bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 28, 11 12:11 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Reviews for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 28, 11 12:24 AM
I bought the CE and, like so many other fishies who bought the CE, was waiting and wondering how the SE could possibly come to a satisfying ending. And looking at the walkthrough I can truly say that I am super glad I got the CE, because without the 6th chapter (bonus game), this game is incomplete.

Apart from the bonus game, which was really well done, I adored the graphics. And gameplay and the puzzles were fun, interesting and entertaining.

Also, this game has a nice length - not too long and not to short - at least for me. One of the best games I have played.

All in all this game is definitely worth getting the CE version - something I can`t say for most CEs.

brewcan1
Guppy
Guppy
189 Posts

[Post New]by brewcan1 on Sep 28, 11 12:54 AM
i agree.Nice call Vaidy..

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 28, 11 1:05 AM
Bought the CE version and liked it! Not the best CE you could get (maybe it should be release as SE instead...) but still better than many others.

This is such a lovely game, a bit childish but it's a great mixed with fantasy theme and cursed theme! Graphics are colourful and fantastic, music are fine and puzzles are also great. HOG scenes are easy and the adventure part is also very easy, if it's harder it will be better! I will be interesting to see how's the SE end because the bonus chapter of the CE is what make the game end....

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A
Music: B
Puzzles: A
HOG Scenes: A
Fun: A
Gameplay: B
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Sep 28, 11 1:21 AM
BFG hadn't posted the walkthrough when I started my thread asking how many levels the game had, and I have now deleted that thread.

I suppose BFG had no alternative but to lop off the final chapter to justify the $13.99 price for the CE, but it just points out the problem with CEs: most of them are really just SEs with a strategy guide and concept art, which many of us don't use. They are rarely the super special games that were initially promised when CEs were introduced; they are instead a marketing gimmick to make more money.

It's a pity: this game was quite fun, and I would have happily paid $6.99 for the six chapters without the strategy guide and concept art, but I completed the demo in only 22 minutes (and I wasn't rushing) and usually the later chapters are shorter than the first two, so this is a no buy for me because the game won't have a satisfactory ending without the sixth chapter and the play will probably be only just over two hours for me.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Sep 28, 11 1:22 AM
I remember playing the demo for the CE and really enjoying it. The graphics and music were especially good. The gameplay was easy enough to follow although I found the ****'s a little challenging. The mini games were okay. I liked the SE demo too and think I will buy it. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 28, 11 1:29 AM
And looking at the walkthrough I can truly say that I am super glad I got the CE, because without the 6th chapter (bonus game), this game is incomplete.

So we are offered an incomplete SE game. Not prepared to pay double for a whole game and won't pay a SE price as a cut down version.

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Sep 28, 11 1:46 AM
thanks for the tip off. I rarely look at a walkthrough unless I am stuck. I will do so now

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 28, 11 2:54 AM
I just finished the demo, Great game I am sure I will be buying i just can't afford CE's anymore, I wish BF and the DEV's understand that people can't afford these prices, so I have to always wait, I did comment about 9.95 for CE's I know a lot more people would buy,I do realize DEV's spend alot of hours on there games and i do realize there worth what there asking, but the economy has hurt many of us..
Thx DEV's and BF for all your hard work on your games,.

Puglet
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Puglet on Sep 28, 11 3:08 AM
Thanks for the info on lopping off the last chapter to make an SE. I'm not even going to bother with a down load as I won't be buying it and I can't afford a CE.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 28, 11 3:27 AM
lovely62 wrote:I just finished the demo, Great game I am sure I will be buying i just can't afford CE's anymore, I wish BF and the DEV's understand that people can't afford these prices, so I have to always wait, I did comment about 9.95 for CE's I know a lot more people would buy,I do realize DEV's spend alot of hours on there games and i do realize there worth what there asking, but the economy has hurt many of us..
Thx DEV's and BF for all your hard work on your games,.

I'm sorry, I don't feel the same. If they wanted to offer it as a CE, maybe they should have left the ending in the SE and added one more painting for the CE.

I feel the same as MsFreddie. I hope others will also vote with their pocket books also.

honeyg412
Clownfish
Clownfish
985 Posts

[Post New]by honeyg412 on Sep 28, 11 4:16 AM
Thanks Valdy for the heads up about this game. One of the most important things I look for now is the ending in SE's. If the game has been chopped for the SE I don't even bother d'ling it. I started a thread a while back asking, "Will we be forced to buy CE's" which dealt with this same issue. Some thought I was referring to the price of CE's but nothing could be further from the truth as I was referring to "incomplete" SE's that render the game useless. As cll1950 said; "If they wanted to offer it as a CE, maybe they should have left the ending in the SE and added one more painting for the CE." This practice has become the norm for so many SE's and though I can afford the CE's I will not be forced to buy them just to get a complete game! Obviously this will be another no buy for me and yes, eventually our refusal to buy incomplete games will hurt the developers and of course JMHO

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 28, 11 5:19 AM
@textrekkie, am I mistaken, I didn't think the CE for this game
was eligible for the sale as it was an August release?

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 28, 11 5:26 AM
Sorry, I meant the Key Chain sale...which wasn't really a sale, per se. Should have said "the promotion", I guess.

Thanks for the correction. I edited my post, accordingly.

After consideration, I moved my post to the comments thread, since it's really not a review.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 6:22:00 AM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 28, 11 5:32 AM
I haven`t bought the CE, because I think this game isn`t worth two credits. Its much too easy and not really special. But I will buy the SE instead

seahorsequeen
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by seahorsequeen on Sep 28, 11 6:55 AM
I think this might be a buy for me,I love this game,it's got everything I like.Roll on my game credit.

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 28, 11 7:58 AM
MsFreddie wrote:And looking at the walkthrough I can truly say that I am super glad I got the CE, because without the 6th chapter (bonus game), this game is incomplete.

So we are offered an incomplete SE game. Not prepared to pay double for a whole game and won't pay a SE price as a cut down version.

Whaaaaat ? ? ? Now, incomplete games are being offered as Standard Editions? I am a person who really gets into the story of a good HOG, so cutting the ending off for a SE is a big deal to me. If the developers are going to start a trend where the ending of the games/stories can only be obtained by purchasing the CE's, I will probably be opting out on the CE's and ALSO the SE's of those particular games.

I refuse to even download the demo for this one.

Thanks MsFreddie for the heads-up on this!

Classicaljazz

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Sep 28, 11 8:06 AM
Classicaljazz wrote:
MsFreddie wrote:And looking at the walkthrough I can truly say that I am super glad I got the CE, because without the 6th chapter (bonus game), this game is incomplete.

Whaaaaat ? ? ? Now, incomplete games are being offered as Standard Editions? I am a person who really gets into the story of a good HOG, so cutting the ending off for a SE is a big deal to me. If the developers are going to start a trend where the ending of the games/stories can only be obtained by purchasing the CE's, I will probably be opting out on the CE's and ALSO the SE's of those particular games.

I refuse to even download the demo for this one.

Thanks MsFreddie for the heads-up on this!

Classicaljazz

The first part of the quote was from my post. Ms.Freddie didn`t seem to catch my name in the quote.

Anyway... to be honest, if I didn`t have the money for the CE, I would have still bought the SE, simply because

a) The graphics are gorgeous
b) Gameplay and puzzles are fun and entertaining
c) Each chapter is a separate story. So even if you don`t play the 6th chapter, just going through the first 5 is an experience worth having.

But that`s just how I feel about the game. I loved it from the very beginning, and thought the second chapter was even better than the first (something I couldn`t imagine after playing the first chapter).

Therefore I would strongly recommend to at least play the trial version - what have you got to lose? This is such a beautiful game with lovely animations and speech, that I would have bought the SE if I couldn`t afford the CE - as I said before.

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Sep 28, 11 8:08 AM
I was going to buy the SE too, until I read that it lacks the ending.
I also must budget carefully and can't afford a CE very often at these prices.
I don't believe that the answer for BF is to offer SE's that are not complete. It damages their reputation, and confidence in their products.

I buy CE's because they have the built in Guide.
( When I can afford one, that is. )

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Sep 28, 11 8:23 AM
Lovely62 left a comment in the other thread for this game "Comments for Lost Souls". I couldn't figure out how to transfer her comment and left the question below there and here, so someone can hopefully help us out.

Can somone please tell us what the ending status is on the SE if Lovely 62 doesn't follow up?
I'm glad you like the game....but you left out the most important info all of us want before we decide to even buy the SE not to mention the disappointing CE. We need an ending people. No offense to the original poster Lovely62, but maybe she/he is not in the States and might not understand we want to know how the ending issue is resolved.....not a spoiler, but a simple answer to the question: Does the SE have a satisfactory ending? Thank you very much!

Go to: