Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

Mushroom Soup?

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Sep 30, 11 1:17 AM
How do you uncover the recipe for mushroom soup? I think that I'm supposed to burn the picture of the Milky Way and find the recipe beneath it, but I can't light any matches--not on the matchbox, not in the fire near the bee, not in the candle in the castle exterior. And you can't skip the puzzle--there's no skip button--or do another puzzle, like putting together the unicorn. I'm STUCK, and I can't get unstuck. And the hint button is no help at all.

Re:Mushroom Soup?

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Sep 30, 11 1:22 AM
That was a problem for me too. Strike the matches on the matchbox and hold down your mouse. It's difficult, but it's working by me. Good luck!

sfcali
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

[Post New]by sfcali on Sep 30, 11 1:27 AM
I think you're supposed to hold down you mouse and then drag it along the match box the way you would physically strike a match.

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Sep 30, 11 1:38 AM
sfcali wrote:I think you're supposed to hold down you mouse and then drag it along the match box the way you would physically strike a match.

Yep, that worked for me. Once you burn the picture the recipe is shown underneath.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Sep 30, 11 10:09 AM
I can't get the match out of the package, When I drag the mouse, it makes a sound as it is igniting but there is no flame. What am I doing wrong?

shadowandzeke
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by shadowandzeke on Sep 30, 11 10:13 AM
You should have matches in your inventory. I don't remember where I found them.

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on Sep 30, 11 1:46 PM
I think you find the matches in the hidden object on the floor of the unicorn room, but I get to the poster and they aren't in my inventory....can't seem to figure out what to do now....

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 1:47:46 PM PST

isis1313
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by isis1313 on Sep 30, 11 2:00 PM
all right, this is really stupid....I had to restart the game to get the matches, I guess you can't hold many items because if you do other important stuff goes missing. I had picked up the unicorn parts before making the soup and guess what, after making the soup they.......disappeared!! so now I have to restart the game again!!???
I don't think so.....
not going to continue with this

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Sep 30, 11 8:42 PM
isis1313 wrote:all right, this is really stupid....I had to restart the game to get the matches, I guess you can't hold many items because if you do other important stuff goes missing. I had picked up the unicorn parts before making the soup and guess what, after making the soup they.......disappeared!! so now I have to restart the game again!!???
I don't think so.....
not going to continue with this

Just on the outside chance, did you scroll through the inventory. I took ages trying to find my matches, thinking the inventory didn't scroll as it wasn't that obvious to me, realising I did have them.

Sorry to say the obvious and if it's a tech glitch, sorry! I have tech problems but I guess disappearing inventory items wasn't one of them.

Orbie1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by Orbie1 on Oct 1, 11 4:03 AM
I am having the exact same issue. I cannot get passed the mushroom soup. I know its at the picture of the milkyway but I cannot pick up the matches no matter what I try. I have tried everything in my items and tried dragging the matches with my mouse. I have literally attempted everything. I do not like wasting my time downloading a game for this to happen. So save yourself the problem and do not download or buy this game. Pick another game.

Lucy1997
Clownfish
Clownfish
852 Posts

[Post New]by Lucy1997 on Oct 1, 11 11:48 AM
It took me about ten minutes to figure out how to light matches, which was an annoying part of the game--especially since I heard the sound of a match lighting, but didn't realize that I had to actually see a lit match.

I don't think that means people shouldn't try the game though--in fact, I would encourage people to try the demo--though my second review in the review thread points out that this game is deeply flawed, so people might want to reconsider purchasing it.

[Post New]by basfan1 on Oct 2, 11 5:48 PM
OK, I got the recipe for the soup but I cant get the water from the fountain into the bucket. Any suggestions? I am really stuck!

Go to: