Re:Post any Dark Manor: A Hidden Object Mystery! iOS technical issues here only

[Post New]by coheedfan1 on Jun 20, 15 12:52 AM
help the gemini stautes have disappeared?? what happened? I lost my manors and I found them very helpful in attempting to level up my new ones... i am very sad that i lost my manors, i had opened the levels to split sandy and now nothing.. and the statues are gone too please bring them back.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Jun 26, 15 7:50 PM
There is some sort of window layering issue, whereby items in the grounds get selected when we're on another screen. It used to happen to a manor or two and not everyday. Lately, nearly every daily reward screen has that problem. Also in neighbours section, the tap picks up something from the grounds instead of pinning someone or accepting an invite. It does not take much time to cancel the edit and return to neighbours, but why should this occur?

DM should just remove that constant edit feature, and put in an edit button.

doofus09
Herring
Herring
351 Posts

[Post New]by doofus09 on Jun 30, 15 6:19 PM
Synchronizing.

The fussy spirits make mischief every few minutes. It usually only lasts a few seconds but appear often enough to annoy.

This error will not go away during or after pinning neighbours. DM needs to be restarted to keep playing.

And not to mention the recurring crashes, esp when tapping the neighbour icon.

[Post New]by Crystal2love on Jul 10, 15 8:27 PM

Gold Bars!!!!!

Can anyone tell me why when I win the Jackpot I receive less than 20 gold bars when that is supposedly the amount I am supposed to win?!?!?! I have won numerous times and sometimes I only receive 11!!

[Post New]by CeeJayJay on Aug 27, 15 7:33 AM
Since updating to Windows 10, Dark Manor will not launch. I get the message "cannot support monitor resolution." I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I am able to monitor my account on my iPhone, but I prefer to play on my PC and have never had trouble before upgrading to Windows 10.

[Post New]by CeeJayJay on Aug 27, 15 10:17 AM
@crystal2love
Twenty is the maximum amount possible, but what you receive varies based on how much you bid, which exact symbols line up, and the placement of the symbols, e.g. all three matched across the top row, or in a diagonal, or two matching symbols and a wild card, etc. All possible outcomes result in different payoffs, but on the menu before you start actually bidding and spinning, there is a button you can click that will show you the varying possibilities and their corresponding rewards.

[Post New]by CeeJayJay on Sep 1, 15 11:24 PM
I've been waiting for a response to my initial post for a few days now and I don't know the usual response time, but just in case the lack of response is due to my post simply being overlooked, I am posting this a second time. I hope nobody minds.

Since updating to Windows 10, Dark Manor will not launch. I get the message "cannot support monitor resolution." I have already tried uninstalling and reinstalling the game. I am able to monitor my account on my iPhone, but I prefer to play on my PC and have never had trouble before upgrading to Windows 10.

[Post New]by AudioGames on Sep 17, 15 4:17 PM
I can't say for certain that this is an iOS issue, but I suspect it is. Yesterday I upgraded my iPhone and iPad to iOS 9 (along with a zillion others). Since then both devices have been fine, except for erratic sounds from Dark Manor. No more howls at night or roosters in the morning, just an annoying thump.

As I've read the announcement that there will be no more work done on Dark Manor I don't expect it to be fixed, but if this is an iOS issue, many more will be disappointed in losing there eerie DM sounds.

Has anyone else experienced this yet?

[Post New]by bogiek54 on Oct 4, 15 1:47 PM
Running on iPad. 60 days and did not receive 2 volcanos. day 1 through day 30 work OK, just no final rewars before starting over.

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Nov 1, 15 6:58 AM
I am having a major problem with the game crashing. If I am lucky, I get to play for 5 minutes before the screen goes black and the game closes. No much I can do in 5 minutes. I went to your help guide and followed the hints, close all apps, make sure there is plenty of battery life, etc. I have had my manors disappear twice. The kind people at customer services have restore them twice. I find it frustrating that I can not play a game I enjoy. I have talked with the people at Apple who checked the reviews of this game and found that a crashing problem has been listed by other people in their review. They though the game might be unstable. If anyone reads the forum, players have made all sorts of suggesting that might help improve game play.

labbug
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by labbug on Nov 1, 15 11:44 AM

Hi Buddytrex,

Having DM crash after 5 minutes of play sounds like it is really trying your patience. I am very sorry to hear of this situation.

I am definitely very, very, very new to Apple computers. My experience has been in Windows. However, I may have some ideas to try.

Looking at this from high above, two things pop into my head. One guess is data got corrupt within DM leading DM to fall on it face (so to speak.) Related to this is the possibility communication got garbled to the BFG servers.

Some things to try if one has not already:

1) Restart the modem and router.

After I did this, I have not had to reboot my machine in two days after a DM malfunction. This would be related to garbled communication to the BFG servers.

2) Make sure the hard disk does not have any faulty areas.

If the hard disk on your computer is not self healing, in that it checks itself for bad sections and automatically does not use faulty ones, then run some kind of disk health verification program.

Unfortunately, I am not being very specific here. I'd need to research Mac OS disk formats further.

If the disk is not self healing, and a disk health checking program is not regularly run, there could be bad sections on the disk that are being used by programs or the operating system. If DM or the operating system happen to land on one, BLAM - corrupt data.

Let me know if I did not write my previous ideas clearly, or if there are further questions.

labbug

Buddytrex
Clownfish
Clownfish
732 Posts

[Post New]by Buddytrex on Nov 2, 15 2:49 AM
Hi labbug,
I am playing on an iPad. I do turn the iPad off and restart but the game still crashes. Right now I play on manor real quickly and then close the game. I just don' t want to lose the manors again.

labbug
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by labbug on Nov 2, 15 7:27 AM
Hi Buddytrex,

Turning the IPad off and on would reset any data within the computer itself.

However, there are many of other places or points of travel data can become corrupt. The road the data takes from your computer to the BigFishGame servers is long.

One example is data starts from a computer, passes through the air to a wireless router within the house, then through a wire to a modem in the house, it then goes through a wire outside the house through miles of "wire" to an internet provider, then out again through miles of "wire" on the internet super highway for a fast ride to its final destination at the BFG building (unless they use an internet carrier, then it goes through them first). The data still has to reverse pass through one of BFG's modems, then router, then finally gets to the Dark Manor server machine.

Yikes!

Lots of places data can become corrupt if an unrecoverable hiccup occurs.

So, back to your issue.

How would one know if there is a modem and router within their house?
1) if a cable company or telephone company technician came over and did some voodoo magic
2) they left some foreign looking boxes with wires coming out of them somewhere in the house
3) one result of this voodoo was a wireless connection to the internet within the house allowing an IPad to access the internet

My humble conclusion: there is a modem and router somewhere in the house that can be unplugged, and plugged back in to reboot them.

If the customer support people at Apple did not ask for this to be done, might I be so brave as to suggest it?

I _might_ be able to help in determining which magical boxes need unplugging.

For the reboot process, if the modem and router are separate boxes, my understanding is the modem gets plugged back into an electrical socket first, then allowed to initialize fully, then the router is plugged into an electrical socket and allowed to initialize fully. I do not think the router needs to be unplugged from the modem during this process.

If the modem and router are within one box, just that box would need to be unplugged and plugged back into an electrical socket.

Note: after unplugging a piece of hardware, wait a few seconds before plugging it back in. This allows the hardware to get back to its Stable Zen Space.

Let me know if I can clarify anything. Feel free to send me a private message.

labbug

L_Amour
Clownfish
Clownfish
713 Posts

[Post New]by L_Amour on Nov 3, 15 9:38 PM
I have 2 games on 2 different iPads.

My main game is installed on an iPad with iOS 8.4 and is still running fine.
My 2nd game is installed on another iPad and it was running fine until I recently updated that ipad to iOS 9.1. It now crashes within an eyeglimp after loading (if it loads!). All other apps (games and other apps) are running fine on that iPad, except Dark Manor.

Dark Manor game might need an update on iOS platform? To make the game compatible with iOS9, and/or to apply the new app thinning techniques? (Such as App slicing, on-demand rerources for the game, bitcode).

Edited on 11/03/2015 at 9:39:35 PM PST

labbug
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by labbug on Nov 4, 15 4:12 AM
L_Amour,

Boy, the issue with the second manor on the iPad with iOS 9.1 sounds aggravating. I am sorry to hear of this situation. One is trying to do the right thing by upgrading the version of iOS, only to have Dark Manor malfunction.

Dark Manor, like all software on a computer, calls to, or asks, the operating system (iOS 9.1 in this case) to do things Dark Manor requires to run. New versions of operating systems may have removed or slightly changed functionality that older software requires.

In essence, Dark Manor says to the operating system, "Please hand me a fork", and the new version of the operating system now hands Dark Manor a spoon, hands it nothing, says no, or might look at Dark Manor with a dumbfounded expression.

Since video games are usually heavy hitters with video output, is Dark Manor being run full screen on the iOS 9.1 iPad?

labbug

[Post New]by Al4exy on Dec 16, 15 6:55 PM
It crashes every time I try to rename the manor

[Post New]by Andrew_23 on Jan 1, 16 11:30 PM
Not able to play the free game

bfgWaimea
Salmon
Salmon
2,837 Posts

[Post New]by bfgWaimea on Feb 10, 16 3:33 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that the game is crashing for some of you. To start, I'd recommend the steps in the following help article:

General Help for iPhone and iPad Games

If the issue persists, you can definitely contact our Technical Support Team HERE with your Dark Manor ID.

To find that number, just refer to the help article below:

Finding Your In-Game ID (Free to Play Games)

Thank you all for your patience,

bfgWaimea

[Post New]by cchrissykat on Mar 25, 16 8:44 PM
Love the game but just purchased 190 bars of gold for $19.99 and they do not show on my account. The money for the purchase has been taken from my account. I then purchased 8 bars for $0.99 hoping it would all catch up but only the 8 were added.

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Mar 27, 16 6:00 AM
cchrissykat wrote:Love the game but just purchased 190 bars of gold for $19.99 and they do not show on my account. The money for the purchase has been taken from my account. I then purchased 8 bars for $0.99 hoping it would all catch up but only the 8 were added.

You must send a ticket to customer support (press Help, located at the top right of this page) giving them your purchase details and your manor name and ID (a number to be found under the game's cogwheel menu- top left, where it says: playing as...) and ask them to credit your gold.

Edited on 03/27/2016 at 6:02:08 AM PST

Go to: