Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

tollbar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Chapter 1 Discussion Thread

[Post New]by tollbar on Feb 21, 11 12:17 PM
I'm stuck already. can't open manager's office, get across bridge, open man-hole, open garage, basically can't do anything. Have a hammer, car jack and that's about it

tollbar
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by tollbar on Feb 21, 11 12:17 PM
I'm stuck already. can't open manager's office, get across bridge, open man-hole, open garage, basically can't do anything. Have a hammer, car jack and that's about it

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Feb 21, 11 8:25 PM
Hey there, tollbar!

Have you been upstairs in the hotel? While you're up there you'll get a snow shovel and a mattress. Back outside, head to the side of the hotel, where the generator is. Use the snow shovel to dig under the rabbit statue and you'll find the garage door opener ... Getting inside the garage will open up a new Hidden Object Game and get you an inventory item that will help move things along.

The manager's office is a few more tasks away, but keep in mind that you're not getting in through the door. And don't worry about getting across the bridge for quite a while.

I hope this helps. Good luck!!!

[Post New]by JudyLyn60 on Mar 7, 11 10:51 AM
Jbarnes1203 wrote:I need help...I don't what to do now. I have a matress, crowbar, nails, hammer, and carjack. I am trying to find something to stop the water in the upstairs bathroom and keys for several different locks. I have no idea where to go from here...help!

[Post New]by JudyLyn60 on Mar 7, 11 10:57 AM
you use the hammer to break thru the bathroom floor it will open up. the crowbar is used to open the manhole by the garage, pry it open and take the gauge, go back to the bathroom and shut off the water, get the mattress and throw it down the hole and get to the manager's office.
you have to find the wood piece/ take it to the tree/ hammer and nail it to the tree. you need a saw to cut thru the brance to get the piece of paper. take that upstairs to the last room, put it with the paper already there and you find the combination to the safe in the manager's office. i think there is another key in there.

i am stuck at the banchi

[Post New]by heatherhartley on Mar 21, 11 8:23 AM
im stuck cannot figure out the puzzles

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Mar 22, 11 11:18 PM
Welcome to the pond, heatherhartley!

Unfortunately, I don't know which puzzles you are referring to, so I can't give you any hints. But you might have some luck by checking out the walkthrough that's available in a thread at the top of this forum's page.

Good luck!!!

[Post New]by lilfarmtruck on Mar 23, 11 12:01 AM

Seems like from all these questions that this game is buggy.....I have down loaded the strategy guide and it shows lots of "mystery peices" that dont seem to exist in the game....

so whats up...is the game and strategy guide a waste of money...

hopefully some one can help.

thanks

bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Mar 23, 11 9:02 AM
Hi lilfarmtruck,

Welcome to the pond!

If you are referring to the morphing objects, these are a feature of the Collector's Edition of the game so if you have the standard version of the game these items will not appear during gameplay.

Hope this helps!

bfgImbrium

[Post New]by shilishablair on Mar 31, 11 2:38 AM
HELP!! I'm at the bridge just before the ruins and i need to know how to get over the brigde. could some one help me please? i have the ash urn, wirecutters, sea salt, all four "keys", a feather and snowshoes.

[Post New]by ChesterPepper79 on Apr 2, 11 12:03 AM
Welcome to the pond, shilishablair!

You need to melt the ice on the bridge to cross it, but you're not ready to do that yet.

By "keys" do you mean the relics? Have you already found all four students?

In the back room of the farmhouse, check for sparkles - You should be able to open a drawer and find a loose floorboard.

The missing sparkplug is right outside the farmhouse, attached to the lawnmower, but you'll need an inventory item to get it loose.

After putting the sparkplug in your inventory, you can go fix the generator at the hotel and finally make your way into the basement.

[Post New]by Tracieaj on Nov 22, 11 8:29 PM
I have tried everything...help..help..help..I cannot get the mattress from the bedroom closet. I already did the hidden object game in this room. I am ready to go through bathroom floor in to the managers office but i have no mattress. I am about ready to reset the game...no fun

[Post New]by Dauntless238 on Jun 27, 12 2:50 PM
misty5 wrote:Since the "manager's office" is the last part of chapter 1 and the first part of chapter 2, I'm not sure on which thread my question belongs. But here it is.......

I've gotten into the office but now seem to be stuck. I've looked all over for clues to the safe combination, with no luck. In inventory, I have the saw, hammer, car keys and lighter. I've climbed the tree and opened both the garage and the boatshed. For now, I'm just going round and round from boatshed to house to car to covered bridge, and my feet are about worn out. Can anyone tell me what I'm missing? (Great game, BTW!!)

Like you I am lost with with safe combination - have read the book from page to page (have reached page 8) but nothing - it must be something simple but I am missing it just like you.

[Post New]by Mickys_Mum_2010 on Sep 18, 12 7:50 AM
this has got to be the most difficult game ever!, i am stuck, i cannot open the garage, i do not have the crowbar and there are no more items for me to pick up, any suggestions?

thank you

[Post New]by Stevieboysgirl on Nov 17, 12 2:00 PM
Ok I have the keys and also have the jack. What do I do for the radio in the car to move on?

[Post New]by Stevieboysgirl on Nov 17, 12 4:32 PM
Ok I now have the car jack, mattress, sledgehammer, hammer and main valve. I have tapped on everything I can find, followed the directional arrows and have been in all the rooms and buildings I can find. I think the next thing I need is the crowbar but can't find it no matter how many times I go n the garage. I also can't find the generator. I've used the snow shovel outside for the garage door opener and used the sledgehammer on the bathroom floor. Now I am STUCK and very frustrated cause I can't seem to move forward.

[Post New]by kivy777 on Feb 18, 13 8:30 AM
wyndrunes wrote:Use the rope to swing over the hole in the bridge.

Lady_Mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Mags on Feb 20, 13 8:31 AM
coruca wrote:I am in the upstairs bedroom with the champain and have cleared the bed of all the seek and find items but the mattress. I have used several hints and they all point to the left edge, but I don't see a mattress and if I click, nothing happens. I tried raising my screen resolution and also tried in window as well as full screen mode. Any help? I am stuck!

Lady_Mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Mags on Feb 20, 13 8:33 AM
Mattress is doubled up in the left side of the walk in wardrobe

[Post New]by CherylW47402046 on Sep 7, 13 7:34 AM
tollbar wrote:I'm stuck already. can't open manager's office, get across bridge, open man-hole, open garage, basically can't do anything. Have a hammer, car jack and that's about it

** reply to this...I'm in the same place. VERY frustrating. The "HINT" never recharges - doesn't seem to work at all. I haven't gotten a response from Big Fish Games. I own the game.

Go to: