fai_fai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates

[Post New]by fai_fai on Jun 20, 10 12:48 PM
I recommend trying the first game - "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe". It's very good.

krissywillow
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,084 Posts

[Post New]by krissywillow on Jun 20, 10 2:10 PM
I think I already posted a review/comment for this game. But I hadn't gotten very far at that time, put it aside for a while, and have now been trying to finish it.

I must revise my comments. I really don't care for this game.

This game is very mean spirited. So many people think it's hilarious. I do not find it funny in the least. There is a recurring them of animal abuse which I find offensive. YES I KNOW, IT"S "JUST A GAME". But that does not make it ok to depict animal abuse.

THere is of course, the poor monkey who is repeatedly given potions that do terrible things to him.

Then there are cats with tin cans tied to their tails, etc. in the background graphics.

THe final straw was the chapter I"m in now makes you repeatedly grab a coin from a pirate who then hits another pirate in the head who then steps on a cat's tail making the cat scream in pain..so that other cats pop out and look so you have to click on them. What the heck is that all about??? No. That is NOT funny, it's cruel and offensive.

Just my opinion but my opinion stands. I won't buy anything else from these developers if they keep up this abusive attitude towards animals.

Ok, yes I do know the game is about pirates and pirates undoubtedly WOULD treat animals this way. That's true, BUT this isn't a documentary.

Getting off my soapbox now.

Ariztokat
Guppy
Guppy
112 Posts

[Post New]by Ariztokat on Jun 21, 10 9:46 PM

Can you tell I absolutely LOVE this game? And the Adventures too. I will definitely be looking for the next installment in the journeys of Robin and Friday!

Funny and spooky and downright intriguing. Loved the cross dresser pirate. lol. The puzzles were great. Had a bit of trouble finding the truly 'hidden' objects, but overall it was easier on these old eyes than some other games.

Big THANK YOU, !

Kat

[Post New]by mtymte on Jun 22, 10 9:36 PM
I love this game. It is so amusing. It is not so challenging that you get frustrated. Great graphics and good visual effects. Well worth a credit!

FeyKina
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by FeyKina on Jun 24, 10 11:18 PM
Great game! clever , funny , with A ++++ graphics.

[Post New]by coroman356 on Jun 25, 10 2:58 AM
WOW!!
Of all the BFG games I've played this one has got to one of the very best...
Fantastic graphics
Imaginative (and fun) minigames
Real quirky story line
And this has an excellent hidden object layout.
Not too many objects and mostly they are in positions where you would expect them to be.
(Unlike some other games where the objects are so badly hidden you give up looking for them!)
So great stuff BFG.
Are you getting any more from these designers?
Hope so

Jobo34
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by Jobo34 on Jul 1, 10 10:23 AM
Thistle 809 sayes it beautifully! I'm a DITTO! Loved IT!!

SavemeJack
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by SavemeJack on Jul 5, 10 1:23 AM
I do have to agree with KrissyWillow about the animal abuse. Just finished Chapter 4, or maybe 5, where you have to revive the dog. You had to take a wet rope and tie it to the power source and then to the dog. The dog was shocked by the power surges at least 3 times before he got up. It was painful to watch.

It is a funny game, with a lot of little animation you would not notice unless you stayed on a scene for a long time. It is challenging, but not all that hard. The people who thought up this game were some sick people. I think that is why I am rushing to finish it and be done with it.

Guess this is just not my sense of humor - and I see I am in the minority here, so I will end by saying enjoy playing the game. And hope you had a great 4th. We owe so much to our servicemen and their mothers and fathers, who I am sure await in terror to hear when their children are going to be coming home - or not, and if coming home, will they be maimed for life? They are so young and so innocent to be put in those kinds of situations.

Peace to all, and may all our men and women come home safe and sound.

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 1:24:29 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Jul 5, 10 2:45 AM
I've been waiting for awhile to figure out how to approach this review, but now I can--I didn't want the game to end! The previous "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe" was fraught w/serious hidden object scenes and inventory stuff--this one is full of fun and interaction w/some really curious characters. The hidden object scenes are sometimes a bit tough, but the hint system is generous. Although there's not any real voice-acting, the sound effects from the characters (particularly the monkey) are a hoot. I would give this one high marks on enjoyability and hope that there's another one like this in the making. (P.S.--skip the "Turtle Race" puzzle--it's WAY tough).

(P.P.S.) Have to agree w/SavemeJack--the best summer birthday gift for this country would be to welcome all our military folks home safe, sane, and healthy!

Edited on 07/05/2010 at 2:49:55 AM PST

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Jul 6, 10 10:42 AM
fai_fai wrote:I recommend trying the first game - "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe". It's very good.

kenneve
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by kenneve on Jul 6, 10 10:43 AM
fai_fai wrote:I recommend trying the first game - "Adventures of Robinson Crusoe". It's very good.

Thanks very much

admiral1133
Minnow
Minnow
228 Posts

[Post New]by admiral1133 on Jul 8, 10 10:30 PM
Kept me busy. Some of the items are just "in the dark" and can't be found without a hint. Drove me crazy. I hate dark games. This is a good game and fun to play. Takes awhile to finish and the mini puzzles are quite amusing. Some can not be done without going to the walkthru, such as LLRLRLRBBUULLUURRLLDDD. Why do they do this to games. No one wants to figure that out. Just too lame. I recommend this game. i definately did NOT like the end MAZE cave puzzle. Just tedious and boring. I did not finish the game because I did not want to GO THRU A MAZE PROBLEM with arms and legs hanging out of my backpack! HA. Have fun.

[Post New]by Wagner83 on Jul 15, 10 9:06 PM
I am loving this game! And what set it all off for me was nostalgia, right from the get-go. I can't believe there are this many posts about this game and not one of them mentions all the references to the Monkey Island games! From the opening scene (Somewhere deep in the Caribbean...) to "Guywood" to the Feathersword Master and the men of low morals, there are tons of tributes to the Monkey Island games, which I have absolutely adored since I was a kid.

MI nostalgia aside, the game is great on its own and I wish there were more like it!

[Post New]by Ancientsymbols on Jul 28, 10 8:20 AM
This game is cute as a button. I really enjoyed the characters, graphics, scenes and colors. This was a lot of fun. smile....

meanbusiness
Guppy
Guppy
186 Posts

[Post New]by meanbusiness on Jul 31, 10 12:00 AM
jillaroogirl wrote:I am really enjoying this game so much I bought it. I like the different scenarios and the mini games are nicely mixed. To win the item it 'blue' can be quite challenging, some of which I had to skip. The graphics are fantastic as well.

The only thing I'm not a fan of is the bottle potion thing - what's the point?

No tie in with the potion/bottle thing. I agree.... What is the point, or did we miss something?

kroozkitty
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,144 Posts

[Post New]by kroozkitty on Sep 8, 10 9:25 AM
Just finished....

Great game, very long.... and most importantly, VERY ENTERTAINING !!

Me likes.

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Sep 8, 10 7:32 PM
This game is a gem. Lovely graphics, jaunty music, crafty HOGs, tricky and fun puzzles and laugh out loud moments. 5 stars.

aster_125
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by aster_125 on Sep 9, 10 11:01 AM
bribling wrote:Love it! Beautiful graphics and wonderful humor! It is sometimes harder than it seems. I loved the animations too. I was so fascinated with the ballerina that I kept forgetting what i was looking for. The Hints are a fast reload and give obvious clues. I do not know how long it is and son't care. I purchased it with 18 min. left and if it ends in 18 min. I'll still be happy (but disappointed). Thanks BFG and Devs!

Disclaimer: I am a sucker for good graphics and humor. The game could have been a turkey and I still would have bought. Lucky for me, it is NOT a turkey!

NOTE: Check the Options. I have a wide screen and wide screen was the default but caused the game images to be squeezed. I unchecked that and everything was fine!

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Nov 12, 10 8:32 AM
krissywillow wrote:I think I already posted a review/comment for this game. But I hadn't gotten very far at that time, put it aside for a while, and have now been trying to finish it.

I must revise my comments. I really don't care for this game.

This game is very mean spirited. So many people think it's hilarious. I do not find it funny in the least. There is a recurring them of animal abuse which I find offensive. YES I KNOW, IT"S "JUST A GAME". But that does not make it ok to depict animal abuse.

THere is of course, the poor monkey who is repeatedly given potions that do terrible things to him.

Then there are cats with tin cans tied to their tails, etc. in the background graphics.

THe final straw was the chapter I"m in now makes you repeatedly grab a coin from a pirate who then hits another pirate in the head who then steps on a cat's tail making the cat scream in pain..so that other cats pop out and look so you have to click on them. What the heck is that all about??? No. That is NOT funny, it's cruel and offensive.

Just my opinion but my opinion stands. I won't buy anything else from these developers if they keep up this abusive attitude towards animals.

Ok, yes I do know the game is about pirates and pirates undoubtedly WOULD treat animals this way. That's true, BUT this isn't a documentary.

Getting off my soapbox now.

I quit the game at the same time for the same reason and wish I had quit it sooner as previous scenes such as giving the dog an electric shock had bothered me. Frankly I'm astonished that so few people seemed to have been offended by this type of material. I also question the integrity of any game sight that allows this type of content. Yes, it is "just a game" but does that give anyone a reason to lower their standards? I know I will never play another game by this developer.

Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by 5552 on Nov 29, 10 12:08 PM
I wish I could find a way to skip a puzzle/challenge. Without that, I cannot continue..and cannot do the puzzle (race the tortoise). Does anyone have a solution? If not, I'll delete the game. Thanks.

Go to: