Re:Post any The Heritage technical issues here only

[Post New]by thatbonnielass on Jun 2, 10 3:10 PM
So I take it playing through several chapters then getting tossed back to the beginning again isn't part of the game design? And weird, my sound is dead-have to turn it on every time I play...
another update in the works perhaps?

shervy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shervy on Jun 3, 10 12:01 AM
same deal guys, downloaded the demo finished chap 1 got to the open locket and nothing from there. Done the uninstall reinstall thing and boot etc etc still nothing. It does look a great game so its sad to see it messing up.

MarcyMM
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by MarcyMM on Jun 8, 10 2:08 PM
I made it all the way to chapter 20 with the latest, updated version and then it conked out on me.

My screen resolution is set at the highest level. The hint button just goes off-screen and I have found everything I could find.

Is there a fix for this?

(Sorry if it was already mentioned, but 10 pages of posts is a lot to go through - apparently this game still has issues!)

[Post New]by dehegerty on Jun 9, 10 3:32 AM
This game has too many issues and it was not at all a pleasent experience..I would not recommend..Also it was not constructed with much forethought.. seemed like someone just wanted to make a quick buck on a game.. I feel I have been ripped off even if it is only $6.99.........NOT RECOMMENDED!

[Post New]by jlequick1 on Jun 16, 10 4:43 PM
Cursor will not access sparkling shower curtain

onetoomany
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by onetoomany on Jun 21, 10 11:51 PM
I downloaded the game last night after midnight and decided to play the trial version a few minutes ago. After entering the livingroom, I clicked on the hidden objects, I just had 3 remaining fragments to find and the game froze. Had to exit using task manager. Game is running on a Sony Vaio/Vista/4GB/32bit. It looks like an interesting game. I was thinking about buying the game, instead of waiting for the trial to end, and it FROZE. What's wrong with the game? I see there's a long line ahead of me with various issues. Maybe taking it off the site until it's corrected might be a good idea. The game looks good, but with this many problems it's going to deter a lot of people from purchasing, if they see this many complaints. Wow!

mitzi460
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mitzi460 on Jun 22, 10 8:22 AM
I attempted several times to turn off the sound, but as soon as I returned to the play screen; the sound started again. While I looked forward to trying the game, I removed it because I do not like sound when playing a game.

I am very disappointed.

Cromaxgal
Clownfish
Clownfish
730 Posts

[Post New]by Cromaxgal on Jun 26, 10 5:54 PM
FIRST thing I do with any game is turn off the music and adjust the sound which is always too loud as I have very sensitive ears. It defaults back to music and loudness. Won't be buying it

[Post New]by sanski69 on Jul 16, 10 8:26 PM
I don't have any problem with the sound. My problem is having an invisible cursor! No matter what I tried, restarting, going back to the Options page, no cursor. I was able to use "braille" on my touchpad. By moving around, up & down, etc. I could tell by color intensity when the invisible cursor was over the buttons, sliders and then moved around accordingly. Didn't make a difference if I clicked custom cursor or not. I was able to get to the tutorial page this way but hunt & peck is a pain. I hope to hear from someone soon as I already bought ths game. thanx

Edited on 07/16/2010 at 8:30:37 PM PST

[Post New]by LYNCHTWO on Jul 18, 10 9:54 AM
Every time I use a Hint it tells me that all of the fragment pieces have been found when they haven't.

HarriL
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by HarriL on Jul 20, 10 2:56 PM
Well, I guess I didn't have the locket problem, but I hae gotten to the scene that has the "axe, sheers, sword, oil can and key ... and the butterfly puzzle at the end. I have completed this three times now and each time the program ends the game and when I start over nothing has been saved so I try again...a little annoying.

dodogirls
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Post any The Heritage technical issues here only

[Post New]by dodogirls on Jul 25, 10 4:04 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

dodogirls
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by dodogirls on Jul 25, 10 4:07 AM
had no problem until i got into a room where there is a gate with a chest behind the gate, opened the gate with no problem but the chest requires a key - where is the key - well seems to me that could be anyones guess, only have 6 mins left on demo, if this is how it is going to go not too sure if i would like to purchase the game, having lots of problems with a lot of the games at the moment, freezing and slow motion seem to be the order of the day. come on bf we pay for the games at least give them to us hitch free

[Post New]by jobeer on Jul 27, 10 4:32 PM
I believe it is chapter Nine. They tell me all fragments have been found in two different roomes but I don't have all the chain to open the door nor do I have the complete wooden circle. I need the chain to open the door and a big key to unlock the gate to unlock the chest. I have done this game twice and got this far both times. I have not skipped anything and solved all the puzzles. I am really disappointed in this game.

[Post New]by Dick11 on Aug 12, 10 8:56 AM
Every time I complete the Creepy Tree section I end up at the start of the game. I click play and I end up at the Creepy Tree again. I completed this Creepy Tree section three times and I always end up at the beginning.

btshack4
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by btshack4 on Nov 15, 10 8:12 PM
Same here, I've got the three weights, and the hammer, but when I go into the house, it goes to the 1st entryway. Game played fine the 1st time, but since I'm waiting for the security keys for 8 games, the ones that do play are kind of limited. I got a new keyboard and I got @##$%^&. Plus, an offer for a refund for "the otherside realm of eons", and all this just after I made my year at BFG. But since felix is on backorder, I got a 4.99 coupon, and I'm afraid to use it until my games are back to normal. Going on my second week here without some of my games.

[Post New]by pat705 on Feb 26, 11 7:15 AM
My trial expired without ever getting to play the game and this has happened with a lot of BF Games in the past 6 mos. or so and error access violations none of the fixes work.

care___916
Clownfish
Clownfish
988 Posts

Re:Post any The Heritage low sound

[Post New]by care___916 on Feb 26, 11 12:24 PM
I am also having probs with my sound. I changed the sound to the highest and cannot even hear the intro to the game, deleted player with a new name and increased sound again to the max and as soon as the intro starts it sounds like someone is whispering, checked options again and the sound was automatically decreased. The sound in options will not stay turned up so I can hear the game.

To all the others who can hear the game, happy game day

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 26, 11 3:43 PM
It refuses to download at all for me... so I guess it's a skip.

nascatpat
Clownfish
Clownfish
749 Posts

[Post New]by nascatpat on Feb 26, 11 9:01 PM
Sad to say that the last 4 games I've bought have had technical issues. This one is particularly annoying with it's "let's start over" glitch. No computer changes, games from other sites play ok, just sad to see this happening often enough that I don't want to buy any more games!

Go to: