weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Nov 6, 12 11:33 AM
bekair wrote:picmans last post has me wondering

Why "off to see the doc tomorrow" why not Dr. and no punctuation after doc ? why not just doctor ?

does it somehow tie in with "friend of his neighbor Georgia"

and just whom does not speak the "Kings tongue"

The friend, or Georgia ?

bbt
For the doc l wrote earlier, it maybe could be an acronym., something like i.e. dead on contact.

Or the MD becomes a medium and has to moderate between two parties?
The "Did you feel that?" could refer to the moment, when the MD will be possessed by a ghost..
That would also explain picmans chills, he mentioned. And the doc in this case could be a person of trust or an assistant with scientific skills.

Just thinking..

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 11:33 AM
Andrew
First off, YAY SOMETHING OUT OF THIS FANBASE THAT CAN BE CONSIDERED CREEPYPASTA!! Second, you just took one of the creepiest, sick, gothic and most controversial big fish games

And made it into a brilliant love story

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 11:34 AM
Love it Andrew!!

ccalvert2007
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by ccalvert2007 on Nov 6, 12 11:35 AM
Going back to the Narnia clue. In Prince Caspian the 4 Pevensie children are waiting for their train to go back to school when they are magically whisked away to a beach near a ruined castle. They recognise it as a place from Narnia where they find the treasure room, where they hid their weapons from Narina.

Peter had his Sword & Sheild
Lucy had her bottle of Magic Cordial & Dagger
Susan had her Bow & Arrows. However her magical HORN for summoning help is MISSING.

Horn is another word for TELEPHONE (in the UK) or maybe its the cause of all the problems in Shadow Lake???

All the Prince Caspian info came from my Neice, who is 8 years old.

Hondo
Clownfish
Clownfish
588 Posts

[Post New]by Hondo on Nov 6, 12 11:36 AM
Wow, that was might impressive AndrewB179!

On a totally different note, I remember Picman saying that he was going in to see the doc today. I'm not sure if he's back yet... When he does get back, I'm sure he'll stop by with another clue.

Also, I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination.

Happy sleuthing!

-Hondo

Ismene
Flounder
Flounder
2,095 Posts

[Post New]by Ismene on Nov 6, 12 11:37 AM
Bordrblaze wrote:

Let's see: as Master Detective, I have broken into numerous homes, cars and businesses.

I will steal anything not nailed down and if it is I will find the hammer and get it anyways.

I can find the key to any lock and if I can't, I will pick it or whack it with a crowbar. I know where you hide all your valuables and secrets.

The MD isn't quite that bad. Next time you replay Dire Grove, once you get the safe in the manager's office open, click on the stack of cash .

But yeah, she's definitely bending the rules into a pretzel. (At least in US legal codes, most of what she does would land her in court. I'm guessing there's enough similarities with UK legal codes to get the same result.)

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 6, 12 11:38 AM
Nice story Andrew. It does sound like Charles' thoughts especially considering what happened in EFR. Has anyone heard if we are on the right track or not? I keep checking for posts and clues and so far nothing.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 11:44 AM
Can there possibly be a crumb in Hondo's post ?

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 11:44 AM
Eoarod wrote:OH! Does this mean he ONLY wanted "Talon" for the "Oh bird of prey?" it MUST mean that...*smacks self*....but Hondo said we had that one 1/2 right?

I said that some pages back, but my whole post got ignored.

Mimisix
Guppy
Guppy
196 Posts

[Post New]by Mimisix on Nov 6, 12 11:47 AM
"Also, I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination".

Does this possibly mean the clues on FB are leading us astray?

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 11:49 AM
Mimisix wrote:"Also, I must warn you all to be careful where you go looking for clues. Not all paths lead to the same destination".

Does this possibly mean the clues on FB are leading us astray?

Not necessarily though could be so. But we do know they are not connected to Hondo's and Picman's clues or so Hondo wrote the other day.

But wouldn't it be funny if everything posted there are red herrings ?

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 11:53:01 AM PST

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 6, 12 11:54 AM
GameLvr30 wrote:I don't see how Sunny and Violet Baudelaire makes sense for the "Offshore Vile Welt" author clue.

The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire seems to fit better. I don't know maybe Hondo made a mistake. If he didn't I hope we get an explanation of how children's books fit into a MCF game.

He just wanted the author, not what he wrote. Violet and Sunny was solved so I said Baudelaire was correct, in that case.

AndrewB179
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by AndrewB179 on Nov 6, 12 11:54 AM
Thanks, all.

Like I said, my job gives me plenty of time to think. And when my mind starts wandering...

As for the clue... I still have no idea. (Somehow, I'm not sure the fact that Georgia the state is right next to Alabama - which contains both a town named Huntsville and a Shadow Lake - is at all relevant. )

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Nov 6, 12 11:55 AM
Spec about a clue in "some things never change. No please" thread.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 6, 12 11:59 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
GameLvr30 wrote:I don't see how Sunny and Violet Baudelaire makes sense for the "Offshore Vile Welt" author clue.

The Flowers of Evil by Charles Baudelaire seems to fit better. I don't know maybe Hondo made a mistake. If he didn't I hope we get an explanation of how children's books fit into a MCF game.

He just wanted the author, not what he wrote. Violet and Sunny was solved so I said Baudelaire was correct, in that case.

Actually, we needed to decipher the title anagram to get to the author but Baudelaire wasn't the solution we were looking for anyway.

Check out my CC on pg. 86 so you can get caught up on the clues that have been solved already and those that are still unsolved.

Edited on 11/06/2012 at 12:00:39 PM PST

Fargosis16
Minnow
Minnow
267 Posts

[Post New]by Fargosis16 on Nov 6, 12 12:01 PM
Ismene wrote:
Bordrblaze wrote:

Let's see: as Master Detective, I have broken into numerous homes, cars and businesses.

I will steal anything not nailed down and if it is I will find the hammer and get it anyways.

I can find the key to any lock and if I can't, I will pick it or whack it with a crowbar. I know where you hide all your valuables and secrets.

The MD isn't quite that bad. Next time you replay Dire Grove, once you get the safe in the manager's office open, click on the stack of cash .

But yeah, she's definitely bending the rules into a pretzel. (At least in US legal codes, most of what she does would land her in court. I'm guessing there's enough similarities with UK legal codes to get the same result.)

I keep hearing about a mcf fanfic where the detective and Charles go to court over the events in RTR XD I have yet to find it DX

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 12:05 PM
1_of_5 wrote:Spec about a clue in "some things never change. No please" thread.

Sorry, not understanding you?

1_of_5
Marlin
Marlin
8,238 Posts

[Post New]by 1_of_5 on Nov 6, 12 12:08 PM
There's a thread called that. There is spec going on about a clue in it.

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 6, 12 12:09 PM
1_of_5 wrote:There's a thread called that. There is spec going on about a clue in it.

Maybe that's what Hondo was referring to?

Rockingmum
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Rockingmum on Nov 6, 12 12:10 PM
Doc: * document/ paper
* doctrine
* act
* documentary
* documentation
* master
* doctor
* doctorate
* candidate for a doctor's degree
* lecturer

Well, have fun with it.
It's the last thing today that I looked for,
I hope in the "right ( raid) path".

My head officially hurts and I'm sure I will be dreaming about the greek alphabet.
Soooo happy that THAT clue got solved!
Yeay Fishies!

Goooooooooooodnight pond!!!

Go to: