bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 28, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

Re:Post any Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings technical issues here only

[Post New]by MLC60 on Sep 28, 11 4:15 AM
I am totally confused. When I downloaded this game, it said it is the CE version, which I already own. I went ahead and played the trial version I just downloaded this morning, which didn't look any different from the CE one I had already purchased from BFG a few weeks ago. I was going to get the SE version because I was curious how they would end it, since the bonus chapter of the CE was the completion of the painting. Did I download the wrong one?

[Post New]by kara0818 on Sep 28, 11 9:02 AM
I downloaded the SE demo today and got the CE demo?? I thought maybe I read the title wrong but NOPE. Please explain.

MLC60
Guppy
Guppy
106 Posts

[Post New]by MLC60 on Sep 28, 11 9:47 AM
When I downloaded the game from this screen (Try this game, above), it said it was the Collector's Edition, which I had already bought previously. It gave me a full trial time, but I was expecting it to look different from what others were saying and from what the walkthrough showed. Maybe I'm just confused.

vadasgirl5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,006 Posts

[Post New]by vadasgirl5 on Sep 28, 11 10:23 AM
I have finally figured out how to make this game work I wouldn't buy the CE because it wouldn't launch. So I decided to try the SE and it did the same thing. It wouldn't launch and then was frozen. I did the control/alt/delete and when the task manager game up then I hit the X and closed it out and was then able to launch the game. It seems I have to do this every time I play the game..

You could see the game in my tool bar but it wouldn't open.. I just hope it keeps working now that I have bought the game.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Sep 28, 11 11:46 AM
Hello folks,

If you are downloading the Standard Version game but are seeing the Collector's Edition instead, please try completely uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a help article with these instructions:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If this doesn't help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to sort this out for you. Thanks!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by ntaydvm2 on Sep 29, 11 8:03 PM
i tried trial version of this game and about 10 minutes into game it would sputter and freeze. i unloaded and re-loaded and still same thing so stupid me i bought the game and the same thing happens. what gives. Seems like it needs a patch. I don't get any errors. the sounds starts to sputter and if i don't get out of game ina hurry it freezes.

[Post New]by jonibf on Sep 30, 11 10:02 AM
i downloded this game and onley get sound tryed redownding samething. screen is black or whiee help.

[Post New]by hydrogibbon on Sep 30, 11 11:51 AM
I'm in the volcano realm and my cursor disappeared and turned into a dotted line. I exited the game but will go back to see if anything is different.

[Post New]by tryeen on Oct 4, 11 4:12 PM
I am in the underwater world. When on the ship put everything in its place said location complete. Now can't play the last search on the ship to finish the crystal section. So now stuck needing to play that section and can't. Can't finish game.

sw0p
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by sw0p on Oct 9, 11 12:42 AM
In the Mac version I get the hall as completed at the moment I take the 4th star. However you need 5. So the game is now stuck.

Lady_Cav
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,363 Posts

[Post New]by Lady_Cav on Oct 15, 11 1:15 PM
Yet another game that overheats and shuts down my computer just like the Sacra Terra CE game did. {sigh}

I've contacted Customer Service about this just as I did with the Sacra Terra game.

[Post New]by ptrouse on Oct 18, 11 3:48 PM
In the Frozen World Small Hall, the buttons on the door don't show any pictures and don't respond to clicking, so no code can be entered.
Also, I get pixelation on the scales when weighing gems in the "Cabinet"

[Post New]by kelianne17 on Oct 18, 11 4:23 PM
I am in Chapter 2 the Forest Kingdom and can't find a oil can to oil the hinges. I feed the man and get the harp but another area doesn't open. Of course this happens as soon as I buy the full version. Any suggestions?

[Post New]by witget on Oct 29, 11 7:49 PM
I can't get to the Flower Temple as it doesn't show up on map. How can I get the oil can?

[Post New]by luckymyfoot on Nov 10, 11 9:10 PM
After exiting the game, I noticed the graphic says it's the CE on the 'play again?' screen...and also as it sits in the list of activated games, once again I see the CE graphic for the game but the game is the SE version...demo, trial, whatever. If you buy the game, I assume that Free Mode opens up. Anyway, I think the issue is just with the wrong graphic game logo, not the game.

[Post New]by pepitogo26 on Nov 14, 11 10:40 AM
Frustrated!! I was pretty far down into the game in Chapter 4 = the Dwarven realm=when I hit a snag I wasn't able to overcome. In the House on the Hill I set the clock for 4:40 PM (16:40 PM) and nothing happened! I was supposed to receive a sarcophagus key to continue playing but I got NADA! I even did something contrary to my normal reaction .. I re-started the game with a new player's name and the game went smoothly until I hit the same problem .. that damned clock setting again! Has anyone else encountered this problem? I did contact Customer Service and they were accomodating enough to issue me a replacement coupon for another game but it stil left me frustrated because I was really enjoying the game and hated to leave it unfinished!

acter
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by acter on Nov 28, 11 9:00 AM
I thought I already owned this game, but apparently not. So, I've been trying to download it, and my game manager just keeps saying "Waiting to download". I've downloaded a number of other games since trying this, and have actually quit and started again, but it just keeps saying "waiting to download".

Is there a known problem with this download?

[Post New]by OrionsRose on Jun 7, 12 11:58 AM
Finally getting around to playing this lovely game but unfortunately it overheats my laptop in no time flat! I have my laptop on an excellent dual-fan cooling pad but even then it's overheating very quickly. I can only play for about 30 minutes at a time (which is pushing it) before I have to shut the game off and let the laptop cool down.
Only a few other games cause my computer to put out this much heat and many of the big dramatic, lots going on with video etc. don't cause any issues so it's a curious problem.

Vickibenj
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Can't complete Chapter 4, clock not working

[Post New]by Vickibenj on Aug 3, 12 11:40 AM
OK, saw that one other person has run into this, I am in Chapter 4 and have set the clock to 4:40 and nothing happens. STUCK!

Go to: