bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Fluttabyes

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 29, 11 12:24 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Fluttabyes? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

Re:Reviews for Fluttabyes

[Post New]by bickerlynne on Sep 29, 11 12:43 AM
Didn't much care for this one. No story and the instruction are rather sketchy. Still don't know what the ladybug is for. Can't understand the words being said when a match is made. Don't believe I will be getting this one.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Sep 29, 11 2:54 AM
This is an average match 3 game. For me the game is much too easy and not really special. I would buy this game maybe as a Daily Deal, but not for the full price.

gimmegames
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,231 Posts

[Post New]by gimmegames on Sep 29, 11 4:36 AM
Not much to it, but I think if there were more, the unique gameplay and charm might have made this a buy.

angelfishp
Catfish
Catfish
1,600 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishp on Sep 29, 11 5:55 AM
I didn't care for this game. I didn't care too much for the game play. As another person said, maybe as a DD, but not full price.

lakelly
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by lakelly on Sep 29, 11 7:24 AM
I agree with everyone else - this is a no buy. The tutorial gave minimal direction and the game play was fair at best. Played in "survival mode" but never figured out what you had to do to survive. I don't think I'd even buy this as a Daily Deal

gillydi53
Clownfish
Clownfish
703 Posts

[Post New]by gillydi53 on Sep 29, 11 8:27 AM
played the first level with no clue as to what the object of the game was then entered my name as requested which resulted in the game staying on the same page with no menu to escape , resorted to having to switch off my computer only to have the same page come up again and again and again . definate no buy for me not even as a DD .

rainice
Minnow
Minnow
293 Posts

[Post New]by rainice on Sep 29, 11 8:56 AM
I played for about 2 minutes and found the game totally pointless. There was no indication any goal was being achieved.

[Post New]by twlaughs on Sep 29, 11 12:08 PM
Its pretty, but you don't get enough information. What IS the ladybug for? I also got stuck on the high score page with no way out. Music is stultifying.

Fix it!! I think its so pretty.

BearKat
Stingray
Stingray
4,860 Posts

[Post New]by BearKat on Sep 29, 11 1:55 PM
With different (definitely different) music, more explanation or instruction about the game and "hey oh" without the little quirk of getting stuck on the high score page and having to a/c/d to get out of the game it MIGHT be more enjoyable. However the way it is now I couldn't wait to delete the game. Sorry Devs and it was a cute idea and could have been a fun M3. No buy here. Happy Gaming All

[Post New]by GrandmaCrafty on Sep 29, 11 2:12 PM
Hi BearKat, to get out of the high score page you have to press th "ENTER" key! I don't know what the lady bug is for either.

I agree that the game is pretty, but pointless.

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 2:13:30 PM PST

lovetoocraft
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

[Post New]by lovetoocraft on Sep 29, 11 3:51 PM
There are a few match 3 games I enjoy, but this one totally eludes me. I have no idea what I am supposed to be clicking on. If I had 3 purple butterflies and a 4th one next to either end, I attempted to change the butterflies position like I would in any other match 3. In this game, when I would do that, the purple butterfly that I wanted to switch positions with, all that happened was the purple butterfly simply became another color.

I have no idea what I am supposed to be doing.

I agree with the other posts...what is the point of the game, the goal? Left me feeling "how to feel stupid in one easy lesson".

Hopefully someone else will be able to figure out the point of all of this.

Uninstalling after only a few minutes of play.

Tink44
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by Tink44 on Sep 30, 11 10:54 AM
Gripping game play? I think not! Totally pointless and boring. Deleted after five minutes.

[Post New]by daisyduck352 on Sep 30, 11 3:16 PM
Not a game I would buy.. It's too boring.. some match 3 games have more levels than this one.

jentzie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by jentzie on Sep 30, 11 3:27 PM
about as much fun as watching paint dry. Anything more complicated for the over 40 crowd? Ugh!!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Oct 5, 11 8:29 AM
i absolutely luv butterflys...well just the way it is....so did the demo...ARE U'ALL KIDDING?... maybe for a 'young'in' who is learning or a 'fast as speed of lite' player or ....?
read the other posts to know what i am talking about...sorry...but
gotta say its a no buy...

[Post New]by mellowtraumatic on Oct 11, 11 6:37 PM
It's a cute little game. I don't hate it but it probably would have been a lot more enjoyable without the little girl voices announcing every time you made a "multi match" or a "combo chain". Their constant narration got really annoying, really fast.

muppetmel
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by muppetmel on Oct 12, 11 12:23 PM
twlaughs wrote:Its pretty, but you don't get enough information. What IS the ladybug for? I also got stuck on the high score page with no way out. Music is stultifying.

Fix it!! I think its so pretty.

Agree! It's pretty, something to kill time with and enjoy the pretty graphics but otherwise completely pointless. Definitely a DD if at all.

CLEMONSTWAIN
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by CLEMONSTWAIN on Nov 30, 11 8:02 AM

What a waste of beautiful graphics. I stuck with it for all of 18 minutes. I went in and out over a period of 3 days thinking I had to be missing something. Nope...it's pure frosting and no cake.
Better luck next time dev.

GeorgeTSLC
Manatee
Manatee
3,919 Posts

Re: Reviews for Fluttabyes

[Post New]by GeorgeTSLC on Nov 14, 13 1:47 PM
For those who wonder how this is supposed to work: As the tutorial clearly shows, you place the butterfly you're handed on your pointer in order to make a match, rather than switching tokens between squares or tracing a path or clicking a group--the 3 standard means of "match 3" play.

It's unusual in that respect, but not a problem for me.

But what strikes me as strange and unpleasant is that when you match 3 or more in two directions at once, instead of the butterflies fluttering off, they clump and stay in place. I don't like that, and won't buy this one.

Go to: