bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Sep 30, 11 4:00 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Access Violation

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

jachern
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by jachern on Sep 30, 11 6:10 PM
Uninstalled and installed new build yet I still having Access Violation on trying to start game. I will contact Customer Service. I got it to work. No need to call Customer Service. Thank you for the new build, BFG!

Edited on 09/30/2011 at 10:07:15 PM PST

Meredene
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by Meredene on Oct 1, 11 12:23 AM

G'day Jachern. How did you manage to get the game to work? I'm having no success.

Thanks in advance.

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by shelenec on Oct 1, 11 7:56 AM
uninstalled and installed new game and was able to play. As soon as I tried to exit though, game crashed my computer and I had to hard boot to get out. Game now won't start and is displaying the same access violation messages it did before. Partway there on the fix BFG (thanks), but still an unusually buggy release, particularly for a CE.

crypsynight
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by crypsynight on Oct 2, 11 2:03 AM
No troubles with access violation this time, but still
No widesreen, and
No hidden object text

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 2, 11 4:54 AM
This is the second time I tried to play this demo. I thought it said in forums that it had been fixed. Not for me.
There is no text at all. No item list for hidden object scenes. When you click on something the drop down appears at the top of the screen that would usually have text in it but it's just blank.
I did manage to play a bit without text. I actually made it through 2 hidden object scenes without knowing what I was looking for. I gave up after that.

Would really like to buy this game but not until it's fixed.

[Post New]by dbchun on Oct 3, 11 4:17 AM
Am playing full version installed on 10/3, and cannot pick up brush in greenhouse HOS. I uninstalled the game and reinstalled, then changed the player ID but the problem persists. The game play is jerky, and have experienced the access violation error also. Is there an ETA for a fix?

Laylasmum
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by Laylasmum on Oct 3, 11 1:50 PM
I've got through to the cemetery and when I complete the game with the lock of hair nothing happens. Have tried it twice now will reboot and try again.

emery419
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by emery419 on Oct 6, 11 5:56 PM
Made it through 50 minutes (Mac OS 10.6.8) without major issues, other than very slow movement from one scene to another, which I can live with if I really like a game. Then, with about 10 minutes left, the game just froze at a point where I was placing a music note on the radio. It froze for about 1 minute, then just quit. I liked the game and was considering purchasing it, but won't purchase with such a major glitch. I noticed other problems with the PC version and that there was actually a "fixed" game released recently. Have any other Mac users out there experienced freezing? There is nothing on the Mac forums so far.

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here onl

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 7, 11 2:44 AM
emery419 wrote:Made it through 50 minutes (Mac OS 10.6.8) without major issues, other than very slow movement from one scene to another, which I can live with if I really like a game. Then, with about 10 minutes left, the game just froze at a point where I was placing a music note on the radio. It froze for about 1 minute, then just quit. I liked the game and was considering purchasing it, but won't purchase with such a major glitch. I noticed other problems with the PC version and that there was actually a "fixed" game released recently. Have any other Mac users out there experienced freezing? There is nothing on the Mac forums so far.

I play on a Mac 10.5.8 and did not experience any freezing. I only had minor stuff - game telling me "I don't think that's going to work" when I'm using the correct inventory item and that the game DOES allow to work - things along those lines. Nothing that was fatal to game play though.

Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Oct 7, 11 12:52 PM
Using control/click for 'right click' worked fine for the first couple of puzzles. Would not work on placing mirror or rearranging pieces in box - Mac OS 10.6.8.

lynettewa
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lynettewa on Oct 7, 11 9:35 PM
emery419 wrote:Made it through 50 minutes (Mac OS 10.6.8) without major issues, other than very slow movement from one scene to another, which I can live with if I really like a game. Then, with about 10 minutes left, the game just froze at a point where I was placing a music note on the radio. It froze for about 1 minute, then just quit. I liked the game and was considering purchasing it, but won't purchase with such a major glitch. I noticed other problems with the PC version and that there was actually a "fixed" game released recently. Have any other Mac users out there experienced freezing? There is nothing on the Mac forums so far.

lynettewa
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by lynettewa on Oct 7, 11 9:36 PM
lynettewa wrote:
game tell me i have one running when there not .i have mac as well

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Oct 8, 11 3:07 PM
I just purchased the new "fixed" version today and I cannot pick up the 2nd ladder rung in the greenhouse scene. It's the one that falls off the ladder when you click on it. The cursor is the magnifying glass!! I've restarted and still won't let me pick it up. I just paid $13.99 and cannot play this game. Has anyone else had this issue??

I know I'm not the only person who is tired of buying glitchy games that do not work!! It's happening too much lately. BF needs to address this and quick or players, myself included will be cancelling our accounts. I've been with BF for years, but this is just getting ridiculous!!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Oct 9, 11 8:26 PM
SweetSuki wrote:I just purchased the new "fixed" version today and I cannot pick up the 2nd ladder rung in the greenhouse scene. It's the one that falls off the ladder when you click on it. The cursor is the magnifying glass!! I've restarted and still won't let me pick it up. I just paid $13.99 and cannot play this game. Has anyone else had this issue??

I know I'm not the only person who is tired of buying glitchy games that do not work!! It's happening too much lately. BF needs to address this and quick or players, myself included will be cancelling our accounts. I've been with BF for years, but this is just getting ridiculous!!

I hope I'm remembering this correctly - but I seem to recall you only pick up one rung, the other one is broken. You must find another rung elsewhere. Is that how you're stuck?

SweetSuki
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

Re:Post any Mystery of the Ancients: Lockwood Manor Collector's Edition technical issues here on

[Post New]by SweetSuki on Oct 12, 11 7:56 AM
WilJul wrote:
SweetSuki wrote:I just purchased the new "fixed" version today and I cannot pick up the 2nd ladder rung in the greenhouse scene. It's the one that falls off the ladder when you click on it. The cursor is the magnifying glass!! I've restarted and still won't let me pick it up. I just paid $13.99 and cannot play this game. Has anyone else had this issue??

I hope I'm remembering this correctly - but I seem to recall you only pick up one rung, the other one is broken. You must find another rung elsewhere. Is that how you're stuck?

Yes, but the SG shows you picking it up so I don't know where else to look. I'll try again.... and thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate it.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 12, 11 1:23 PM
Hello everyone,

For those of you receiving an Access Violation, please make sure that you have the newest build for this game. If you do, please take a look at this help article for more information about this particular error message:

Access Violation

If you are unable to see the text or if you're having any troubles with the display, please take a look at the steps outlined in this help article:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you're having troubles progressing in the game, are experiencing a freeze or a slow game on a Mac, please take a look at this help article:

Mac Game Errors

For the best help, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to assist you with any issues you're seeing with the game. Please also include any steps you've already taken so that you're not asked to repeat them. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by thistle809 on Oct 15, 11 7:09 AM
I am pleased to report that there is hope; even if you have problems at first. I decided to demo this because I might splurge on a CE this weekend; since they are offering a free mousepad with the purchase of a CE.

On my first attempt, the game crashed when it got to the last scene of the intro, where the question is asked, "What trouble did you get into, Jennifer?" I checked for Windows updates and installed the available ones; then updated my video card. (It had only been a few weeks since the last update for my video card had been available, but there was a more recent one.) I uninstalled and reinstalled; and began to play. This time I got to the point of opening the grate in the dungeon floor, then it froze. I checked the Help section here at BFG, and remembered that I had not checked for an update to Adobe Flashplayer. Sure enough, there was one available. After installing the new version of Flashplayer, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game again; and finished the demo with absolutely no problems. Yipeee! It really does run flawlessly! (I use Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.) Hope this will help others.

Edited on 10/18/2011 at 7:07:49 AM PST

[Post New]by WiccanWoman530 on Oct 16, 11 10:58 AM
thistle809 is right there is hope!! I took a chance on finally getting this CE and first try I got the Access Violation error my first ever, I was totally ! BUT.. I already did my windows update (XP), so I did the adobe update then updated my video card driver, with reboot of my laptop.... TA DA everything is working great!

It turned out my laptop manufacturer did not have any driver updates for my video card.. it was sooo confusing and With a little web research I found the video card makers site to be even better! It is really true you need to keep them updated, all this time I just thought mine was current..nope.

Also FYI for all the Fishies that have a NVIDIA graphics card, if you have not done a driver update I highly recommend checking out the site for driver updates!! There is a new software that comes with the updates (just in case ALWAYS do a back up restore point, they tell you how, so if you need to roll back your driver you can), it helps run games and video just like DirectX, adobe flash etc. OMG I thought my lappy ran great for all that before. Now it is AWESOME! I was trying to watch the big concert online from Friday before playing this game and it was running a little choppy with way to much buffering, lag, and was seeing pixeling (is that a word?LOL) on news reports etc. After installing it, everything was smoooooth as silk and all my games look better!

I don't think its that this game is buggy. Sometimes video, games etc just advances and our computers need a little TLC to keep up with the latest stuff. There are a lot of "movie" type or whatever they are called scenes through out the game so that might be why the updates are needed. We tend to forget It's just like owning a car.. once you hit a certain point our computers need required maintenance too.

Hope this helps anyone with troubles getting the game to run or wants to pick it up to get the mousepad deal. It (the game) is soooooo worth it!

Happy Gaming all!

Edited on 10/16/2011 at 10:59:58 AM PST

[Post New]by Paintedspoon on Oct 16, 11 5:27 PM
Just downloaded what is supposed to be the newer version but still getting "error violation" but once I do get it open there is still not words at the bottom of the hidden object scenes. Very discouraged with this as it looks like it could be really good.
Barb

Go to: