SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

Re:Welcome to Aveyond: Gates of Night forum

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 14, 09 10:16 PM
You can only get the broken wand if you choose it in the pageant. You get the crown by giving Baal the dragon back his scale.

[Post New]by michelewicks30 on Aug 15, 09 12:36 AM
SeverineSnape wrote:You can only get the broken wand if you choose it in the pageant. You get the crown by giving Baal the dragon back his scale.

i have finished d pageant and didnt choose the wand.i have failed to choose the wand, so what is my option to own the ancient book?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 15, 09 1:36 AM
Sorry, I misread your question earlier! Unfortunately you can't get the book if you didn't get all four artefacts! I had to play the game three times before I got it because the first time I didn't get the wand and the second time I sold the dragon scale! But I think the best spells for Lydia come from the Fairy book anyway, not the Ancient book, so you can win the game quite well without it! If you're *really* desperate you could go to the spells goodie cave on the beach in Stormbend and get Lydia's spells that way, though...

Edited on 08/15/2009 at 1:36:57 AM PST

[Post New]by hogred on Aug 15, 09 11:00 AM
CAN ANYONE HELP - WHERE IS THE KEY TO THE RED CHESTS - I KNOW ITS IN NAYLITH BUT WHERE?

HOW DO I GET INTO THE SKY GARDEN?

I GO INTO THE MEMORY CAVES BUT I CAN'T SEEM TO GET ANYWHERE

THANKS!!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 15, 09 3:39 PM
You will get the key to the sky garden when you finish the harp string quest in Naylith. In the skye garden you will then find the key to the red chests.

What do you mean you're not getting anywhere?

boosie1
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by boosie1 on Aug 15, 09 5:44 PM
How do I learn how to tight rope? and where do I find butterfly wings?

Thansks

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 15, 09 7:06 PM
You can learn tightrope walking in the Intelligence Agency in Tar Vedron. It's the house above the Inn.

The butterfly wings can be bought in Naylith, once you have the 4 quarter keys.

jem07
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

What are the answers to Marcelo's questions?

[Post New]by jem07 on Aug 16, 09 12:26 AM
Just like to know the answers to Marcelo's questions. He is the guy in the pub(?) in the underworld.

fesi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by fesi on Aug 16, 09 10:38 AM
hello,

I forgot where Hakkar is. Can someone refresh my mind?

Thanks!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 16, 09 3:41 PM
The answers to the questions in the pub quiz in Ghed'ahre can be found in this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/50038.page

Hakkar is a little green dragon in the dragon city. I think his house is somewhere northeast-ish.

[Post New]by loridemo on Aug 16, 09 7:00 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:The missing dwarf mine can only be found after the pirates have left Stormbend. You then go back to Gheledon, go back into the mines down the rope ladder and explore the caves on the north end of the main room. You should find your pirate friends again in one of them

Unfortunately, you can't get a spider egg in Gates of Night, this was a reward for a quest in Lord of Twilight.

Thanks for your help Severine!

Four keys? Gates of night

[Post New]by cutewitch on Aug 17, 09 2:06 AM
Please help... Where exactly do I get all four the quarter keys.. been wondering around aimlessly trying to find the last one...

Got the orc one and got witch one. And think the other one is Hal's rescue.. where is the last one?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 09 4:32 AM
The third one does start with Hal's rescue, but there will be quite a few more quests you'll have to do after that!

The final one is in the dragon city west of Tar Vedron.

Dragon city?

[Post New]by cutewitch on Aug 17, 09 8:16 AM
Okay but where in Dragon city.. I went through all the caves.. and the city.. and I cannot find the dragons to fight for the key.. All I could find was the egg?

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 17, 09 3:16 PM
This is in the city itself. In the northwest is a house with a door that's bigger than the other doors. There is a boss in there who has the key.

[Post New]by tinytoydolls on Aug 18, 09 6:37 PM
SeverineSnape wrote:Unfortunately, if Lydia has -1, Mel has less than 7 and Stella less than 4 points, you can't have Edward marry any of the girls. In that case, the King and Queen will pick a bride for you!

you can too!!!Lydia had zero and he married her!!! So u r wrong!!!!Also the leader has to be Edward to propose!!!!

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 18, 09 7:28 PM
If Lydia has negative points, she won't accept. Anything from 0 and up, she's fine.

fesi
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by fesi on Aug 19, 09 11:37 AM
I did not get any sapphire, is there a problem if I dont do this part?

I cannot find any of the dragon skales, can someone help me?

Thanks!

[Post New]by KodaDove on Aug 19, 09 12:05 PM
Go to your items and select the compass and it will take you to your ship.

mamof4 wrote:i was wondering if anyone can help.. i managed to by the boat and i was sailing to the various islands and all of a sudden i ended up in moo hatchery.. i've gone back to stormbend and tried to buy another ship but can't and the ship thats there i can't use.... i'm stuck and dunno what to do....any suggestions????

SeverineSnape
Stingray
Stingray
5,357 Posts

[Post New]by SeverineSnape on Aug 19, 09 1:57 PM
Keep fighting the flowers in rose forest, they will occasionally drop a sapphire. But you don't need to do this quest to finish the game.

The dragon scale is somewhere on Mt Drake - explore the mountain east of Dragkthor village (exit the village by the Inn on the east side). It's a bit of a maze there, but there are maps on the amaranthia forum.

Oh and there is only one scale, and you're best off giving it to Baal and not sell it to the guy in bazaar.

Edited on 08/19/2009 at 1:58:09 PM PST

Go to: