Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

Level 2.2

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Sep 28, 11 1:37 AM
I cannot seem to get expert on this one. Have tried 10 times or more. I always miss by at least a minute. Any suggestions?

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

Re:Level 2.2

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 29, 11 9:58 AM
Are you doing it on Expert as I have the same problem but get to within 10 seconds or so.

My general strategy is to get all the resource creating buildings up and running and then do a round of collecting then building/repairing.

The Storehouse is the pain in this one as it is well protected and I'm thinking I may need to get it up and running earlier.

Edit - did the Storehouse after the Sawmill and Farm and got to within a couple of seconds - he was just running back from the Barracks!

The earthquake that takes out the farm is also a bummer as you need food just at that time.

Back to trying again...

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 10:05:43 AM PST

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Sep 29, 11 1:04 PM
Finally done it and getting the Storehouse early is the key.

Sequence was:

Pump Station
Camp
Fallen Tree
Snow Drift
Sawmill
Bridge
Farm

While doing this I collected berries while waiting for the Water and Wood to arrive and built the Rope across to the Crystal.

I then watered to and built the Storehouse while collecting Berries and Stone and filling in Road Holes.

Then I watered and built the Mine and the Quarry, upgraded the Camp and built the Cobblers while filling in Road Holes and putting out Fires on the roads.

You need Gold to remove the Snow Drifts and don't forget the Crystal across the rope (I did this on my penultimate try!).

Keep collecting Boots, Food, Wood, Water, Gold and Stone and finish the remaining obstacles and final Crystal.

Linda1210
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by Linda1210 on Sep 30, 11 5:00 AM
Thanks for the advice! I am off to try it. I am afraid my problem is more lag than anything since it is much worse in episode 2 than the other episodes. But hopefully this works.

QJ31
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

[Post New]by QJ31 on Oct 3, 11 5:25 AM
The thing that finally made the difference for me (after beginning to get a very unattractive bruise from banging my head on the computer desk) was to hang back on collecting the clock.

I waited until I had three workers and I had just picked up some of the speedy shoes, then I sent one of them to pick up the clock to stop the time.

Go to: