bfgRhone
Manatee
Manatee
4,302 Posts

Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Sep 30, 11 12:17 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

 
adr8p
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by adr8p on Sep 30, 11 5:23 AM
I was looking forward to playing this game but after clicking play, i get a lot of black squares on the screen where objects should be and when there is writing on the screen it just appears as a black square until i click the screen and then the writing appears for a split second (not long enough to read) before going back to the game . wont be buying this game unless this problem gets sorted.

 
jwdoyle85
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by jwdoyle85 on Sep 30, 11 2:32 PM
I'm enjoying this game, but am stuck at the water room with the lava. The hint keeps telling me "You've seen this color pattern before". I click the colors on the lock in that order, but the yellow one doesn't respond at all to clicking.

 
weissvonnix
Marlin
Marlin
8,067 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by weissvonnix on Sep 30, 11 3:21 PM
Seems to be a nice game, if it would work.
Some items like matches, one should get from a hidden object scene, don´t appear in your inventory. l could grab items and they disappeared in the next scene. Without those items, especially the matches, l can´t continue the game. And l refuse to start over more than one time.
Disappointing.

ETA: After trying to play again without starting over, l got the recipe for the mushroom soup wothout having burned the milky way picture, but can´t put the kettle on the fire or add anything. Senseless to play.
This game has more bugs than bricks in a wall.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 3:30:10 PM PST


 

can't get a Play button . This is happening alot lately. WHY?

[Post New]by Syr713BF on Sep 30, 11 4:34 PM
bfgRhone wrote:If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>. Using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a> is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=166">Frequent Crashing of Game</a>
<a href="http://bigfishgames.com/help/index.html?rn=438">Game Compatibility</a>

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our <a href=http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/home>Help pages</a>.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

 
gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 30, 11 8:40 PM
Think I have about 3 different problems

1) Had to restart the game as the backward icon, to go back a scene was missing at the soup pot area. As I couldn't get to the water.

2) Don't know if it was supposed to be this, but after completeing the soup and unicorn, and going foward into next scene - the whole screen went black and I couldn't find a light switch or do anything.

3) On exiting the game (for number 2 problem, to see if it was a problem) when pressing the continue button, nothing happened. Went in and out and did everything but couldn't get the game to play again.

So as I can't even get back into the game again, glad I was still in demo mode and didn't buy it!

 
staciepie27
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by staciepie27 on Sep 30, 11 8:51 PM
At the very end of the game, I cannot finish because the screen where you are supposed to be finding objects that you have acquired throughout the game quickly in order to defeat ******** that go around in a circle, the objects disappear and all that is there is a swirly star sky.

Cannot finish the game until this is fixed, but otherwise a great game that i enjoyed playing for its originality and wonderful graphics. Hope there will be a patch soon.


 
cruet42
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by cruet42 on Sep 30, 11 9:57 PM
Downloaded Sphera and after it installed, I received the note that the trial had expired. I had not opened it as of yet.

 
orchidna
Minnow
Minnow
280 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by orchidna on Oct 1, 11 11:19 AM
The Sun disappeared from my inventory.

In the brother's room, when I was using the telescope to find the sun, it popped into my inventory without having been in the viewfinder. I assume it was under the right arrow when I clicked it and it thought I had clicked it in the screen. The sound hung up when it went into my inventory, repeating the same ticking sound repeatedly.

I closed the game to see if the sound would stop, and when I reopened it, there is no sun. The picture on the wall still needs the sun, and I can no longer interact with the telescope.

I am going to submit a technical support ticket, but wanted to let everyone know to be careful with that puzzle.

Other than that, it's a great game.

 

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by yvetteb_007 on Oct 1, 11 11:22 AM
Can anybody help me. I have received the following message but I know that the system I use is up to date. I have bought the game and cannot play it because of this.

You do not have a compatible display device or need to update your video drivers!

 
hubbasa
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by hubbasa on Oct 1, 11 12:14 PM
I made it all the way to the last portal and froze. Had to physically turn off the computer to reset. Restarted the game after a reboot and clicked on continue and it froze again. After another reboot, started the game and changed to windowed mode (so I could use Task Manager if necessary) - still froze on continue. Tried stopping other applications running in the background - still froze. Please ask developers for an update so I can finish the game.

 

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 1, 11 12:26 PM
cruet42 wrote:Downloaded Sphera and after it installed, I received the note that the trial had expired. I had not opened it as of yet.

I played 10 minutes. It said my time is up..not enough time to even form an opinion


Thank you BFG!!! (i feel like its my B-Day) my time was replenished .Great game!!!!!

Edited on 10/01/2011 at 11:07:41 PM PST


 

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by GeckoFriend on Oct 1, 11 7:55 PM
staciepie27 wrote:At the very end of the game, I cannot finish because the screen where you are supposed to be finding objects that you have acquired throughout the game quickly in order to defeat ******** that go around in a circle, the objects disappear and all that is there is a swirly star sky.

Cannot finish the game until this is fixed, but otherwise a great game that i enjoyed playing for its originality and wonderful graphics. Hope there will be a patch soon.



I'm having the same problem; any known solution?

 
sapphire46
Manatee
Manatee
3,740 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by sapphire46 on Oct 3, 11 4:19 AM
GeckoFriend wrote:
staciepie27 wrote:At the very end of the game, I cannot finish because the screen where you are supposed to be finding objects that you have acquired throughout the game quickly in order to defeat ******** that go around in a circle, the objects disappear and all that is there is a swirly star sky.

Cannot finish the game until this is fixed, but otherwise a great game that i enjoyed playing for its originality and wonderful graphics. Hope there will be a patch soon.



I'm having the same problem; any known solution?


Same here........

 
marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by marypenn on Oct 4, 11 5:09 PM
I am at the stage with the cannon. The first worked fine. I have the "real" cannon. I've got the water but not the cannonball. It has not appeared. Any suggestions? Found it.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 7:20:08 AM PST


 

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by patriciablake on Oct 5, 11 1:39 AM
I could not even get into the game. All I got was a black screen and music. Just sat and waited for a few minutes and dumped the game.

 
sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by sandthda on Oct 5, 11 8:52 AM
sapphire46 wrote:
GeckoFriend wrote:
staciepie27 wrote:At the very end of the game, I cannot finish because the screen where you are supposed to be finding objects that you have acquired throughout the game quickly in order to defeat ******** that go around in a circle, the objects disappear and all that is there is a swirly star sky.

Cannot finish the game until this is fixed, but otherwise a great game that i enjoyed playing for its originality and wonderful graphics. Hope there will be a patch soon.



I'm having the same problem; any known solution?



Same here........


I'm having the same issues - closed and went back in - object back in slow motion turning but not all objects listed - exited to main menu and went back in and back to objects flying across the screen at light speed impossible to click - HELP BFG!!!

Edited on 10/05/2011 at 8:52:48 AM PST


 
bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 10:43 AM
Hello everyone,

I can see that there are a number of technical issues that I would like to help address.

For those of you having display issues (including black squares, black screens) or if the game is freezing, a quick update to your computer might help. If you'd like to go through some troubleshooting steps, please take a look at this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your Trial Version is expiring before you've been able to play it, please exit out of your Game Manager and restart it to see if this brings the time back. If not, please take a look at the bottom of this help article:

Download a Trial Game

For those of you having troubles progressing in the game or having items disappear from your inventory, you may want to take a look at the walkthrough to see if there are any steps that might have been missed:

bbelle wrote:I found a walkthrough in the game itself. It is under options. Click open options of the game then click help. Click next until you get the page where it says extras. There is a complete walkthrough here from the devs.


You can also try uninstalling and reinstalling the game or starting over with a new player profile to see if this helps as well.

If you need assistance with any of this, or if you have gone through troubleshooting steps and are still having issues with the game, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to take care of you one-on-one. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

 

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by nanaboonana381 on Oct 5, 11 2:28 PM
im in the playground sent back with the wrench to open the grate in the ground. it says a window will pop up and i can unscrew the grate cover, i tryed with the wrench and without nothing happens any ideas.can't get any window to pop up so i can unscrew the bolts'

 
kimcol
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

Re:Post any Sphera technical issues here only

[Post New]by kimcol on Oct 5, 11 3:42 PM
hubbasa wrote:I made it all the way to the last portal and froze. Had to physically turn off the computer to reset. Restarted the game after a reboot and clicked on continue and it froze again. After another reboot, started the game and changed to windowed mode (so I could use Task Manager if necessary) - still froze on continue. Tried stopping other applications running in the background - still froze. Please ask developers for an update so I can finish the game.



I experienced the same problem with the game freezing my computer. I had the same problem when I demoed on another site. A shame since I'm sure I would have enjoyed it.

 
 
 
 
Go to: