peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Your Comment for Fairway. Collectors Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 2, 11 12:13 AM
Now I have seen everything! A card game as a CE! I did a beta on this and cannot see how this is justified at all. The only difference is, that we see the gopher plotting underground on how to disrupt play
I WILL NOT pay CE price for one card game. Sorry BF.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 12:16:28 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

Re:Your Comment for Fairway. Collectors Edition

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 2, 11 12:37 AM
What on earth could the extras be? Very bizarre intro video by the way.

lauriedoss
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by lauriedoss on Oct 2, 11 12:43 AM
Don't think I'm going to have a choice, the first is my husband's very favoritest ever game and not buying would be sacrilege!

equusjoy
Minnow
Minnow
243 Posts

[Post New]by equusjoy on Oct 2, 11 12:58 AM
Seriously? A CE for this type of game? I don't know what to say except - it's just another game I won't buy.

Happy Gaming and no offense intended,
Joy

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Oct 2, 11 12:58 AM
Been waiting for this since I played it at the BigFish convention. My mother & I both loved the original game.

I remember that there was an optional hyperspeed play mode. Guess I'm about to find out....

Interesting...The trial is 120min instead of the usual 60.

Just so everyone knows, this one is not made by Gray Alien Games like the last one was, so different commentators & totally different graphics.

I wish we could disable the tutorial; people who know how to play shouldn't be forced to go through it.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 1:09:37 AM PST

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 2, 11 12:59 AM
I played "Fairway Solitaire" and loved it! I'm playing "Crime Solitaire" and loving it! Both are SEs, BTW. I'm having a tough time grasping anything that makes this one a CE--none of the add-ons that we're used to--just a promise of "Extras."

That said, it does look really enjoyable and entertaining, but I'm not sure about a CE price tag.

And I agree with cll1950 about the intro video--could just as well have been a commercial for some computer company (except in one of the shots, a lady has "Felix" perched next to her!)!

Regards, elldee

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 1:03:30 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 2, 11 1:01 AM
I'm a huge fan of golf and golf solitaire. But, I can't see paying CE prices for it. But when there's a CE sale, I'll get it.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 2, 11 1:03 AM
Not a golf fan, so I may be just a bit confused but WTH is hyperspeed golf play?

LikaLaruku
Minnow
Minnow
240 Posts

[Post New]by LikaLaruku on Oct 2, 11 1:11 AM
[removed by moderator] If you don't like it, wait 2 to 4 weeks for the vanilla release.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 4:39:29 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Your Comment for Fairway. Collectors Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 11 1:12 AM
peglegann wrote:Now I have seen everything! A card game as a CE! I did a beta on this and cannot see how this is justified at all. The only difference is, that we see the gopher plotting underground on how to disrupt play

Good morning, PeglegAnn...

I was thinking pretty much the same when I saw TGT. I was looking forward to Monday`s CE, and couldn`t believe it`s a card game. *sigh*

I only really like "Avalon Legends Solitaire" and "Faerie Solitaire" and own those 2 card games plus the new "Crime Solitaire", which is actually boring. LOL

Anyway, rather disappointed to see we get a card game for Monday`s game.

Happy day, everyone.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 2, 11 1:12 AM
Ok, in trying to be fair. there are
Courses, there are 16 pages of courses - 9 on each. Can anyone tell me how many on the previous version?
Golf Shop, more items than before
Trophies, none before?
Records - not by any one I know
Movies, = short clips, from what I can see.
Fever - play against the clock.

Still not convinced that this should be sold this as a CE........................
Whatever you decide have a happy Sunday and have fun

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 2, 11 1:14 AM
LikaLaruku wrote:[removed by moderator] If you don't like it, wait 2 to 4 weeks for the vanilla release.

Having an opinion is whining?

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 4:40:01 PM PST

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Oct 2, 11 1:19 AM
LikaLaruku wrote:[removed by moderator] If you don't like it, wait 2 to 4 weeks for the vanilla release.

Kinda got the feeling 't was just one person whining. BTW, you can't tell a gender by the screen name, doncha know.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 4:40:18 PM PST

kisskeeps
Catfish
Catfish
1,508 Posts

[Post New]by kisskeeps on Oct 2, 11 1:22 AM
I have an unreliable memory, but wasn't this a Big Sea game? I do have the old d/l version which I think was gifted to me and it's pretty fun.

Certainly might appeal to some "armchair duffers" however.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 2, 11 1:28 AM

We are not whining, this is a comments thread! LOL!

Morning back to you Valdy

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 4:40:46 PM PST

[Post New]by alvertis5706 on Oct 2, 11 2:05 AM
" there are 16 pages of courses - 9 on each. Can anyone tell me how many on the previous version?"

There are 70 courses in the original; quite a long game for the money, and good replay value.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 2, 11 2:06 AM
lauriedoss wrote:Don't think I'm going to have a choice, the first is my husband's very favoritest ever game and not buying would be sacrilege!

This is one of my favorite card games too, but to me I think it would be sacrilege to blow money like that. We all have choices and if hubby isn't up yet, I would wait and ask him. This is NOT worth $13.99. These CE's like I have said in the past are becoming overrated, and some of these devs want the cut of the all mighty dollar.

peglegann wrote:Now I have seen everything! A card game as a CE! I did a beta on this and cannot see how this is justified at all. The only difference is, that we see the gopher plotting underground on how to disrupt play

Good morning Ann,

Totally agree. This is one of the reasons I stopped buying CE's 3 weeks ago. Some devs are getting to money hungry.

LikaLaruku wrote:
Just so everyone knows, this one is not made by Gray Alien Games like the last one was, so different commentators & totally different graphics.

It doesn't matter to me who made the game, the bottom line is it still isn't worth $13.99.

MsFreddie wrote:

Having an opinion is whining?

Couldn't agree with you more MsFreddie. Like everyone else I was giving an opinion not whining. Like Ann said, this is the comments thread, and I was stating a comment.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 4:41:14 PM PST

[Post New]by catsholidayhome on Oct 2, 11 2:07 AM
This kind of game for me is well worth the CE tag and price. It has so much replayability and this new edition updates the graphics, keeps the fun and adds new dimensions to keep you on your toes. Love it.

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 2, 11 2:10 AM
alvertis5706 wrote:" there are 16 pages of courses - 9 on each. Can anyone tell me how many on the previous version?"

There are 70 courses in the original; quite a long game for the money, and good replay value.

Thank you for this.
If I remember, the last version (that I love) had both 9 holes or 18, this one only appears to have between 3 and 6, in the first few games anyway Not a golf course to me! LOL!

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 2, 11 2:20 AM
i don't know, I might like a CE of Farie Sol. with the story and all the cute little side aspects of the play.

Seems like i've been waiting for quite a while for the 2nd one.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 2:21:18 AM PST

Go to: