cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

CE vs SE?

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 29, 11 7:55 AM
When you finish CE, if you could let me know if CE extra play seemed worth it for you. Loved the first 2 Echoes but budget tight, so must be very picky.

Do like the idea of SG that holds your place and like the Devs. work.

By the way, if someone could Pm me the link to devs. site (orneon games) it would be great. My search engine is having some kind of a error fit. Wanted to ck out all other offerings.

Sheerija
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,451 Posts

Re:CE vs SE?

[Post New]by Sheerija on Sep 29, 11 9:42 AM
This is a CE where you REALLY need the SG. Without it you would be lost and frustrated and spend an awful lot of time going from the game to the WT, because this game is more multi-faceted than the Hope Diamond. There are so many locations, puzzles, items to find and place and HOGs. It is the most comprehensive game I have every played and it took me 6 hours including the Bonus.

Well worth the money. I really enjoyed it immensely.

Highly recommend it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 29, 11 11:30 AM
Thanks so much. Then it would most likely take me much longer and give me my monies worth as I am a slow player by choice. Love to drag out a game as long as I can.

I wasn't sure I would get anything but the SE as the demo kind of left me questioning if I would like it as much as the first 2. They were fairly convoluted also and a kept my brain busy.

Thanks again for your prompt reply. Have been saving a few credits for a good long CE.

lvfao
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
499 Posts

[Post New]by lvfao on Sep 29, 11 12:34 PM
Sheerija wrote:This is a CE where you REALLY need the SG. Without it you would be lost and frustrated and spend an awful lot of time going from the game to the WT, because this game is more multi-faceted than the Hope Diamond. There are so many locations, puzzles, items to find and place and HOGs. It is the most comprehensive game I have every played and it took me 6 hours including the Bonus.

Well worth the money. I really enjoyed it immensely.

Highly recommend it.

thanks Sheerija! your review is exactly what i needed to help me decide. i have the first 2 in this series (Royal House of Stone -se, and Castle of Shadows -ce...liked them both so am looking forward to this one! Happy Dance!

omg i am a herring now!

Edited on 09/29/2011 at 12:35:14 PM PST

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Sep 29, 11 1:32 PM
wtg lvfao,, the color suits ya

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Oct 2, 11 6:41 PM
This game is most definitely CE-worthy! The bonus itself takes a long time! I played the game over a couple of days, off and on.

This is a real "duh" for me...I didn't use the strategy guide so I skipped some of the more difficult puzzles. Actually, I didn't even notice the strategy guide icon so immersed in the game was I. I used the "hint" to let me know if I was through in a certain scene. When I replay this game - and I will! - I'm using the strategy guide to help me with some of the tougher puzzles...the instructions for the puzzles themselves were somewhat difficult for me to understand what I needed to do.

I hope all the minigames can be replayed once the game is finished - I noticed several were, but didn't see the main one I'd skipped. I'd love to retry some of them.

Again - if you can, do get the CE!!

CE vs SE?

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 4, 11 11:49 PM
cll1950 wrote:When you finish CE, if you could let me know if CE extra play seemed worth it for you. Loved the first 2 Echoes but budget tight, so must be very picky.

Do like the idea of SG that holds your place and like the Devs. work.

By the way, if someone could Pm me the link to devs. site (orneon games) it would be great. My search engine is having some kind of a error fit. Wanted to ck out all other offerings.

While the CE Version is probably COMPLETELY worth every cent, I'm one of the many who are encountering multiple different types of "technical glitches" and "bugs" in this game, that you're not likely to discover, during your short demo trial period. I'm not even out of Chapter 1 yet, but have discovered that the game didn't award me a critical piece of equipment, after I successfully completed an early HOG scene.

If I hadn't been SO THRILLED that I could get this game to play for me (I have NEVER been able to successfully get through the first 10 minutes of play, on the previous game - #2 in the series - though I LOVED the first game), I would have cautioned myself (ONCE AGAIN!), about how many of these CE Version games are not sufficiently beta tested, before being released for sale, lately.

Sadly, I am being forced to remember my own "words of wisdom" about this topic. Before you buy this game or any other CE Version, I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you read the "Technical Problems" thread, PRIOR to buying your game. At least that way, you'll be forewarned, BEFORE you start having to deal with the likely possibility that you're going to be VERY FRUSTRATED, very soon!

BTW, I tried to find Orneon Games on the Internet, myself. They, apparently, don't WANT to be found. Perhaps a fairly "phantom" arm of BFG or some other company, perhaps?!?!?!?

Rainbow

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 9, 11 6:38 AM
Definite CE for this one. The game itself is really long (4 hours and a half for fast player like me) and a really good 1 hour and a half of Bonus. One of the longest bonus chatter I've ever played! You will not be disappointed!

brooklynblonde
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by brooklynblonde on Oct 12, 11 2:55 PM
I don't buy CEs very often, and I have to agree with everyone who thinks this game is worth it-just finished, and this is one of the longer games I've played in a while. Also, the bonus material is a very good continuation of the story-nice to see bonus material that is original, and not just a retread of the regular game with new hos added. Totally satisfied with this game, and looking forward to another one!

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 12, 11 6:38 PM
CE, for sure. I just finished the game yesterday. The demo doesn't do this game justice. It gets much more complex as you go, and the bonus took me well over an hour to finish.

Tundei
Clownfish
Clownfish
653 Posts

[Post New]by Tundei on Oct 13, 11 9:17 PM
Does the bonus chapter have difficulty option?

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 14, 11 6:59 AM
Tundei wrote:Does the bonus chapter have difficulty option?

No, unfortunately - sparkles everywhere.

Go to: