Ready for the special room

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

Re:Ready for the special room

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jan 21, 17 9:22 AM
ROFLMAO!!! I do wish I could hep with your story but my mind is too befuddled by these lovely pink pills. But Jenifer and PTG are doing a great job! I love reading what everyone posts. Too funny!

Oh, and I promise I'm not spying on you all

Edited on 01/21/2017 at 9:25:18 AM PST

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 21, 17 10:40 AM
I will say this of my partner: she is very forceful.

She soon has Bing working on a large heap of snow globes that I swept up into a pile on her cell floor.

Meanwhile I sneak a peek into the corridor and it is still all clear.

Amid all the kerfuffle that has just been mentioned about the lost souls looking for post Xmas salvation in the Castle, I hear a loud burping voice snarling expletives at his companions and demanding grog.

But of course all his companions are sweet little orphans and do not know what the word means so they give him tea from the Summer Garden.

This does render him speechless but not pleasantly so.

Bing shyly hands me a glowing globe which gives a cell (sorry: room) with its number

At least I can now locate his door, which of course is locked.

My original intention was for my associates to use the axe to tunnel with, but it is just as handy as a door “smasher-downer”

Since it was my brain that both got us the pick axe and the location of this room, I feel that my little female Amazon, who is mostly brawn in spite of what she may think of herself, should have the honour.

I also do not want to sully my outfit which is still pristine

I hand her the axe and gesture>>>>>>>>>>>

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 21, 17 1:05 PM
OMG MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP,
it is like a BANSHE SCREAMS IN ME EAR stoppppppppppppppp , BOOM BOOM BOOM OMG dey are goin kill me wittel head, as I try to sit up me world spinnnnnnnnnsi and I kin no move WHAT DA SAM H*** IS rot rouh I be back in me cellie and tied , chained roped, hog tied hankie tied to me cot,,, NO NO NO dis will nebber do,,, I lurch and crash boom bangggggg land on da floor wiff the cot on top of me bottom,, Here's an otter fine mess you all gets me in,,, %^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#$%^&*( I hear Alfho Male ??? yes dat be me but who is saying dat??? I seems to be alone at da moment and tusseled up like a pig ready fer dat Racoon to slap me on da spit,,
Oh lookie her just an inch or 5 from me nose,, a wittle pink pill and as ya all know that be like Spinach to Popeye fo moi,, ARGGGGGGGGGG ok smidgjit how ya going to get it huh huh huh you braineact you.
Oh wait will use secret weapon SHHHHHHHHHH no tell anyone K??
Sticks out me stretchsssssssssssssssssss oh so close yet so far away,,,, k try agin strechhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh oh oh oh almost stop dead air,,,, snow globes are spy thingies?? cellie phones ??? walky talkies??? Bing???? Go to speak/scream and bite me toyung owwwww dat goin hurt,,,,,,,me has sharp toofies ya know, I would slap meself but wohahahaha hands over there head here,, spit blood and screammmmmmmmm
PTGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG JENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
BING???

dandydog
Clownfish
Clownfish
803 Posts

[Post New]by dandydog on Jan 21, 17 2:41 PM
Fletcher here, Boy oh boy! Have all of you done and gotten into those "Crazy Pills" again cause I can't understand a thing your talking about! Oh well, think I'll just hang on there and enjoy the ride and laugh all the way to that loony toon hospital or whenever the heck your headed too.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Jan 21, 17 7:41 PM
Bing, that be me. That's Jen's new nickname for me! We've been looking all over for you. I'm here to help. If there is a way to help u!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 21, 17 8:32 PM

We hear our Captain's cries for help.

"No tome to lose!" I cry, then spend 30 minutes changing into my 'House of Schpadoinkle' original rescue outfit. "Let's go!"

Bing peruses my emergency bag of rescue items, then our outfits. She slowly backs away. "Y'know I think I'll sit this one out..."

"Bing?"

"Look, I'll be here if you need any more intel... but I think it's safest if I just stay here." She tosses us some purple pills and wishes us luck.

"Just you and me, PTG!" I turn and see him chatting pleasantly to a Dandy Dog named Fletcher. "Is he coming too?"

PTG turns to me an lowers his voice. "He doesn't realise he's already in the hospital. But he seems cheery enough."

"I'll take care of him." Bing smiles. We're glad she isn't a spy.

"Alright! AWWWAAAAYYYY!" I leap out into the corridor. PTG sweeps along behind me. "Stop sweeping!"

"Well I wanted to tunnel!"

"I know, I promise we'll dig a tunnel somewhere else. Okay?"

"Hmph... okay... I guess..."

The cells are full of the mournful cries of post Christmas Event depression and the orderlies and nurses are run off their feet medicating and restraining everyone they can find. We use this to our advantage and sneak along the corridors unnoticed until we find the 'Medical Experimentation Wing'. We know Cap'n Randy's room immediately - it's the only one guarded. Plus there's a great racket involving the clatter of an upturned bed, swearing, flatulence and references to Popeye and an otter. It's definitely his room.

Two orderlies rush inside. Now there's four to contend with!

"Jenifer?"

We both turn to see the Doctor.

PTG is alarmed. "The jig is up!"

But I just smile. "Hello Doctor... why don't we have a talk?"

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 21, 17 8:57 PM

We shove the stripped and hogtied doctor inside the nearest pantry.

"Hey! This is my room!"

"Sorry Cindy, nice britches!"

We lock them both in and I hand the white coat to PTG. "Put this on"

"We'll never pull this off!" PTG is skeptical but does so as I write in my song book. "No! No singing!"

"I know, there'll be plenty of time for that later." I tear out a page and hand it to him. "Just be confident." I pat him on the back and send him on to the guards.

PTG, in full Doctor disguise walks determinedly up to the guards. "Look, we're badly understaffed and need you to head to the East wing. Cell 2-B needs 20 milligrams of The Lorax, cell 3-C needs 30 of Earwax and cell 4-F needs 15 of maxitraxilaxifaxipax."

The guards look at each other, then PTG.

"NOW fellas! We'll have a full blown riot on our hands!"

The guards nod, take the 'prescription' and amble off towards the East wing. I sneak up to PTG who is scratching his head. "I can't believe that worked!"

"Ah, all anti-psychotics tend to have x's in the name" I shrug. "Ready?"

PTG breathes deep "Ready"

We burst through the door. Two orderlies are huffing and puffing as they attempt to turn Randy upright.

"Let the idgit go!"

The orderlies turn and see us. They are exasperated "Oh! two more have got out! Call the guards!"

"I don't think so." I whip two sticks of dynamite out of my feather-bedecked hip holster.

"You wouldn't" The orderlies back away, though.

"Ooooh!" Cap'n Randy finally reaches his pink pill. "Wees all about ta go boom and fly-fly! Weeeeeeeeeeee!"

I light the dynamite.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 22, 17 1:25 AM
Now we all know that those orderlies can move quite quickly when they have to, and especially if they want to catch moi.

But never have I seen two move so fast as they do when Jenny Wren lights the dynamite.

I stand there full of admiration for her multifarious skills.

And then the penny drops.

She is next to me holding two sticks of lit dynamite and our dear leader is still trapped under his bed puffing and panting declaiming previously unknown or unheard of expletives

I catch a brief thought passing through my head: She must have a plan!

She does!

She tosses me the lit dynamite and says “get rid of those please. I have matters to attend to”

My long years of watching baseball comes to the fore and using my broom handle I swipe those two advancing sticks straight out of the cell window.

The pyrotechnic display outside is spectacular and there are cheers from the battlements and even as far away as Atlantis as the watchers applaud my prowess.

But there is not a moment to lose and we both struggle (as we are both of slender build) to put upright a very vociferous and uncooperative, strapped to a bed, patient.

I toss him two of the green pills even though I don’t know what they are for just to shut him up while we release him from his bondage.

Jenny taps me on the shoulder and points to the door. There is something “afoot” outside

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 22, 17 2:58 AM
"No, nots a feetie!" Randy points to my bedazzled boots, then the door. "It be a Snowman!"

Frosty/Frost/Pile of Hankies bursts through the door. Two unconscious orderlies lay behind him. He sees his master prone and swearing on the floor. He sweeps (not with a broom, but with majestic motion) across the room, scooping PTG and myself up before collecting pre-op Cap'n RoboRandy and bursting out the window. He belches an extraordinary amount of hot air before we hit the ground and we all soar upward.

We fly, under wings made of hankies, out of the Castle grounds and land outside the chapel in the town.

"Oh good!" I check on my monkey supervised critter breeding programme while having a bath. It seems to be going well, however I do have reservations about some of the unusual cross breeding.

PTG rustles up some cake, berries, peaches and pasta from the Confessional for dinner.

We all reconverge and eat, while awaiting pre-op… well no, not anymore… We await Captain POGORandy's next installment of the tale.

He has fallen asleep again.

I grab a kitteelephant and smack him upside the head with it. He is simultaneously shocked, scratched and trumpeted. But the important thing is he is awake. I let the creature go and we watch it prowl/slither/galumph into the night. Whatever it is - we all know it is an abomination.

"Okay!" I point a squicken at PogoRandy. "Is Lord Chamberlain actually 'Murk'?!"

We await his answer... or the dawn, whichever comes first...

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 22, 17 3:43 AM
I am relaxing, replete with a large portion of cold pasta, and trying to make a corsage out of the green and red bells that I have just found.

I look over to our hop-a-long leader to see his face being scoured clean by his pet.
HIs 7-o-clock shadow quickly disappears as a dragon’s tongue is not smooth and we can now actually see who it is again.

He still sleeps from having too many pills in too short a time. Also he has been without his favorite brew for too long

I think it is time to send the pigeon that is nesting in the corner back to Bing in her “room” to tell her that we are safe and sound and that Jenny is doing her usual thing: scribbling furiously in her note book.

Being in a generous mood (is there no end to my talents?) I decide to give her a helping hand:

There once was a sailor from Rye,
Who was saved by a young dapper guy.
And a gal who has fits
If we question her wits
When she’s composing such odes bye–the-bye

He growls and stirs>>>>>>>>>>

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 22, 17 6:59 AM
A big hole has been blown into the wall of my room. In two years of lurking I have never yet been exposed.

eastendteddy
Salmon
Salmon
2,821 Posts

[Post New]by eastendteddy on Jan 22, 17 10:51 AM
All warm and comfy wiff a smotttthe as a baby bottom face and dreamin of chains on da wicked witch and Daddy Dearest in da corner hog tied and wiff a hankie Gag held by da Eye Patch stupid idjit does not miss da crooked Wizz hat that was never pointed right anyway.
Oh no me eyes are goin betray me and open,, WTH snow in me room?? thought da snow flicks had gone poof?? tiny white speck falling from da window?? I spy PTG tapping away on the tambourin and ON NOOOOOOOO Jen bewitched PTG and now she be walling to Oh oh I smells food , belly grumbles but all I get is a mouth full of flicks, spits WTH dis not be snow it is paper?? I hear claping and turn to look out da hole in da wall and see fireworks crash boom bang sky lights up, Jen leans over and explins what PTG done did wiff the TNT,,, are totally nutso Jenifer?? you could have blown us to kingbome come and back , sunk Atlantis, rocked da Cloud City offin dat cloud sunk da OGP now dat wouda shocked dat slimy eel ,,what iffin PTG had no been der with dat trusty broom>> broken even?? huh huh what den?? OMG these two are goin be me death.
I look out and say ROT ROUH Jen you blew a hole in da otter wall over der,, biggn to, wait I see a figure over der,, who?? what?? Jen, PTG grab da spy glass, what do you mean you lost it??? Jen hands me da oppie glasses I look at her like she done lost her mind,
Knew it kin no see a thin,, Jen steps up and grabs da glasses and turns dem around , dis way you ole idjit I flash her me death look

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 22, 17 11:41 AM
Have I been spotted? I grab sheets from my bed to hide all the equipment, then hang blankets over the gaping hole in the wall. All my work is about to be undone by some ill-timed explosives. I call the ferrets and we begin moving the equipment and machines. A nearby room is empty, its occupant having recently moved to Cloud City. It's a temporary solution at best; this door only locks from the outside. But some clever trompe l'oeil should buy us enough time, and once we get into the tunnels... well.

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 22, 17 4:03 PM
Things all over are getting worse, though. I'm sure that hole opened into the Confessional in the Chapel. As long as PTG and company don't realize that this side originated in the Castle….

I tug torn shreds of universum across the aperture and say good-bye to the room that has been home for the past two years. The ferrets tug the last monitor into the tunnel, and I close this aperture behind us. No one, not even me, will be coming through here again. But I have to hurry. I have things to do before GMT midnight.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 22, 17 8:43 PM

I head into the chapel to see if there are any random snow globes.

I can hear muttering, dragging of equipment and the odd ferret.

"Hello?' I call. There is a gasp and silence. I peer into the Confessional. There is a gaping hole in my former sanctuary. "Dammit PTG!"

"What?"

I crawl through and discover a tunnel. "Hello?"

My foot hits a discarded snow globe and I pick it up and shake it. It glows. I see the gnomes being yelled at by random passers by. "THREE times for the same HOS, yeah THAT's fair!" ... "Do you deliberately calculate it so that I HAVE to call the airship back to get FOUR wheels?"

There is no volume on the globe, but there is light. I follow the shuffling sounds deep into the tunnels, unaware of where I will end up.

But one thing drives me on...

I've never thrown a ferret...

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Jan 23, 17 3:49 AM
I’ll say one thing about my “partner” (I had better call her that now instead of associate, since I seem to be stuck with her in our questing):

She is the “mother” of all felines, with an insatiable curiosity about all things strange or new. No wonder that her favorite pet is a little black kitten (the one without the Santa that that so generously gives me rusty chests when I feed it!)

I am quite prepared for the Confessional to have a back door (a hole in this case) leading to a tunnel.

The Castle must be riddled with these underground passages interconnecting into all areas.

But I prefer to use the front door. It is less creepy, if occasionally a lot less safe!

However Jenny Wren had spotted a ferret shooting down into the abyss squeaking for its owner to slow down.

Owner???

Her wilfulness and headstrong personality is about to lead us into another fine mess as she seems to have forgotten that our primary objective at the moment is to get our incoherent (at the best of times) Randy to cough up some information on the history of the Castle and its evil inhabitants.

I am just not dressed for speleology either

That hunky dory of a Cap'n is so easily side-tracked by current events like being captured and sundry explosions that I fear that we will never hear the full story, before he is “under the knife”

Ah well! I had better follow her to provide sustenance and the occasional warm drink as she disappears into the total blackness of the tunnel.

She turns round and yanks my sun glasses off.

"You idjit! can't you see that there is no sun down here!"

Oh yes! Without my very expensive designer shades "borrowed" from a previous tournament room I can now see

I resume the trek>>>>>>>>>>>

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 23, 17 4:30 AM
The active ear-drops indicate that someone, maybe more than one, is progressing along the tunnel toward Cloud City. There is also some squeaking; I'm not sure what that is. Anyway, if they go right they'll end up behind the jeweler's workshop, left will lead to the Dream Palace. I won't have any visuals until all the equipment is set up again. We had to leave one of the equalizers in a tight bend on the way to the Ice Rock. I'll borrow the gremlins later to dismantle it; they like that kind of work. I tell the ferrets to take a break in the Winter Garden.

For now I pass through a series of Spring Rooms and Christmas rooms (after all, what are friends for?) taking temperatures. The Christmas rooms just are not cold enough for our purposes.

I catch a mutter about throwing ferrets. I wonder if I ought to warn the lady that Wicker, if she ever encounters him, is a biter. Lost his first home over it, in fact.

What upsets me more, though, is that Randy has been distracted from his recounting of Castle history. I really need to understand their take on things and quickly. The numbers and data just don't add up!

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 23, 17 4:47 AM

"Wait, who's watching Captain PogoRandy?"

"Bing" PTG offers me a cup of Earl Grey. "Besides, there's only ever a 20% chance he'll be aware of us even if we were there."

I cannot argue with his logic, or complain about his tea preparation. Both are sound.

We follow the tunnels east. PTG continues to remind me that tunnels were the way to go the whole time. I look forward to catching my ferret.

We have no idea where we are. But a dim light is in the distance. I shake my snow globe, muffling the last cries "The BOW FIGURINE?! Are you kidding me?! I don't care HOW sad your day is - you don't demand an item from the bow figurine!" and drop it on the floor. I've been listening to complaints all day, I've had enough.

We creep slowly towards the light. We can hear the whirs and hums of some kind of mechanical equipment.

We peer into the room. An entire stone wall is covered with monitors. We are unsure as to what we are seeing before we spy a lone hunched figure at a control panel.

I grab a passing ferret.

I must have answers...

Or a target...

Or another cup of tea...

Grimwald
Minnow
Minnow
252 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Jan 23, 17 5:06 AM
I set up one of the field monitors behind the Stone Gargoyle. Cash and Wicker pull the cables into position, cable pulling being one time-honored ferret profession. Switch on, and we all three peer at the monitor and its confusing display. I can see Jenifer and PTG from behind as they themselves stare at a bank of equipment that makes me envious. Partly obscured by Jenifer's headgear is a figure. In sudden anxiety, I wave my hands, just be sure that I am not somehow looking at my own self on screen. To my relief, the figure does not wave also. The ears are different, too. So it's not me. Although with all the tears happening in the local universum, it could be hard to tell.

This person taps away on at least five keyboards. At most, I only ever have three. Jealous, much?

With a final bang on a keyboard, this person then shoves his chair away from his displays and turns around to face Jenifer and PTG. I can't see Randy in my visual. Don't hear him either.

Then Cash confesses that he had to leave the ice cream and sprinkles back at the hole into the Chapel confessional.

Jenifer_Rule
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,038 Posts

[Post New]by Jenifer_Rule on Jan 23, 17 6:03 AM

"I have no idea what is going on!" I cry "And stop staring at my headgear!"

PTG is befuddled and reverts to his calming state of sweeping while randomly screaming.

"I have a ferret!" I threaten.

A lone figure finishes typing and rolls his chair in a fluid motion to turn and face us.

"Oh My God, that was SO Arch!" I can't help but be impressed.

"So..." A stereotypically high pitched pseudo-European accent reverberates around the stone chamber. "You hav vound my ssuper ssecret lair!"

"Um, actually we were looking for the guy with the ferrets." I hold one up. It bites me and scampers away. "Now, see what you did! I should have hurled that at someone by now!"

"Vell you von't thwart my evil schemes! MMUUUUAHAHAHAHAHAHA-"

"yeah, I'm just gonna stop you right there." I cut in, sighing, "ARE YOU MURK?!"

"Me? No, but prepare to meet your DOOOOOOM!"

"Yeah. all over that, but right now Anabel is distraught because Arabella has stolen her Knight and Lord Chamberlain is the father of ONE of them and everyone is STILL banging on about gnomes! I'm at level Thirty-Nine!"

"Oh... " He slides his chair back into position. "Come back later!"

"Oh for fu-" PTG wrangles me and drags me back to the tunnel.

PTG and I trudge back to the confessional.

"Hey! Ice cream!!!" I'm suddenly uplifted "WITH SPRINKLES!!!"

Go to: