TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

Reviews for Fairway Collector's Edition

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 2, 11 12:16 AM
So HAPPY and EXCITED to see this, the first CE which is not TM or HOG and the very first non-HOG CE this year!

Wondering why a card game is a CE, the quality is so high and the game is so cute. Graphics are colorful and very clear, with cool animations and hilarious beaver Not much story but there're actually few cutscenes! Voice overs are very well done, music are great! I loved the first one and i like this one much more, there're more new bonuses, items in shops and options to change your cards' pack and custom cursor! Mini games are fun and easy.... The CE version included more courses (more levels) to play but i'm not quite sure whether the extra mode is a bonus or not? Definite BUY for me

PS. The game is really entertaining and insanely addictive!

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Music: A
Bonuses: A*
Mini Games: A
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A*
Overall: A*

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 2:32:24 AM PST

peglegann
Stingray
Stingray
5,174 Posts

Re:Reviews for Fairway Collector's Edition

[Post New]by peglegann on Oct 2, 11 12:24 AM
Why would we want to see a card game as an CE?
To celebrate paying double for a card game is a bit strange. (No offence meant TeamSD).
I loved the previous one to this and this game plays well, but NOT as a CE
I am certainly pleased to see this but will not pay CE price.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 12:25:43 AM PST

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 2, 11 12:32 AM
i played beta and made several complain,i 'll play demo to see if some gave us better game,but between demo and the publication ,there was too little time for that!
i'll try and come back;but i'm sure that i 'll not buy a game card as CE!i have already the first one on my computer(I never uninstall it,and play it every day!)

[Post New]by jailbird400 on Oct 2, 11 12:36 AM
well,this is pretty cool . Not TM ,not Hog..like it ...more than just a card game ...challenging. hows your golf swing? ..not casual(my forte')...crazy fun though.

88blyth
Catfish
Catfish
1,705 Posts

[Post New]by 88blyth on Oct 2, 11 12:44 AM
no offence here either teamSD, but, i agree with peglegann...WHY have a card game as a CE...dont get me wrong, i LOVE fairway, but will wait for the cheaper version!!!!!.....have fun

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 2, 11 12:46 AM
TeamSD wrote:So HAPPY and EXCITED to see this, he first CE which is not TM or HOG and the very first non-HOG CE this year!

Post your reviews here..........

Um, why are you HAPPY and EXCITED? Not exactly a review ... Wondering what the extras are for this to be a CE game.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 2, 11 1:05 AM
Don't know about the game, but the forum sure is fun today!

mamajay
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,222 Posts

[Post New]by mamajay on Oct 2, 11 1:15 AM
Perhaps the Extras are things like choices of pictures/styles for the fronts (I counted 6) and backs (I counted 21). You also have 5 choices of custom cursor, and at least one scene of a Disney style gopher plotting away in his hole, lol. Reminded me of Ursula the witch in The Little Mermaid, lol.

Apart from the golf shop, records and trophies, there are also movies and Fairway Fever (presumably the locked bonus, as it was greyed out).

I don't think you can avoid the tutorials but they don't last long. I was a bit disappointed not to hear the Aussie guy commentating. In the time I played, there weren't too many snarky remarks about my game playing either - I miss those, lol.

It seems to be a fun game, and with 4 pages of courses, quite a long one, but I don't know that I would want to pay a CE price for it.

Jen

shadowfax44
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,885 Posts

[Post New]by shadowfax44 on Oct 2, 11 1:20 AM
@TeamSD
So HAPPY and EXCITED to see this, the first CE which is not TM or HOG and the very first non-HOG CE this year!
Actually, 4 Elements 2 released as a CE but for some reason unknown to me, BF didn't offer the CE here, only SE version. (In case you wanted to look at the 4 Elements 2 CE...)

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 2, 11 1:29 AM
mamajay wrote:

It seems to be a fun game, and with 4 pages of courses, quite a long one, but I don't know that I would want to pay a CE price for it.

Just to correct you, there're 16 pages of courses so it's extremely long!!! You can click the arrow to see more

shadowfax44 wrote:@TeamSD
Actually, 4 Elements 2 released as a CE but for some reason unknown to me, BF didn't offer the CE here, only SE version. (In case you wanted to look at the 4 Elements 2 CE...)

Maybe BFG think it's not worth to be a CE??? I saw it on the dev site but decided to wait for the SE here!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Oct 2, 11 1:33 AM
TeamSD wrote:Maybe BFG think it's not worth to be a CE??? I saw it on the dev site but decided to wait for the SE here!

I would prefer to be given the choice, rather than having BF decide for us. I bought the CE version of "The Clockwork Man: The Hidden World" on another site, and enjoyed the integrated bonus part.

OK, back to reviews...

Leaty
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by Leaty on Oct 2, 11 1:46 AM
We already have 2 threads about CE and comments for this game. Can we please restrict this for reviews?

MsFreddie
Catfish
Catfish
1,519 Posts

[Post New]by MsFreddie on Oct 2, 11 1:50 AM
Leaty wrote:We already have 2 threads about CE and comments for this game. Can we please restrict this for reviews?

This is a comment Leaty not a review.....

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Oct 2, 11 1:54 AM
to have the choice of cursor or background is not for me a plus,and if the croud sounds are as good as the first game,don't like the voices of the guy:i don't understand what they are saying(not american nor english maternal speaking)in the first game the voices were better;during this short,very short demo i had only 2 wild cards and nothing of interest(no shoot in windows,no shoot over x yards,no put in or out and no challenge of money to earn to have next level
but i repeat:very very short demo!not a buy as CE,certainly not,even as DD;now,fishes,i go back to the first one which never give up my computer!!!!

lackoo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,430 Posts

[Post New]by lackoo on Oct 2, 11 2:03 AM
shadowfax44 wrote:@TeamSD

Also don't forget about the upcoming Match 3 type of game : Cradle Of Egypt Collector`s Edition

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 2, 11 2:10 AM
Have The Cradle of Egypt beta. It stays active. I can play the first 2 levels forever if I want. Very pretty visuals and music. Built part of town. OK match 3 play but I'm not gung **** for a match 3 CE.

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 2:12:11 AM PST

Kegggie
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Kegggie on Oct 2, 11 2:12 AM
I agree with Edmee.

Also, In the trial there was no option to change the screen size unless it is at the foot of the page which I lost on my netbook.

The cards were clearer than those on the Grey Alien version and there may be more courses and items to buy etc. so I guess you pays your money and takes your choice.

(Edited for typo)

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 2:14:21 AM PST

RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Oct 2, 11 2:14 AM
This game was not done by the original developer, which is a pity. It just doesn't seem to have the same humor and charm.

There are 16 levels. Levels 9 through 16 are marked with diamonds - this may indicate the CE Bonus Levels? Each level has 9 courses, which would make 144 courses in total. The original had 70, so that this would be a decent amount of Bonus content. Each course has 3 or more holes. I think I was on course 5 which had 6 holes by the end of the hour demo. The first level has an annoyingly long 2 course tutorial.

Options: 6 different card faces, 21 different card backs, 5 custom cursors, Enable Particles (little cards floating off your cursor) Full screen or Windowed and volume for Sound Effects, Music and Announcer.

Golf Shop has 22 powerups for sale. They range from help with the mini games to increasing chances of getting wild card clubs or not seeing the gopher cards.

Fairway Fever - a very fast timed game. If you are on Facebook you can compare your score with friends.

Movies - replay cut scenes

There are records to beat and 31 Trophies to collect. At the end of a course you get 0 to 3 stars according to how well you did and you gain rank according to how many stars you have. Ranks go from Spectator to Superstar.

You can also purchase specific wild cards, or even fill your bag for a discounted price.

There are water hazard cards to clear before some cards turn over, and other cards with grass on them need to be hit twice before clearing.

There's a lot happening in this game, it's well done, but just not for me, at least not the Collector's Edition. I can wait.

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Oct 2, 11 2:25 AM
TeamSD wrote:So HAPPY and EXCITED to see this, the first CE which is not TM or HOG and the very first non-HOG CE this year!]

TeamSD wrote: Maybe BFG think it's not worth to be a CE??? I saw it on the dev site but decided to wait for the SE here!

Did I miss something? First you're happy and excited that it's a CE, then your going to wait for the SE. O.k..

bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 2, 11 2:34 AM
Hi Team SD, thanks for starting this thread. I've gone ahead and stickied it for you.

Hey Fishies! What do you think of Fairway ™ Collector's Edition? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgFlounder

Go to: