bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 30, 11 12:10 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Gerabean
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

Re:Post any Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom technical issues here only

[Post New]by Gerabean on Sep 30, 11 12:32 AM
Attempted to play this trial...Couldn't get passed the Loading page..Kept reverting back to Manager and losing time Hope youse guys can cure the glich

dvdiva
Clownfish
Clownfish
911 Posts

[Post New]by dvdiva on Sep 30, 11 12:54 AM
When posting technical issues, please specify if your computer is a PC or a Mac.

Thanks!

LadyJane62
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by LadyJane62 on Sep 30, 11 4:09 AM
Same problem as Gerabean...I am playing on a pc. I love this series so I hope this is fixable.

addictedtofish
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by addictedtofish on Sep 30, 11 4:34 AM
Same problem for me (as above) - playing on a PC. This also happened with the Collector's edition except it didn't even get to loading page just the Big Fish page and then black screen. Been hoping for it to get fixed and was delighted to see SF as I love this series - hopes dashed. Have asked BF for help - will let you know if I get it.

bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 30, 11 6:23 AM
Hi everyone!

It sounds like this game is giving some fishies performance issues. If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving the steps in the below help article a go:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game is still giving you trouble after completing those steps, please get in touch with our Tech Support and one of our reps will be more than happy to work on this with you.

Please include a Dr. Felix Diagnostics Report together with your request so our representatives can collect information on these tech problems and pass that on to the developers.

Thanks!

-bfgRhone

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Sep 30, 11 6:56 AM
Another game that will not load/work. So whats new. Been a month since this game came out as a CE and there were complaints then. As I have asked before, do they even look at these forums.

anok
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by anok on Sep 30, 11 7:33 AM
I am having the same problems as the others. I have gone to HELP, but nothing happens.

jdelbove
Minnow
Minnow
266 Posts

[Post New]by jdelbove on Sep 30, 11 7:46 AM
I didn't have any problem loading the game but I have no sound. I have opened and closed it twice, checked the settings in the game options and checked my own sound settings but this is the only game I have without audio. I love the Awakening games and particularly loved the soothing music. Guess this will be a no buy for me unless there is a fix for it.

smilestogo
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by smilestogo on Sep 30, 11 8:17 AM
I too, looked forward to the SE, only to find that it won't load either. The game tries to load and then goes back to the GM. I've had several games with this same problem throughout the last couple of months and it makes me sad! I got the tech's to work with me and used Dr. Felix and my machine is in good working order. So. I'm thinking there are glitches within the game itself. They all look like such fun!! I did have music and it was lovely, but that was all. I've always liked this game site, but things are starting to go downhill, what's up with that, BF?

[Post New]by My97toy on Sep 30, 11 10:09 AM
I keep getting the message that the game couldn't be downloaded, I was able to download the collectors edition no problem, I am on a pc. It's not even getting to the game manager

[Post New]by My97toy on Sep 30, 11 10:12 AM
Mmmmm just deleted the collectors edition and it is now downloading, so we'll see what happens!

[Post New]by My97toy on Sep 30, 11 11:37 AM
Managed download and play it fine

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 30, 11 12:04 PM
Using a PC, loaded fine, but when I finished placing the gems in the box in the first scene I got a violation error.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Sep 30, 11 12:04 PM
Using a PC, loaded fine, but when I finished placing the gems in the box in the first scene I got a violation error. And the game was terminated.

RaceCat3
Marlin
Marlin
9,644 Posts

[Post New]by RaceCat3 on Sep 30, 11 1:17 PM
After not being able to play the CE of this game, I didn't have much hope that this game would play. I was right, it won't. After the game loaded (in a very small screen), it asked for my name, I entered it, it flashed a couple of times and went back to the game manager. I haven't had a problem with any other game for many months, in fact I think this was the first CE ever that wouldn't play. Funny thing is, I own The Dreamless Castle, and know I demoed Moonfell Wood with no problems. Don't need this game anyway, there are other very good SEs that are released, or will be released, that I can play and will buy.

[Post New]by margra on Sep 30, 11 1:54 PM
PC Windows 7, 64 bit, same error as the collector edition. Download without any problem and when i push play: "Error: Access violation at 0x0339EFAE (tried to write to 0x00000000), program terminated."

honeekat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by honeekat on Sep 30, 11 4:13 PM
When I downloaded the Game and went to play, it is showing as trial expired, even though I didn't even open the game :/

[Post New]by baglady159 on Sep 30, 11 5:03 PM
While it was loading it wasn't filling my screen...first time for this. I could see my desktop all around the game. Then when I put my name in, it did the same thing as RaceCat3 posted...it flashed a couple of times and took me back to the GM. Tried it again and clicked on options to see if I could make it a full screen and again got the flashes and back to GM.
I'm done. Not trying anymore.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Sep 30, 11 5:13 PM
Oh Dear ! same as everyone else, PC. downloaded, about 6 notes of music, then back to the game manager. so disapointing.

Go to: