bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 29, 11 12:18 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by step54 on Sep 29, 11 12:26 AM
I'll be back in 3 dazes, after its downloaded.

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Sep 29, 11 1:11 AM
Can't turn off custom cursor (well I CAN but then I can't get back to the game)
The "close"-button disappears as well as options to turn music/sound on/off.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by grannyq on Sep 29, 11 1:50 AM
LeneHansen wrote:Can't turn off custom cursor (well I CAN but then I can't get back to the game)
I didn't have any problem disabling the custom cursor. Sorry you're having trouble. It irks me when I can't disable it or there is no option to.

Jools_99
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by Jools_99 on Sep 29, 11 2:14 AM
step54 wrote:I'll be back in 3 dazes, after its downloaded.

I am having this problem also, but this has been the norm for the past few CE games....

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 29, 11 3:35 AM
Does anyone know how to get the WS option to work? I have tried the WS box, the WS and FS box at the same time----no change-----still the fullscreen with the black bars. (I have a 15.6 inch WS monitor, very new with all updates) It just seems that some games will and some won't and I'm clueless as to why.

LeneHansen
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by LeneHansen on Sep 29, 11 4:35 AM
LeneHansen wrote:Can't turn off custom cursor (well I CAN but then I can't get back to the game)

And third time going in, it WAS turned off. Hmmmmmmm? Well at least I can play now

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Sep 29, 11 6:45 AM
cbtx wrote:Does anyone know how to get the WS option to work? I have tried the WS box, the WS and FS box at the same time----no change-----still the fullscreen with the black bars. (I have a 15.6 inch WS monitor, very new with all updates) It just seems that some games will and some won't and I'm clueless as to why.

I have a 24" WS and had no troubles. The game started in widescreen so didn't have to change anything. I know first hand how frustrating it can be when this happens - hope it sorts itself for you. Not sure, but maybe it has to do with your screen resolution setting?

So far the only problem i have had is that the cursor drags a bit. I suspect if i take it off custom cursor this will fix the problem, but it's not quite as appealing LOL.

[Post New]by ChristineBrubake on Sep 29, 11 6:54 AM
I started the download for this game and then went to do other things while it finished. When I came back it said my trial time was over. I haven't even opened it yet. What's up?

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Sep 29, 11 11:45 AM
Thanks, crypsynigjht, for the help---my monitor is 15.6 so who knows?

[Post New]by Chaunceyspal on Sep 29, 11 12:18 PM
Same thing happened to me I downloaded game. Exited out of Games and watched tv for awhile went back to play it said my game trial was over....how do I know if I want to play or not.....let me know....Ruthanne

grammyapples
Herring
Herring
343 Posts

[Post New]by grammyapples on Sep 29, 11 2:07 PM
Why does this game not have a save feature?
After playing for awhile twice I returned to play again and I had to start all over!
Anyone else having this problem?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 29, 11 2:31 PM
Hi ChristineBrubake and Chaunceyspal,

If you haven't already, please try closing and re-opening your Game Manager to see if that resets your time. If it doesn't, I'd encourage you to try uninstalling and reinstalling your game.

If that doesn't help either, please refer to the following help article for more information:

Why has the trial period expired?

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

ValerieG
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by ValerieG on Sep 29, 11 4:56 PM
yawn, yawn, wake me up in a couple hours (or days) when it finishes downloading.

Ridiculous!!!! I'm into 30 min of DL and its at 22%. Actually, thats better time than the first 3 times I tried DLíng it, I cancelled 2x after 50 min and still it wasn't going anywhere. I'm getting a little too impatient and p****ed off

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Sep 29, 11 10:55 PM
Playing on a Mac and had some minor issues - the cursor would constantly freeze on its way to or near the inventory tray, pretty much every time I accessed my inventory. After a couple of seconds of circling it around it would unfreeze, sometimes it would freeze up again so I had to do the little dance over a couple of times. Annoying but not fatal. Of course I could have turned off the custom cursor to see if that helped, but I didn't - I just plowed through.

Also, on the mini game where I had to fill in the zodiac symbols in 6 boxes with no repeat of symbols - I solved the game correctly, but it didn't register. I finally went to the strategy guide and took a picture of the solved puzzle with my phone (I even had my daughter check it in case I was being brain dead) - I solved it correctly. Finally ended up skipping it.

[Post New]by LaraWright on Sep 29, 11 11:16 PM
I finished the princess chapter and when returned to the hallway I couldn't click on anything. I restarted the game and clicked on painting, then couldn't click on anything again. Restarted the game again to a black screen. What is going on with this?!

[Post New]by Idahonative on Sep 30, 11 12:41 AM
I put the last number on the big clock...and the whole screen went black. Thought "Well maybe it is supposed to do this, and I am supposed to wave the cursor around the screen looking for the 'go this way' arrow" No such luck. So, I think "well check the strategy guide, see if it is supposed to do this" Nope, not supposed to do that...and checking the strategy guide was somewhat stupid also, at least after I did it I found out it was! Why? The 'close button' disappeared, then I couldn't close the strategy guide, and when I tried to go to the main menu, it routed me back to the strategy guide. I had to control/alt/delete to get out of the game. I enjoyed the game up until this point!! I noticed that there were some others that had this problem.. Help!

nebulla_69
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by nebulla_69 on Sep 30, 11 7:38 AM
I searched the tech issues list trying to see if anyone had the strange problem I encountered when playing this game. Nope no-one had. I was several hours into playing the game when life happened and I left-off playing for a while. When I came back...this is so hard to explain... it looked like the game was bleeding or rather like someone had left a just painted canvass outside in the rain and all the colours had ran together. Everywhere I clicked the scenes shimmered and glinted with long pixel-like streaks. I exited the game and re-started but this did not help, so I exited again but this time I closed down by computer and restarted and the game seem to be working OK now....

netnanna
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

[Post New]by netnanna on Sep 30, 11 1:13 PM
"Unable to Initialize. game re-installation may be required", done it twice and still get same message. Off to techies for HELP!!

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Sep 30, 11 2:30 PM
Idahonative wrote:I put the last number on the big clock...and the whole screen went black. Thought "Well maybe it is supposed to do this, and I am supposed to wave the cursor around the screen looking for the 'go this way' arrow" No such luck. So, I think "well check the strategy guide, see if it is supposed to do this" Nope, not supposed to do that...and checking the strategy guide was somewhat stupid also, at least after I did it I found out it was! Why? The 'close button' disappeared, then I couldn't close the strategy guide, and when I tried to go to the main menu, it routed me back to the strategy guide. I had to control/alt/delete to get out of the game. I enjoyed the game up until this point!! I noticed that there were some others that had this problem.. Help!

Exactly the same thing happened for me too. I'm not playing any more tonight so I will shut down my PC and see if it is going to behave itself when I next come back to it.

Go to: