timothya
Guppy
Guppy
101 Posts

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by timothya on Jun 9, 10 8:02 PM
One addendum to my previous rave - just got through the bonus play (I savored it for a week) and yes, the CE was fully worth it and I think this may be the first one I purchased that I can say that about. I got an extra hour in a beautifully immersive environment and a fleeting glimpse at...OK, no spoilers, but there will be a third offering, I hope.

Game designers, take note - this is how it's supposed to be done.

Re:Your Comments and Review for Puppet Show: Souls of the Innocent Collector's Edition

[Post New]by RabidPackrat on Jun 9, 10 10:38 PM
The game seems to play alright, but every time I request the "Strategy Guide" with the link located in the lower right corner of the screen, the game crashes. I get a message: Error: Access Violation 0x004ECD62 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. I have to restart.

The game is good per se, but I want the Strategy Guide.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jun 10, 10 5:44 AM
RabidPackrat wrote:The game seems to play alright, but every time I request the "Strategy Guide" with the link located in the lower right corner of the screen, the game crashes. I get a message: Error: Access Violation 0x004ECD62 (tried to read from 0x00000000), program terminated. I have to restart.

The game is good per se, but I want the Strategy Guide.
Would you let CS know? Click on the green envelope, then the Contact Us hyperlink, then select Technical Issues from the drop-down list.

MsNona1126
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,880 Posts

[Post New]by MsNona1126 on Jun 10, 10 10:07 AM
Just finished this game...and...WOW...need more like this. Very beautifully done game. Great story, excellent graphics, music dramatic but yet suttle, mini games a bit difficult (on some) and I can't wait til the sequal. I highly recommend spending the 20 bucks for this. Well worth it!

thecatspjs
Lobster
Lobster
96 Posts

[Post New]by thecatspjs on Jun 10, 10 1:14 PM
I'm getting towards the end of the game and find myself getting confused moving about. It took me awhile to get to the conveyor belt. Just couldn't find the right path there. This gets a bit frustrating after awhile. Maybe it is just me. Also, knowing so much of the story makes it just a little bit less exciting than the first Puppet Show. However, I still love the game and am hoping the extras make it worth spending $20.

[Post New]by summertimefairys on Jun 10, 10 3:48 PM
mylilpony wrote:I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.
I could care less about wallpaper, bonus games, etc. The developers and distributors dupe their clients into thinking they have built the better mousetrap. think back to other CE's you may have bought. Are they now so special that you go back to them over and over again? A collectible is also some item that can be sold at a profit somewhere in the future. How many of your CE purchases will get to that status??

I agree it should not be called a be called a COLLECTORS version what is it you are collecting? NOTHING!! maybe it should be a DELUXE version instead..... makes more sense to me.

Edited on 06/10/2010 at 3:48:54 PM PST

bluedage
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by bluedage on Jun 11, 10 3:07 AM
NO THANKS! All the occult stuff is offensive to me. Games can be really creepy without all that witchcraft stuff people. You have a lot of games that I have tried that I have found that to be true on. I am glad I tried them out. I won't buy them.

Leanda1
Clownfish
Clownfish
513 Posts

[Post New]by Leanda1 on Jun 11, 10 7:24 PM
I know I am signing in LATE LATE LATE to give a review but.... I gotta say I did break down and buy the collectors edition because of all the great reviews. That said, I was totally disappointed. This game was EASY compared to the first one AND I finished it in a little over 2 hours. Hardly worth the extra $$. This did include the "extra game play" besides. All in all I don't even think I will buy # 3 when it comes out as the first one was great second only so so, I am thinking the 3rd one will be the pits!! Sorry fishes I gots to call em like I see em!

Itsupikachu
Flounder
Flounder
2,158 Posts

[Post New]by Itsupikachu on Jun 11, 10 9:45 PM
bluedage wrote:NO THANKS! All the occult stuff is offensive to me. Games can be really creepy without all that witchcraft stuff people. You have a lot of games that I have tried that I have found that to be true on. I am glad I tried them out. I won't buy them.

I did play the trial of this one and while I don't recall seeing anything of an occult nature, if there is, then, I'm sorry, but I agree with bluedage. Developers, surely you can come up with some good mystery games without sticking the occult in them. Please understand that some of us are deeply offended by the occult and want to see some mystery games without it. Also, please note, I am not trying to suggest that there be no occult-themed games at all. I know there are those who enjoy them and I certainly wouldn't want to take that away from them. All I am asking is for the developers to give us a few good mystery HOGS and IHOGS without any occult.

blu_j_10
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by blu_j_10 on Jun 12, 10 3:28 AM
Love it!! Have played it constantly since I've bought it. Can't wait for the next one, is there any time frame of the next release? I know, patience. BFG, kudos to you!

AlmostSilver
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by AlmostSilver on Jun 12, 10 7:45 AM
This was fabulous and the extra bonus was a delightful surprise with a lot of "extra". Graphics were great, the story line excellent and loads to do. Loved it. For those that have trouble seeing things, some items are pretty tough but I would say because they are so subtle. Loved the challenge of it. Just my cuppa and has replay value for me, for sure. I did not experience any technical issues in either the game or in the using the guide. For me, well worth the extra for the CE.

Edited on 06/12/2010 at 7:46:50 AM PST

[Post New]by marfa923 on Jun 12, 10 8:34 PM
I'm stuck where i'm supposed to go to the puppet storage room. I did the hidden oject series by the steps but i just don't know where to go from there. Is it down to where the weapons are, or by the desk and the owl. I can't even figure where to go with the stratagy guide or walkthrough.

[Post New]by polarbr on Jun 12, 10 8:56 PM
While I did enjoy the game and the graphics were really great, I thought it was a rip-off at $20.00. It was my first "Collector's Edition" purchase and I seriously doubt I'll spend that kind of money again for such a short game. The extra content wasn't "hours of additional play" at all for me and the game overall was pretty easy.

Good game, but worth more like $9.95.

I feel somewhat let down and ripped off.

yabbi
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by yabbi on Jun 13, 10 7:27 PM
Sorry, but this game is simply dull. Dull, dull and boring. I started it but have no interest in continuing; it's predictable and dull. Yawn. I am sorry I bought it. It is almost insulting in it's boring-ness.

zorroback2
Herring
Herring
302 Posts

[Post New]by zorroback2 on Jun 14, 10 3:01 AM
This was fabulous Game!!!!
Love it Love it Love it! Again and again!!!!

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 14, 10 6:46 AM
summertimefairys wrote:
mylilpony wrote:I finished the demo in about 45 minutes and I can wait for the $6.99 version before buying. People...there is nothing collectible about a computer game!!! I have said it before and I'll say it again, a collectible is something that is usually limited in its production, created by someone who has reknown in his/her field, or is something that is old, rare and hard to find. These CE games will never meet that criteria.
I could care less about wallpaper, bonus games, etc. The developers and distributors dupe their clients into thinking they have built the better mousetrap. think back to other CE's you may have bought. Are they now so special that you go back to them over and over again? A collectible is also some item that can be sold at a profit somewhere in the future. How many of your CE purchases will get to that status??

I agree it should not be called a be called a COLLECTORS version what is it you are collecting? NOTHING!! maybe it should be a DELUXE version instead..... makes more sense to me.

As a 'piggy back' to what you and the previous poster stated concerning this, in looking at one of the other gaming sites, they state these CE's as 'Premium Edition'. I don't know if it's the developers that call them 'Collector's Editions' and BF is like, "O.K., whatever!" and indicates it accordingly on their site or what. But, Premium Edition or Deluxe Edition would seem more appropriate. Just my take on this!!

[Post New]by puglette404 on Jun 14, 10 10:48 AM
well, i am going to go against the grain with my review. i bought this CE and the flux family secrets, the rabbit hole at the same time. after reading all of the glowing reviews for puppet show, i played flux family first. well, when i got started in puppet show i was sadly disappointed! the graphics are fuzzy and oddly drawn. there is no intuitive flow to the game play. sometimes you have to go back to previous locations and there is no clue as to why you should go back! the storyline is minimal. there is a bit of the story in the beginning, then nothing at all until you near the end.

the game is a decent length, i did not think anything was terribly difficult except the hidden objects were all junk piles. granted they were appropriate to the game, but still a junk pile and it was tough to pick out some of the items.

so my overall review is...meh :o(

[Post New]by lchughes111 on Jun 14, 10 3:52 PM
I know Puppetshow Souls of the Innocent regular version comes out 2-3 weeks after the collector's edition but come on it's almost 3 weeks!!! I want the game to come out!!!!!!!!!

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Jun 14, 10 9:29 PM
It was announced today that the regular version of the game will be on Big Fish this week.

Robsim
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by Robsim on Jun 15, 10 8:01 AM
As the game was originally released on May 28, I counted 3 weeks from that date to be approximately June 18 (Friday coming as of this writing). I had already decided that I would wait until that time (the 2-3 weeks wait) for the standard version/edition, soooooooo. . . .bring it on!!

Go to: