2:10

[Post New]by rob013 on Sep 30, 11 4:19 AM
Help - I cannot seem to get expert on this level - is there a particular order that works? Cannot continue til I complete this ......

It's okay - found a way to complete it - just trial and error I guess!

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 5:40:14 AM PST

x2kul
Shark
Shark
10,424 Posts

Re:2:10

[Post New]by x2kul on Sep 30, 11 7:42 AM
Lucky you!!!

I'm still just shy of Expert, but I'll figure it out, I'm getting closer....

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Oct 1, 11 8:55 AM
Hi there

As I am only doing the expert level, the trials and errors seem to end up just into errors, would appreciate a tip as when is it opportunistic to have the 3 workers for instance and should I upgrade to cobbler twice or just once?
Many thanks in advance

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Oct 2, 11 12:32 AM
I'm stuck trying to get expert as well. I'm probably within about 5 seconds at this point. Would appreciate any tips!

gmmace
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by gmmace on Oct 2, 11 12:32 AM
I'm stuck trying to get expert as well. I'm probably within about 5 seconds at this point. Would appreciate any tips!

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 2, 11 3:59 AM
Yep, trying this on Hard and have had many attempts but I can't seem to get within 20-20 seconds of Expert so any tips much appreciated!

tatajojo
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by tatajojo on Oct 2, 11 4:52 AM
Hi everyone

Just managed it: tip, click on these shoes all the time, don't be tempted to collect without them!
Upgrade to 3 workers from the start, then build sawmill, pumping station and cobbler...you can on your spare time grab various trees and bushes, build first farm and mine, upgrade water and wood to max before you cross the bridge towards 2nd farm and quarry, carry on grabbing trees and bushes build second farm and quarry,upgrade to max cobbler, then with the first hatchet kick big boulder and build the bridge towards the store house, upgrade asap, use the second hatchet to kick boulders and fill the holes between the tent and far end bridge, then you should have enough to start on the fortress, do not have all 3 workers there as it takes time and they won't be able to collect very important items, you should now have enough supply or near enough, try to end up with only two items on the fort and the two crystals to collect, the cobbler will destroy, if you have done well with your supply there will be no need to try to rebuild it as it will eat the wood that you can use on the monk, so it will be slow but manageable....
Good luck everyone, that version worked for me and I am sure there must be a more efficient and rapid way to do it.Use the watch when things slow down, but leave some margin just in case...
PS, once I upgraded storehouse to max, I collect the trees next to it and the gold next to the watch.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 2, 11 10:05 AM
Cheers, the 3 workers at the start may make the difference, off to try it!

rthomas
Lobster
Lobster
82 Posts

[Post New]by rthomas on Oct 2, 11 2:53 PM
I've tried about 20 times now to get the expert level on the "normal" difficulty setting. I've tried the things that people have posted but still no luck. First of all which level of difficulty are people doing? And second, is anyone else seem to be having problems with the men running very slowly even with the shoes activated they speed up for just a few secs. then slow down again even while the shoes are still activated. I've cleared my cache, deleted cookies etc..., I've turned off the custom cursor and the weather effects but still no dice... Can't get expert on this level (normal difficulty) I'm like many others who won't go forward until I've made expert. Help!!!!
Rainmom

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 3, 11 10:14 AM
Nope, just can't get near Expert on Hard and I'm up to 3-9 with all Expert on Hard so any more suggestions gratefully welcomed!

googirl999
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by googirl999 on Oct 3, 11 2:29 PM
Thanks - the 3 workers from the start really helped! (I'm on normal mode, though - don't know how it would work on hard.)

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 5, 11 11:21 PM
Can anyone give me any more clues for Expert on Hard please beyond tatajojo's walkthrough that I just cannot get to work for me. I'm always still building the settlement or short or resources when the time runs out...

[Post New]by amber777h on Oct 8, 11 1:35 AM
Coming within a few seconds of expert on Hard but just can't shave off those last few seconds needed to make it. Is it my imagination, or do the shoes seem to appear less frequently after the upgrade? Not convinced upgrading always has benefits.

foothill
Starfish
Starfish
41 Posts

[Post New]by foothill on Oct 9, 11 6:49 AM
Finally after about 20 tries I hit expert on hard. If you follow tatajojo's
walk thru to the T it can be done with about 1 or 2 seconds to spare
Thank you so much for the walk thru.

ricoblade
Catfish
Catfish
1,657 Posts

[Post New]by ricoblade on Oct 10, 11 5:45 AM
At last!

Thanks to Tatajojo and everyone else for all the hints, I think it just takes persistence to maximise your strategy.

DGA1961
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by DGA1961 on Oct 10, 11 2:59 PM
I FINALLY got it on about the10th try using Tatajojo's walkthrough... SHOES are important, and never letting anyone sit still at all ever!!

[Post New]by mildaplotkin on Oct 13, 11 5:30 PM
Nice job Tatajojo - that worked. I thought the key part was not having more than one worker at the fortress, that made a big difference.

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 5:31:05 PM PST

[Post New]by czechincolorado on Oct 20, 11 1:49 PM
Thank you! Managed second time with time to spare.

Brynhildr
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by Brynhildr on Nov 2, 11 5:21 PM
I am playing this in relaxed mode and I always run our of gold and can't complete the level. Please help.

lindiana
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by lindiana on Nov 2, 11 9:05 PM
I have tried probably close to 50 times just to even get through this level. I keep running out of time. Even with tatajojos tips, which I printed out and have right in front of me, I cannot get through it in time. Any one else have any hints?

Go to: