peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comments for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings

[Post New]by peglegann on Sep 28, 11 12:15 AM
I played the CE of this and enjoyed it but did not consider it worth the title of CE.
I will be interested to see how the SE ends, as the bonus in the CE, seemed to finish the game off properly. There are painting left at the end of the CE.......
Have fun all, this is an engrossing game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Your Comments for Lost Souls: Enchanted Paintings

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 28, 11 3:10 AM
People in the review thread have stated they will look through the walkthrough to see what is missing. Unless you've played the CE, how on earth can you tell what is missing from the SE?

I was afraid this would start happening with CEs at some point. After reading the reviews in the CE forum and hearing that the SE would not have an ending, I didn't even bother to download the demo. I won't be doing this demo either.

I won't be blackmailed into paying double for a CE because the SE is incomplete. I might consider the CE if there is ever another CE sale. Otherwise the Devs and BF can both shove this game, lets say maybe into a painting. I'm letting my pocketbook express my outrage at this digusting piece of rip off marketing greed. I hope others will follow the same path.

Since I didn't demo the CE, I don't know who the Dev. is. If someone could let me know, I'll make sure not to buy anymore of their games.

Edit; P.S. Just got the Beta for Cradle of Egypt, think I'll go play it instead.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 5:46:07 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Sep 28, 11 5:24 AM
Count me among those not interested in doing a demo
for an incomplete game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 28, 11 5:48 AM
joyce2121 wrote:Count me among those not interested in doing a demo
for an incomplete game.

Go, Go joyce2121

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 28, 11 6:04 AM
I had been waiting for the CE of this game and I read here it's going to be an incomplete game? Boo! I had just installed it and now I guess I will uninstall it.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 28, 11 6:23 AM
This was a game I purchased last weekend during the CE/Key Chain promotion and I have to admit I was surprised when I saw that the bonus chapter was the actual ending of the game. I wondered how this would be resolved for the SE version.

I thought maybe they would give just part of the last chapter, i.e., arriving at the castle, maybe one or two HOS scenes and puzzles, then flow into a bunch of cut scenes, then the end -- but something to resolve it.

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Sep 28, 11 7:17 AM
I been playing for a few hours and love the game the graphics are so beautiful and the music is so relaxing, I don't regret one bit in buying the SE..I am very happy that i buy SE's because i can't afford CE's anymore..I think some of you fishes should try the Demo, you want regret it, I try to give games the benefit of my doubts, sometimes i would listen to others and i would miss out,so i decided to always give the games a chance.. I just wish the DEV's knock there prices down to 9.95 for CE;s i am pretty sure more people will buy then holding out for the SE versions..
well with that said happy gaming fishes..
Kuddo's to you

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Sep 28, 11 7:24 AM
Will you go to a movie with no ending? Will you buy a book with no ending? I don't think so, tks.

[Post New]by Scarlett11551 on Sep 28, 11 7:51 AM
No ending, what good is the game? I guess we all need to stick together and stop buying the CE's. If you notice, almost all the "good" games come out in CE's first. They started by putting out 3 or 4 a month, now they are up to 6 or 7 a month. This month was horrible for SE games. The only good promotion this month couldn't be used because of the McAfee issue and BFG will not repeat it. How did they expect us to buy games, if we couldn't even use a game. I wonder if BFG was bought out by someone new, as they have surely changed in the past year. In my experience, when a good thing starts to go downhill, new owners are usually to blame.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 7:52:36 AM PST

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Sep 28, 11 7:58 AM
Rewrote below....quoted another poster's comment by mistake. Correction below. Sorry

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 8:11:24 AM PST

[Post New]by LapTopDancerr on Sep 28, 11 8:07 AM
lovely62 wrote:I been playing for a few hours and love the game the graphics are so beautiful and the music is so relaxing, I don't regret one bit in buying the SE..I am very happy that i buy SE's because i can't afford CE's anymore..I think some of you fishes should try the Demo, you want regret it, I try to give games the benefit of my doubts, sometimes i would listen to others and i would miss out,so i decided to always give the games a chance.. I just wish the DEV's knock there prices down to 9.95 for CE;s i am pretty sure more people will buy then holding out for the SE versions..
well with that said happy gaming fishes..
Kuddo's to you

Can somone please tell us what the ending status is on the SE if Lovely62 doesn't follow up?
I'm glad you like the game....but you left out the most important info all of us want before we decide to even buy the SE not to mention the disappointing CE. We need an ending people. No offense to the original poster Lovely62, but maybe she/he is not in the States and might not understand we want to know how the ending issue is resolved.....not a spoiler, but a simple answer to the question: Does the SE have a satisfactory ending?
Thank you very much!

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 8:12:51 AM PST

dianaluna
Herring
Herring
339 Posts

[Post New]by dianaluna on Sep 28, 11 8:42 AM
Count me in with those who cannot afford the CE's and will not buy an SE with no ending. Please take heed BFG--this is disappointing.

[Post New]by lilprincessred13 on Sep 28, 11 8:50 AM
Ohhh no!! I wish I would have read the reviews first... No I've wasted a credit!!... Just great....

sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sandthda on Sep 28, 11 11:04 AM
Very very glad I read the reviews before I purchased the SE - simply can't do another CE this month (as someone already said they keep offering more and more) and don't like the fact that they seem to be blackmailing us into buying. I agree - no ending = no buying - I mean really - what would be the point??? I like another comment I read under "reviews" - something about "what did mom just go home with a picture of her son and that's it??". It's a shame really because I liked the demo of this game - good graphics, music slightly annoying but not overly so, not too hard or too easy really (for me anyway) - but ain't going to happen without an ending. BFG PAY ATTENTION!!!!!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 28, 11 11:12 AM
I posted before, asking for the name of the Dev., as I have not downloaded either version. It would be great I f I could find this out.

Thanks

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 28, 11 12:48 PM
The developer is Fenomen Games.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 28, 11 12:54 PM
Thanks so much. I want contact them. Not that they will care, but I will.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 12:55:38 PM PST

layzeedaisy
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by layzeedaisy on Sep 28, 11 1:11 PM
Laptopdancerr - I went and looked at the end of a walkthrough for this game and, as far as I could make out, it didn't appear to be a proper ending with her regaining her son.

Thanks all for the heads up on the last chapter. This is a no buy for me without a proper ending. I am really disgusted with BFG for using this type of marketing.

IMO the CE wasn't worth the title, this is just a very ordinary little game with 6 chapters. To actually CHOP A CHAPTER to make it cheaper is just that - CHEAP.

[Post New]by OldtimerCat on Sep 28, 11 2:40 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the icon for the SE is the same as the CE? It appears that the SE is a CE which just adds to the confusion of this game!!

VickyWY
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by VickyWY on Sep 28, 11 2:57 PM
I have never bought a CE....why would I want to "collect" games? I thought from the beginning, just a marketing ploy to get gamers to pay more for games. I play all the SE free trials. I can tell from a demo whether I will like the game or not. Easy decision for me...like it = buy it. Don't like it = don't buy it.

Go to: