kelnjor
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,088 Posts

Re:Murder, She Wrote comments and reviews

[Post New]by kelnjor on May 14, 10 5:49 PM
well after all the good reviews. decided to try the demo, it is an enjoyable game, with a interesting/grabbing storyline, but i found the game play too easy for me..i would prefer something a bit more challenging, so i think i will wait it out a bit before i make a decision on this one..maybe good for a rainy day

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on May 15, 10 10:34 PM
I bought this game primarily because I enjoyed the TV show. I think it's a good HOG with some very minimally interactive elements -- one thing to do might be unscrewing a vent. The screwdriver is in the scene. I always read/listen to all the story, so that wasn't an issue. The music was okay. The voice actors were good, too. The minigames are pretty good and skippable. Definitely a plus in my book. Timed or relaxed mode. Even playing relaxed mode you get a summary of your play at the end of each chapter. Poor Jessica. She must not be doing very well as an author. She wore the same outfit in all 5 chapters! lol

I will definitely be looking for another one of these!

slruser
Salmon
Salmon
2,654 Posts

[Post New]by slruser on May 20, 10 5:02 PM
Ah good ol' Jessica Fletcher......brings back memories of watching the TV show with my grandmother! Nothing new or unique to add to the reviews. I agree with most of the other posts......easy, enjoyable game. I really liked the storylines and the fact that the items were appropriate to the scenes, and not completely out of context as in so many other games. If you are tired of the dark, macabre games and are looking for a nice, not-too-challenging HOG, this is it. Just what I needed on this rainy day. Also, love the idea of a similar game based on the Columbo character, as someone mentioned in an earlier post.

Thanks for another fun day of gaming, BFG!

lucyloket
Guppy
Guppy
138 Posts

[Post New]by lucyloket on Jun 6, 10 12:46 AM
Mmm, thought I'd give this a go after reading some good reviews but it just didn't hold my interest.
I was so bored that I didn't finish the hour but this also means that I didn't finish the 1st book either - as there's 5 books, I suspect this is a good length game.
I got fed up just moving between 2 or 3 scenes all the time. I like the premise of the murder mystery & I've seen quite a few of the TV programmes - the game stayed faithful to the style.
I just wish there was a greater variety of h.o scenes to visit. Not a difficult game to play either but I like the inclusion of some 'hidden' hidden objects, where you need to do one thing before you can find another. It gave a bit more interaction than usual.
A pity, with a bit more variety this would have been a buy for me.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Aug 1, 10 12:31 PM
I bought this game from BF when it first came out. Because GH had it listed as a free game today, I went back and played as another profile just to refresh my mind. Played the first book and enjoyed it all over again. If you are looking for a relaxing, fun hour or two, this game fits the bill. Because it is in 5 chapters/books, it is easy to finish one, leave for a while, and then do the next chapter. Try it, you might be surprised how much fun it is. Happy gaming.............

Edited on 08/01/2010 at 12:32:40 PM PST

[Post New]by inksterbinkster on Oct 2, 10 9:28 AM
This game is a rip-off. While I liked the game itself, buying it for $9.99 was not worth it! There are only 5 puzzles (5 books) and I completed the entire "untimed" version in less than 4 hours. There aren't any more books or any further levels to this game.

I Love Murder, She Wrote and still read the books, but this game is Not worth the money in my view!

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 26, 10 7:36 AM
I am really enjoying this game. Finished the first book and am half way through the second. No, it certainly isn't complicated, but, it's fun. No squinting at tiny little objects (as in "Oh! That line at the bottom of the screen is supposed to be a pen??) and it has an interesting, if simple, story line. The mini games are very easy, but at least they seem slightly different. This is relaxing, and I recommend it -- especially to new HOG players.

lovemybook
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by lovemybook on Mar 9, 11 7:14 PM
I really like this game. The stories are interesting (if totally unreal) and the minigames have a little flair to them. They have a twist that makes them a touch harder to solve. Also, the game is long lasting. I've been playing it for several days now - it's nice to go back and start a totally new mystery.

[Post New]by bigfgame on May 21, 11 2:16 AM
I really love this game! The graphic's are very crystal clear and the stories are so interesting. Everything is so realistic. I love the fact that it is not to easy nor to hard and that my cursor does not freeze or hard to move around. Maby thats a problem on my end. Maby it is my memory. Any way my mom has canser and we have spent our time playing these games together and we both agree what a genious who created this game. Is there a way to see who made the game and find other games that they created. I would buy every one. Good bless and thank-you. Barbara

Liasmani
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
19,504 Posts

[Post New]by Liasmani on Jul 13, 11 4:21 AM
Game Ratings:

Graphics – 3 stars
Story – 2.5 stars
Music/Sounds – 3 stars
Gameplay – 3 stars
Overall – 2.875 stars

My ratings of games can be high as 5 and can be low as 1.

Ratings Explained:

1 star: Poor
2 stars: Okay
3 stars: Good
4 stars: Great
5 stars: Excellent

I won’t be purchasing this game at all. For those who did – Happy Gaming!

laurakay76
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by laurakay76 on Jul 31, 11 8:15 PM
Since this was being offered for just $2.99 to club members today, I decided to try it (mostly to make sure I filled up my punch card!) and...well, it's not bad. The voice acting is good; I loved this show, and while I can tell that the actors voicing Jessica, Mort and Seth aren't the same ones from the series, they're very good impersonations. The graphics are decent, if kind of dull. The puzzles were really on the boring side in my estimation, although I may have just gotten spoiled by all the Blue Tea Games I've been playing in the last month. It's a decent time-waster, but I have yet to even finish the first mystery because it really kind of failed to keep my interest. For the price I paid, I'd call it worth the money, but if I'd paid the full price I would truthfully consider myself cheated.

LadyJane50
Guppy
Guppy
183 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane50 on Feb 29, 12 2:25 PM
I'm really glad I bought Murder, She Wrote - 5 games for the price of one!

Yes - it's a little on the easy side, but sometimes you need to play a game that isn't draining.

I found that the mini-games were fun and new. Some of them were easy and some were at a more difficult level.

All in all I'd say it was worth the money!

emerance
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

Great Game!!!!

[Post New]by emerance on May 12, 12 12:37 PM
I really love this. I'm not a plain HOG fan, so it's great to have interactive puzzles during the HOG. The HOGs are also logical (e.g., not junkpile) and add to the story. And you get 5 stories! That's great!

I give this game a 5 STAR rating!!

[Post New]by misicly on Jun 16, 12 4:29 PM
I really enjoyed this game.I have had it a long time and decided to play it again after 2 years.Has anyone had technical problems recently.I had none the first time I played but since having it re-installed I have a problem draining the water from the fish tank in the " A Deadly Catch".I would like to hear from someone who experienced that and what they did to correct t
he problem.It's a great game.Hope I can continue with it
Thanks,Misicly.

[Post New]by OvrThRainbo on Jun 29, 12 9:17 PM
Oy! I just finished the last of the 5 mysteries which comprise MURDER SHE WROTE. I'm having Jessica Fletcher withdrawals. I wish the developer had created more of these. They were fun with great story lines, characters (many of whom were gay, black, Southeast Asian - very diverse and REAL!). And who doesn't love that theme music from the TV series??? I highly recommend this for someone, probably a beginner, who enjoys HOGS and PUZZLES and mystery adventures.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Sep 2, 12 6:57 PM
Sigh....finally a game that is not dark and it was such low quality. I wish they could come up with games that are not centered on witchcraft and demon possession and have the quality those games have. Love the private investigator concept.
The pictures were grainy and the hidden object scenes had to be visited over and over again. The only thing I liked were the mini-games. They were fun.
Could have been a good game...too bad.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Oct 22, 12 8:25 AM
This seemed to have received so many good reviews that I finally thought I would give one of these a try. Good grief, I guess my taste in games is a lot different than most. I found this game to be awful.

I immediately turned off the music and was desperately searching for a way to turn off the voices. How annoying. WAY too much dialog. The constant popping up was really distracting and intrusive. I just skipped all of it. Really tried to give the demo a go, but couldn't handle anymore after about 15 minutes. BF games choices have been a little dry the past 2 or 3 weeks....I guess I was getting desperate.

Straight HOS game.....however the HOS were unusual in the way you had to search for the typewriter keys to fill in the list. Creative. Dumb mini games. Sorry everyone, wasn't impressed definately a NO BUY for me. My opinion is about a 1.5 .

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Feb 7, 13 12:34 PM
I know this review is long over due, but I recently re downloaded it to teach my husband what casual gaming is all about. I had tried a newer, harder game, but he was getting frustrated, and then I remembered this game!

What a perfect game for beginners or for any of us that just want to chill out on a rainy day and have some lovely, old fashioned fun. This game has just the right amount of story, HOS, music right out of the TV show, and down Maine characters to take us on a sweet nostalgia trip that is relaxing and goes well with a hot cup of tea and some home made cookies.

Please enjoy it on it's own level, which at certain times and with certain people is just perfect!

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 12:38:03 PM PST

[Post New]by SuesQs on Mar 20, 13 6:34 PM
Help played " deadly catch" was having a blast. Until I sorted the jewels with the correct tags then flash! I'm back in the bar can't do anything or go anywhere! Frustrated please help,or things to try or something. I can't be the only person that this has happened to. At least I hope not!
PLEASE HELP

hannah233
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by hannah233 on May 13, 13 6:29 PM
ive had this game 4 3 yrs ____________ & now IM having trouble?????????????? jesus im giving up on big F____ fish it all about the money they sucked me in!!!!!!!!!! darn.

Go to: