bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for My Farm Life 2

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 28, 11 12:20 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of My Farm Life 2? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:Reviews for My Farm Life 2

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 28, 11 12:59 AM
I missed TM farming games a lot and I'm so happy to see another decent one out today

In my opinion, I enjoy this one more than the first one. Yes, the gameplay and concept Is still the same with new buildings, new helpers and many cool new features. I think the day and night option is gone (which I love it ) but this time you will have ability to sell crops to Carlos to earn extra money. The game seems really long to, featured 50 levels in three modes (Normal, Expert & Relaxed) but you need to complete first ten episodes in normal mode first to unlock another two modes (which is basically tutorial). Graphics and music are great, story is creative and fun. I gave this an A not A* because it lacks of originality!

Grades:

Graphics: A
Story: A
Music: B
Features: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A
Overall: A

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Poem123
Guppy
Guppy
135 Posts

[Post New]by Poem123 on Sep 28, 11 4:35 AM
I have to confess, I mixed this up with a different game and purchased it without trying before I realized.

This is a well-polished farming game. It runs smoothly. It's intuitive and fun to play.

I only played a few levels. Need to finish TV Farm before I start on this properly. For an accidental purchase, it's pretty decent and I look forward to playing it.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 11:28:01 PM PST

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 28, 11 4:50 AM
This is a great farming game. I think if you liked the first My Farm life game, you should like this game too. This game is even better as the first one. Happy gaming everyone

donnaknight10
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by donnaknight10 on Sep 28, 11 6:17 AM
Thankyou for another fantastic farming/ time management game.

I also bought this game without trying, as I knew I would love it.

Thankyou again

Farmer Donna

bookwriter
Minnow
Minnow
215 Posts

[Post New]by bookwriter on Sep 28, 11 6:34 AM
I was so excited when I saw this today as the first My Farm Life is one of my favorite games. I have only played 4 minutes before deciding it's a definite buy for me.

Janette5
Clownfish
Clownfish
518 Posts

[Post New]by Janette5 on Sep 28, 11 7:15 AM
Very much like the first one, but enough interesting changes to warrant buying it.
If any developers are reading this - please put in a SKIP TUTORIAL option. It is so annoying having to play through a tutorial when you already know how to play the game and especially this tutorial which is very prescriptive!

Zolea
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by Zolea on Sep 28, 11 2:27 PM
[b]How did they get the cow to climb all the stairs to the rooftop?[b] LOL Now that is something I would pay to see!!
This is another cute addition to My Farm Life series. A definite buy.

[Post New]by Marinersfan04 on Sep 29, 11 12:50 PM
Just wanted to say a big THANK-YOU to the devs for putting in a Relaxing Mode. It's just that...a relaxing way to play and enjoy the game when I want to de-stress.

TKincaidIN
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by TKincaidIN on Sep 29, 11 7:01 PM
I enjoy this game. I was afraid it would be just another TM farming game. But it has enough different stuff to make it worth buying.

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Oct 1, 11 3:14 AM
This is just as much fun as the first one, actually a little more so if the dark and the thieves got to be too much the first time around. This one is a little more relaxing in that aspect, a lot more chaotic farming as it seems some of the quantities are absurd. But that is part of the fun, trying to strategize your purchases, manage your animals & machines, and pick those crops. I wish Carlos orders were a bit more optional as with everything else it can be a bit of a bear to hit expert due to I was usually short 40-80 on Carlos

mkastor
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by mkastor on Oct 1, 11 8:04 AM
Why is this on a rooftop? it's way too cramped...I finally gave up at the pickle maker..there was no room to put it! It would have been more fun if they would have left it on the farm and not moved it to a silly building!

Reviews for My Farm Life 2

[Post New]by doehillgirl on Oct 1, 11 3:09 PM
bfgRhone wrote:Hi Fishies!

What do you think of My Farm Life 2? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game <a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/180081.page>here</a>.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Katybug273
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by Katybug273 on Oct 4, 11 4:13 PM
mkastor wrote:Why is this on a rooftop? it's way too cramped...I finally gave up at the pickle maker..there was no room to put it! It would have been more fun if they would have left it on the farm and not moved it to a silly building!

If you haven't done so around time of the pickle machine you must take some time to organize your farm with the cross button, it keeps the game paused and you'll need to pack your crops together in areas.

[Post New]by xander32839 on Oct 4, 11 8:26 PM
Definitely a "must buy" for me. I enjoyed the first game and had fun with this second one. I've only been through half of the trial, but had to quit so I can use a credit to buy it. I usually play through the demo quite fast to get a taste of the game, then (after buying,) start with a new name to enjoy it from the beginning.

For those of you who like the farming games, this is the one to try. I still prefer Ranch Rush 2 (primarily for the cuteness, variety, and the fishing game), but My Farm Life 2 comes in a close second place.

I have only one MAJOR complaint: STOP the #!@* popups that keep telling me to do what I already know! They just will not stop until you do what it wants. (No matter that I'm trying to save my withering crops or fix a broken machine - it wants me to buy those seeds RIGHT NOW!) LOL. Developers, it very nearly made me throw my laptop out the window. PLEASE give an option to turn off the tutorials and help popups!

Now that I've vented , I would love to see more games from this developer. The ability to carry multiple products in one crate is sooooo nice!

MsHamster
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by MsHamster on Oct 7, 11 10:36 PM
enjoyed the demo ... i've played the original a few times ... will prolly use a credit for this one if something else new and different doesn't come along soon

why are there so many HOGs released for so few TM games?

[Post New]by Rosiemarieny on Oct 10, 11 9:11 PM
It was a fun game, the music started to get on my nerves though.

majicbird
Guppy
Guppy
116 Posts

[Post New]by majicbird on Oct 16, 11 4:09 PM
Loved the first one, so I bought this one! Seems a little harder to get expert ratings on! Fun game though, well worth buying!

moonflower994
Guppy
Guppy
136 Posts

[Post New]by moonflower994 on Jan 5, 12 6:11 AM
I love this game so much! you can play it timed or relaxed and I've played it over and over. I can't wait for a my farm life 3

[Post New]by eiceicei on Feb 14, 12 8:37 PM
Great game, but where is the 150 levels it promises in the description? More levels will be nice, currently the game only keep me occupied two days the most.

Few things:

1. I actually kind of miss the night mode. Eventhough I think it's annoying because of the thief, it adds to the game.
However, the thieves in My Farm Life are way too overwhelming, unless you have a lot of dogs, it's impossible to do anything at night but chasing away the thieves.

Suggestion: Can put back the night mode but with more realistic condition. Less thief (much less!) and if they steal animals, there should be a progress of them leading the animal out (for cows) or carrying chickens or sheeps so that we can prevent them.

More complicated but fun suggestion: put thief trap. The item has to be purchased and only good for one time. The thief would be trapped and has to help you the next day (say solely for harvesting or watering and they are slower than usual helper because they are sleepy and unwilling)

I also like the trader only come at night.

2. The accuracy of the picking. Somehow MFL2, it's more difficult to get the right clicking as I clicked and missed a lot, especially on machine products. This can get very annoying when you are rushing and can waste valuable resources.

3. Carlos. I like the addition of Carlos.
Suggestion: Carlos sometimes disappear for a while. When it happens in very critical time (say level 50) it gets very annoying and can cause the whole level.

Suggestion: Carlos will disappear for a while if we ignore him long enough.
With that way, we can arrange the time for the trader to appear or we have to keep filling his basket once in awhile while doing other things if we want him to stay there.

However, if Carlos stays the way it is, I have no objections.
(P.S: How does he carry all the stock down the stairs????)

4. Space. Very limited space. It works out fine enough, but more space will be better. Currently I never put in extra barns, carts or pumps because there are simply too limited space.

5. Sheep. In Hobby Farm, there are electronic cutter and space for the ships to queue, which is nice addition to the game although makes it easier.

6. Seed stack. Seed stacks are nice but sometimes they cover or getting in the way. Maybe keep it thinner and lower or use numbering system for the number of seeds left.

7. Free day, great addition. If only there is an option to know it is coming (like Ranch Rush, we know it's going to be Saturday).

Go to: