rights, then they can finish the game updates at their leisure, and distribute it themselves.

Sure, I do not know the legal process that it would take to do this. But this game is more than worth it. This game deserves to be completed. This game deserves a proper finish. We do not know what all had been discussed when this decision was made. We still do not know why the decision was made. But if money is all that matters to them, then they do not deserve us as customers and supporters, because that is not why I became a member here

If BF can find it in their hearts to see what this game really means to us, then I know they will find a way to make this happen. But only if we continue asking that they do it

Edited on 07/26/2015 at 5:28:19 PM PST

madrabbit
Guppy
Guppy
184 Posts

[Post New]by madrabbit on Jul 27, 15 5:12 AM
I agree with Chrysm Wholeheartedly They need to sell the Rights to someone who will finish this Wonderful game if They will Not it would Restore most of our faith in this company if they can take our request Seriously and get the game back to US ALL

spidy5
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by spidy5 on Jul 28, 15 8:50 AM
I have read in Big Fish's jobs list they are looking for a production person for their Triton Studios, to work on f2p games so maybe all hope is not lost.

[Post New]by rexplorer on Jul 29, 15 3:03 PM
As a senior I have found this game ( Awaking Kingdom) to be of a mentally stimulating one on par with many on the market today. Since mind stimulation games/tasks have been accredited to delay dementia and Alzheimer's Disease in the elderly, I am sure that many Seniors would agree with me.
Since many of us would like to think back on happy times, yes, even wish to build a happy happy place somewhere, Building This kingdom with all its wonders and rewards has give many happy and relaxing hours. A great credit to the designers.
I am in full agreement with many of the proposals presented by the many others players..
If any seniors out there who also have enjoyed Awaking Kingdom, and have not expressed their opinions - I urge you to do so.

flakey1
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by flakey1 on Jul 29, 15 11:48 PM
I discovered this game a short while ago, and the decision to abandon any further updates had already been made.

But I gave it a go and oh boy am I hooked!

There are few FTP games that have held my fascination, addiction and sheer pleasure but this is one of them.

I'm not rushing to complete this one, not much point as when it's over, it's over. But I am thoroughly enjoying the graphics, the storyline, just pretty much everything about the game.

Attie_1234
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by Attie_1234 on Jul 30, 15 5:12 PM
This has been such an enjoyable game. I am so utterly disappointed not only in BF but also the developers/creators that they didn't finish it. It is such a waste to leave it hanging. Shame on all who have let us fans down! Complete this game and keep making the money from it because there are many more people who discover it each day and they have no idea that there is no ending. Either complete or put a disclosure that it is an unfinished game!

[Post New]by erthgoddss on Jul 31, 15 3:46 PM
How to I go about asking for a complete refund on this game? I had no problem paying for things to get me further along in the game, however if the powers that be have decided to end the game without it being finished... I find it reprehensible.

I feel that I had purchased a service. If that service is not completed... I should be eligible for a complete refund.

Thanks

[Post New]by isis65 on Aug 3, 15 10:09 AM
so sorry that you have ended this game.i really love it please finish the game otherwise i will finish with you.this is the best game you do

rosehill50
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by rosehill50 on Aug 4, 15 1:01 AM
has any notice been taken of this appeal? It should be clear to BF by now that there are a lot of fans that care about AK

[Post New]by caleonard on Aug 4, 15 8:43 AM
I would like to know what it would take to create one last update to finish the game. I would like specifics, i.e. xx number of player/sponsors willing to pay xx number of dollars. Is the cost for a last update so high that the players currently complaining could not possibly pay a reasonable price for it?

I accept that no one is willing to tell us the real reason for ending the game without a conclusion. Although I find it irritating and it makes me assume the answer is self-serving and would put both companies in a bad light. No one wants to air dirty laundry. So let's stop asking why. We can all probably imagine really reprehensible scenarios all on our own, but I am trying not to do that.

Is the conclusion of the game worth a Kickstarter effort? Would anyone sponsor such a thing?

[Post New]by cengel on Aug 5, 15 6:05 AM
This is why I decided to stop by BFG monthly membership. I am sure I am not alone. This really torqued off a lot of people. BAD, BAD decision!!!

west644
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by west644 on Aug 6, 15 10:12 AM
I have already placed here, and in other places, my appeal to continue with update/s for AW. I have been away for several weeks and have not logged in to the forum for some time, so today, out of curiosity, I checked in to see if the appeal to continue with AW had slipped out of sight and if other AW queries had taken over. I am very happy to see that this is not the case. Those of us who have been cheated over a satisfactory conclusion are still as vocal as ever and are dominating the AW forum. Well done! Maybe, just maybe, AW will be "re-awakened" (groan!).

[Post New]by striver56 on Aug 7, 15 3:34 AM
I would also just like to remind BF that this issue is not forgotten and they have angered many of their users.

I still go into the game every day and tinker around but with an overshadowing sense of sadness. I am a 65 year old pensioner and both I and my 5 year old granddaughter love this game, she is as disappointed as I am.

I genuinely believe that this game, more than any other, helps to keep my mind sharp and, at the other end of the scale, builds my granddaughter's vocabulary and knowledge with all the more unusual items in the HO games.

What a waste of the BZ programmers time to date in not allowing BZ or someone else to take over the rights and, if necessary, having future updates on a paid for basis.

I sincerely hope that we do not allow this issue to just fade away. We have been misled and are very unhappy about it.

Edited on 08/07/2015 at 3:35:34 AM PST

[Post New]by isis65 on Aug 9, 15 12:20 AM
i agree i love this game.pehaps a suggestion would be to be able to purchase one last update.i know i would buy it.

Go to: