bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

might get spanked, but i dont care, shame on you bfg

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 28, 11 1:43 PM
this is within tos, but finslap me if you must, todays release of Lost souls enchanted painting, as a se, with the last chapter of the ce just lopped off, is shoddy, you promised when the ce,s began that would never happen, you promised only the best high quality games would be givin ce status. look at my purchase history,(and i know you can) and you will see my dissillisionment with your site,

i went from buting nearly every ce, to barely any, the length and quality is just not there, and now, this, someone said whats next,,,, a sale of the endings of the games that were chopped like this one to justify a difference from ce to se,,

wouldnt surprise me one bit

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

Re:might get spanked, but i dont care, shame on you bfg

[Post New]by fairjuno on Sep 28, 11 1:47 PM
A sale of the endings? LOL! How much would those be...2.99?

I can't say that I disagree, but wouldn't this be the dev's fault instead of BF?

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 28, 11 1:50 PM
not really fairjuno. when Ce,s 1st came out, bfg promised that only the most high quality games would be accepted for ce status,, and they promised that a game would never get lopped off, to make a se, like what has happened with this games,

so it might be the devs clamoring for ce status, but its bfg that decides what to sell

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Sep 28, 11 1:56 PM
What's the use of a storyline in an SE if there isn't going to be an ending.

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Sep 28, 11 1:57 PM
You're right, bella. I bought a game like that once. I don't buy that dev's games anymore. Of course, that isn't the only reason. But still...it was a big turn off.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 1:59:03 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 28, 11 2:06 PM
i have near 500, games, and got most of the ce,s till about 6 months ago, they just kept getting shorter and shorter, with barely a hour bonus play, now this,, i wont even demo or consider buying another ce i think, and will for sure read reviews, or look at blog walkthrus, before buying a se, to make sure i get a full game and not a lopped off ce

sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Sep 28, 11 2:12 PM
I agree with you bella. If you could buy the CE's with punch credits I would go for that and leave the SE alone!! As it stands I will NOT buy the SE...

SandraSwede
Shark
Shark
14,103 Posts

[Post New]by SandraSwede on Sep 28, 11 2:30 PM
Thanks for the heads-up. I won't be buying this SE now.

joannickle
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
45,038 Posts

[Post New]by joannickle on Sep 28, 11 2:42 PM
Ditti: Thanks bella for going out on a limb with those fins. Now get back in the water and keep them straight. They need to be reminded that we are a sampling of there customer base and if we don't like something, there are others that feel the same way out there where the big money comes from. We are a sounding board and they need to remember that. Thanks Bella!

Poutoule
Archerfish
Archerfish
41,630 Posts

[Post New]by Poutoule on Sep 28, 11 3:13 PM
joannickle wrote:Ditti: Thanks bella for going out on a limb with those fins. Now get back in the water and keep them straight. They need to be reminded that we are a sampling of there customer base and if we don't like something, there are others that feel the same way out there where the big money comes from. We are a sounding board and they need to remember that. Thanks Bella!

I was waiting for the SE of this game but having read the reviews and chatted (spelling ?) about that in the forum I WILL NOT. I think a game with no end is useless. I now have masses of CE and what was a treat to start with is not anymore. They are shorter and shorter and in most cases the short bonus play only introduces you to the sequel.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 3:14:25 PM PST

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Sep 28, 11 3:18 PM
Wow...so we don't want to buy the CE's because the bonus isn't long enough. And now we don't want to buy the SE's either because they don't have the endings.

I always check the review threads to make sure the CE's are worth the two credits and to see if the bonus section relates to or finishes off the main game.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Sep 28, 11 3:28 PM
I've noticed several CE games lately that I've bought and discovered upon playing that the "bonus chapter" or gameplay was actually the solid ending that should have been on the SE game - and come away from the CE thinking I'd have felt very gypped if I had bought the SE and was left hanging. Shadowwolf is one that comes to mind. One of the Awakenings did that too - can't remember which one though.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Sep 28, 11 3:30 PM
Shiver: Vanishing Hitchhiker also steals the ending from the SE.

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Sep 28, 11 3:33 PM

Purple: What you're up to?

fairjuno
Clownfish
Clownfish
936 Posts

[Post New]by fairjuno on Sep 28, 11 3:52 PM
Jofer wrote:I've noticed several CE games lately that I've bought and discovered upon playing that the "bonus chapter" or gameplay was actually the solid ending that should have been on the SE game - and come away from the CE thinking I'd have felt very gypped if I had bought the SE and was left hanging. Shadowwolf is one that comes to mind. One of the Awakenings did that too - can't remember which one though.

Funny you mention Shadowwolf. That's the one I was referring too. It didn't seem worth it to me to upgrade...or fair that I should have to.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Sep 28, 11 3:59 PM
Thanks Bella for letting us know, I will not buy this game, and I'm getting pretty tired of the tricks they are using here, I had to update 4 games on the CE sale just to get the ending, and I have to update a couple more down the line again just to get the ending and somtime the ending is only 45min. that's catch 22.

When You buy a Hardcover book for maybe $25.- then some month later they sell the softcover for $7.99, You'll stil get the whole book with same ending

Well, I'm going to be very careful buying games from now on

cme550
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by cme550 on Sep 28, 11 4:02 PM
I know now to check the forums before buying a game to see if the ending is included with the SE's now. This is not fair to those of us who want to wait and purchase the SE, or cannot afford to purchase the CE.

[Post New]by gamineannie on Sep 28, 11 4:04 PM
I agree with all of you - the CE's are getting shorter and the SE's are a gyp if the ending gets lopped off. I have one CE (forget which one now) that has the bonus play in the middle of the game. Like an extra chapter to clarify the story. I remember wondering at the time if SE buyers would miss out on an essential story component. I used to buy many CE's, but now I check the reviews for each before even trying them. Was planning on waiting for the SE's on most of the latest, now have to wait for those reviews, I guess.
It may just be a game, but if the devs included an interesting storyline, it should be properly finished, with bonus play either clearing up the pre-story or basically unrelated to the just finished plot. "Sonya", for instance, had events following the main story, but not essential to the finish of the plot. "Love Chronicles: The Spell" had some additional action that came between that game and the sequel, stealing nothing from either. I wish more devs would handle things that way.

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Sep 28, 11 4:25 PM
gamineannie wrote:...I have one CE (forget which one now) that has the bonus play in the middle of the game. Like an extra chapter to clarify the story...

That would be Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend by Funswitch. That was an inspired move, putting the bonus as an extra location in the middle of the game.

Edited on 09/28/2011 at 4:27:53 PM PST

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Sep 28, 11 4:54 PM
textrekkie wrote:
gamineannie wrote:...I have one CE (forget which one now) that has the bonus play in the middle of the game. Like an extra chapter to clarify the story...

That would be Voodoo Whisperer: Curse of a Legend by Funswitch. That was an inspired move, putting the bonus as an extra location in the middle of the game.

Total Eclipse was the first developer to do that, I believe, in The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World.

There was a bonus submarine chapter in the middle of the CE, where you had to figure out how to get the submarine to work. In the SE, you would just see a cutscene of the submarine going from Ireland to the hidden world. Both versions end the same way. I thought that was very cool.

Go to: