bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor CE! Sept 30, 2011

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 30, 11 3:55 PM
Hi fishies!

We have a new version of Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition available now! The new version of this game fixes the following:

- adjustments were made to alleviate some of the cursor/transition lag that was being reported
- the hint for the bushes was pointing players in the wrong direction, this has been fixed
- the Strategy Guide now ‘remembers’ where you last closed it, so it won’t reset to the menu when closed
- the game wouldn’t save for players using non-Latin characters in profile names, this has also been fixed

We apologize greatly for the trouble. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to a help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you haven't purchased the game yet, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us to the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 3:58:33 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor CE! Sept 30, 2011

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 30, 11 8:13 PM
Thank you for releasing a new build of the game so quickly, but I'm wondering if this new version does anything to address the access violation error messages/freezes that so many players are having?

Anyway, I'm downloading it now and I guess I will find out.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor CE! Sept 30, 2011

[Post New]by Bpup on Sep 30, 11 9:03 PM
Thanks for getting a fix out quickly. I'll give it another try.

Edit: Can't give it another try, my trial time has expired. I'll have to see what others experience with the new build.

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 9:24:40 PM PST

Howatch
Manatee
Manatee
3,952 Posts

[Post New]by Howatch on Sep 30, 11 9:04 PM
Okay, back to report my findings!

1) The game runs much more smoothly now, with no lag.
2) The game kept my save profile and I did not have to start over.
3) No access violation message when starting the game.

I'm very pleased with this new build. For those who were having problems, definitely give this a try. It appears to have fixed all the problems I was having with the game.

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Oct 1, 11 2:45 AM
Well I had no problems except extremely slow until yesterday. I had an 'corrupt game' which is when I checked here. I uninstalled and reloaded the game and got the 'violation' show up.

[Post New]by towandamaria on Oct 1, 11 6:00 PM
Still have no dialogue and no lists for hidden objects - completely frustrated with this one - wasted 2 credits and lots of time uninstalling and reinstalling - new version is no better. Want my credits back. Unhappy!

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Oct 1, 11 7:18 PM
This "NEW VERSION" made NO DIFFERENCE in the absence of NO ITEMS LISTS in **** Scenes! No DIFFERENCE in missing letters in TUTORIAL or PLAYER NAMES - (selecting or De-selecting)! Dialogue boxes have letters that are not there , curser disappears between scenes and when hovering over objects! This is a joke! Scrap the game and refund our money...why was this game released with so many malfunctions in the 1st place!?

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Oct 1, 11 7:24 PM
Additionally - when reinstalled - game also kept my previous profile - which should never happen! And it appears my PC system is corrupted. Perhaps this is sabotage for BF games? Seriously ... how can this happen? Who are these developers and what the heck is going on? I own all but 3 or 4 CE 's BF has ever put out and have NEVER ran across anything like this.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Oct 2, 11 1:56 AM
I never received an access violation this time, but
STILL no widescreen, and
STILL no items list.

I, also, buy most CE's, and this is the first one I've had trouble with.

[Post New]by rwilli012 on Oct 2, 11 10:24 AM
How did I get a refund for this game????? Tried both old and new version. None work. New version will not even load. Old version could not get past play.

oasis53
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by oasis53 on Oct 4, 11 1:36 AM
I too have no list..went through all the updating my gamecard thingy...took forever...and still same old stuff hapening...SO glad I tried before I bought!!
Customer service will give your credits back...all you have to do is ask them in an email ...just go to "contact us" and let them know

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 6, 11 3:25 PM
Hi fishies,

If the troubles that you're experiencing are different than those outlined in the OP, don't worry, we're still working on making this game playable for everyone!

If you haven't already, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support team. The more information that we can collect about the types of systems that are being affected by these issues, the sooner we'll be able to fix them.

Thank you all for your patience, and if there are any further updates for this game, we'll be sure to let you know.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

[Post New]by shoestringplayer on Oct 7, 11 9:28 AM
I have tried 4 times to install this "new" version. It will not let me get past the first scene in the basement after I remove the boards with the crowbar. Any advice?

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Oct 9, 11 10:21 AM
I purchased the new "fixed" version yesterday and I cannot pick up the 2nd ladder rung in the greenhouse scene. It's the one that falls off the ladder when you click on it. The cursor is the magnifying glass!! I've uninstalled/re-installed and still won't let me pick it up. I just paid $13.99 and cannot play this game. Has anyone else had this issue??

I know I'm not the only person who is tired of buying glitchy games that do not work!! It's happening too much lately. BF needs to address this and quick or players, myself included will be cancelling our accounts. I've been with BF for years, but this is just getting ridiculous!!

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Oct 12, 11 7:54 AM
SweetSuki wrote:I purchased the new "fixed" version yesterday and I cannot pick up the 2nd ladder rung in the greenhouse scene. It's the one that falls off the ladder when you click on it. The cursor is the magnifying glass!! I've uninstalled/re-installed and still won't let me pick it up. I just paid $13.99 and cannot play this game. Has anyone else had this issue??

I know I'm not the only person who is tired of buying glitchy games that do not work!! It's happening too much lately. BF needs to address this and quick or players, myself included will be cancelling our accounts. I've been with BF for years, but this is just getting ridiculous!!

Still waiting to hear from Tech Support about this issue. Anyone else having problems with this game? I'm running Windows 7.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 15, 11 3:01 AM
I am pleased to report that there is hope; even if you have problems at first. I decided to demo this because I might splurge on a CE this weekend; since they are offering a free mousepad with the purchase of a CE.
On my first attempt, the game crashed when it got to the last scene of the intro, where the question is asked, "What trouble did you get into, Jennifer?" I checked for Windows updates and installed the available ones; then updated my video card. (It had only been a few weeks since the last update for my video card had been available, but there was a more recent one.) I uninstalled and reinstalled; and began to play. This time I got to the point of opening the grate in the dungeon floor, then it froze. I checked the Help section here at BFG, and remembered that I had not checked for an update to Adobe Flashplayer. Sure enough, there was one available. After installing the new version of Flashplayer, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again; and finished the demo with absolutely no problems. Yipeee! It really does run flawlessly! (I use Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.) Hope this will help others.

Edited on 10/15/2011 at 11:00:18 AM PST

boscocat
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by boscocat on Oct 15, 11 8:11 AM
The updated version is not any better. I have uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times. I have contacted customer support and have heard nothing. What is going on ?

esvans
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by esvans on Nov 27, 11 12:33 PM
Hi there,
I've bought and downloaded the CE on 6th October,
playing on a Mac
( sorry if this is the wrong place : it says : all technical issues here ...)
due to various circumstances I only got to try and play it now.
5 times in a row I got no further then the opening scene : basement window / crowbar, then crash
Decided to check here,
saw somewhere in the maze of forums to uninstall and reinstall.
did it.
error messages re: installing
after a lot of attempt and playing around with settings here and there, this finally worked
( strange , as I'd had it installed before ... )
then gave the game another try :
same story: basement window = crashed game,
also with new profiles etc.
What did I miss :
is there a solution for this problem ?
after all : we're 6 weeks later in history now ...

Thanks in advance for any help !!

PS
VERY experienced player : have 350 BF Games, a lot of which CE ...

Go to: