cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

For those who bought CE.

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 30, 11 4:52 AM
I did the demo for the CE and of course found it as wonderful as the first 2.

From what little I saw, I thought you might miss out on a lot by buying the SE instead of the CE. I'm sure the SE is also great but this game seems like it might be worth the extra bucks.

Any input?

Thanks

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Re:For those who bought CE.

[Post New]by TeamSD on Sep 30, 11 5:59 AM
I bought the CE and i think it's worth it! Extra chapter didn't do much but still super fun to play, it's not extremely long but not surprisingly short, decent length! I will buy CE for sure for the quality of the game but if you don't want to spend extra bucks on the 50 mins bonus gameplay, SE is good enough

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Sep 30, 11 8:17 AM
Hello fishies,

For those who bought "Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition" game, does the main game have a proper ending without the bonus play portion?

You may recall that, a few days ago, a SE game was released with a story that was incomplete without the Bonus Chapter. (Sorry I don't recall the title of that game.) More than one person who had purchased the CE of that game mentioned this.

I purchased the other SE's of this series and loved them... but want to be sure that the SE of this game has a satisfactory ending without the bonus chapter before I purchase it.

I'll appreciate your input on this.

Classicaljazz

Puglet
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Puglet on Sep 30, 11 10:58 AM
I would also like to know about the ending. I got suckered in on another SE without a satisfactory ending and I am determined not to have it happen again, even if it means buying games from another site. I don't like companies that have the motto of buyers beware. Shame on you BF! You're about to lose a customer that has bought many games from you.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 30, 11 12:20 PM
SPOILER
In the end, the princess finds out where her people are, and there is a cutscene showing you where the location is. The bonus chapter shows how she begins the final trip to her people. It looks like there will be a sequel, so they might show the bonus chapter as a cutscene in the beginning of the next game.

I hope that this helps.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Sep 30, 11 1:49 PM
Actually, I think this might be one of the few games that I would even enjoy the other CE perks. Thanks all.

abarrett
Clownfish
Clownfish
990 Posts

[Post New]by abarrett on Sep 30, 11 2:19 PM
cll1950 wrote:Actually, I think this might be one of the few games that I would even enjoy the other CE perks. Thanks all.

Yes, It is a CE that is worth the money.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 30, 11 3:20 PM
Don't forget, you can always buy the SE and later upgrade to the CE if you feel you want more at that point and want ti reolay.. And you still have that first one punch probably already used.

I upgraded Nightmare Realm to CE, at the time I got the SE I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. However, it was during the CE sale so paid cash for the second one, now have both versions on my pc. I mainly wanted to see what the alternate ending is on CE but haven't had time to replay it yet.

I'll probably get the SE of this one since there will be a walkthrough, and decide later to upgrade, I usually like the SG integrated. Just depends.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Oct 2, 11 12:36 PM
puzzledone wrote:Don't forget, you can always buy the SE and later upgrade to the CE if you feel you want more at that point and want ti reolay.. And you still have that first one punch probably already used.

I upgraded Nightmare Realm to CE, at the time I got the SE I didn't expect to enjoy it so much. However, it was during the CE sale so paid cash for the second one, now have both versions on my pc. I mainly wanted to see what the alternate ending is on CE but haven't had time to replay it yet.

I'll probably get the SE of this one since there will be a walkthrough, and decide later to upgrade, I usually like the SG integrated. Just depends.

I have several extra free "coupons", so I was considering buying this game as the SE version, then buying the SG to attach onto it. However, that combination would not provide me with the Bonus Play and other Extras, that come with the CE Version. At the moment, the issue is rather an empty one, as I, like many other PC gamers, am not able to get either the CE Version, nor the SE Version to load correctly, on my Game Manager (even to demo trial them!).

Thus, I'm not about to buy either version, until I can get one or both of them to successfully demo trial, for me. I REALLY want all of the Bonus Play time, not just the SG, so getting the CE Version is my first choice. Why would ANYONE want to buy a SG, for the $6.99 price, when a FREE Walkthrough is available? I always wonder just how many of those separate SG components are purchased by gamers. Seems like a HUGE waste of time and money, unless one is insistent that the Walkthrough/SG be integrated into the game, itself. Without the "Extras" and Bonus Play, it's completely worthless, in my book.

Rainbow

vingilot
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,175 Posts

[Post New]by vingilot on Oct 9, 11 12:08 PM
Classicaljazz wrote:Hello fishies,

For those who bought "Awakening: The Goblin Kingdom Collector's Edition" game, does the main game have a proper ending without the bonus play portion?

In my opinion, yes, the SE would be a complete game. They set up the story and goal that the princess must achieve, and she achieves it in the main part of the game. The bonus chapter is a nice little add-on, but not essential to the main plot or story. It basically acts as a bridge between this game and the next installment.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Oct 11, 11 12:25 AM
The SE was a complete game and had a proper ending and didn't just leave you like some other games we've had lately.. Now had I bought the CE, I would have felt cheated as this game only took me 4 hours to complete as a SE and from what I read in the CE forum, the bonus game wasn't that long. So I am happy I waited for the SE =) Happy Gaming!

[Post New]by Classicaljazz on Oct 11, 11 7:55 AM
Hello vingilot, abarrett and megwoman25. Thank you for your responses to my question. They were very helpful to me.

Sounds like this is a SE game that I will want to purchase or get with a coupon in the near future.

Classicaljazz

Go to: