bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Fairway Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Oct 2, 11 2:31 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

rikazarai
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Screensize on a netbook

[Post New]by rikazarai on Oct 2, 11 11:55 AM
Hi! I played the demo and want to buy this game. But before doing it, I'd like to know if I can change screen size. I'm playing on a netbook and I cannot see the whole screen. I have to scroll in order to see the upper or the bottom of the screen. Thanks for your help!

NormanFan
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Re:Post any Fairway Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by NormanFan on Oct 2, 11 1:42 PM
When I started the demo, I got a solid white screen - the cursor (a golf tee) came up, but nothing else.

I have been able to play every other game on this site (****/Adventure, Match 3, etc) but not this one.

I was also able to play the regular Fairway Solitaire, but this one - no go.

A shame - I really wanted to give this version a try....

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

Screensize on a netbook

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 2, 11 3:27 PM
rikazarai wrote:Hi! I played the demo and want to buy this game. But before doing it, I'd like to know if I can change screen size. I'm playing on a netbook and I cannot see the whole screen. I have to scroll in order to see the upper or the bottom of the screen. Thanks for your help!

Hi rikazarai,

The screens on most netbooks are limited to a resolution of 1024x600, while some games are set to display at the default resolution of 1024x768. For this reason, part of the screen may not be displayed correctly. In other cases, the game may not run at all.

If sounds like you're experiencing this with this game, but I'd encourage you to get in touch with our Technical Support team for further help.

Also, here's the link to a helpful thread that you may want to take a look at before purchasing any more games for your netbook:

Netbook Friendly Games

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/02/2011 at 3:30:04 PM PST

DarkBrown
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by DarkBrown on Oct 2, 11 7:54 PM
When I played the trial version, I bought the item in the Golf Store to get discounts on all other items in the store; except it doesn't work right. Although the prices are lowered and cost what they say, you can't buy them until you have the total amount of the *original* price.

For example, a discounted item was priced at 6500, and I had 7700 coins; but the "Buy" button wouldn't light up and allow me to purchase the item until I had enough coins for the full original price.

You might want to fix that.

kavdek
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by kavdek on Oct 3, 11 9:33 AM
I played for the first few minutes and had to quit. I cannot seem to get back in. Even after booting, the only screen that comes up asks me if I really want to quit. Doesn't matter if I say yes or no, it doesn't respond. It also took several tries to get the task manager to be successful in ending the program. I booted out and uninstalled it -- I'll try to reinstall and see if I have better luck.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 3, 11 10:26 AM
ok now i am mad, i am in the challange packs, and the previous open courses are greyed out when i go back to them, and the 2nd challange pack course has the broken glass, but the course will not open....get a fix bfg...

oh wait it gets better....now all the 2nd courses on all the levels have the broken glass instead of a open level

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 10:32:27 AM PST

[Post New]by tonypoccarro on Oct 3, 11 10:44 AM
i just bought the fairway coll. game after level 6 have to go off the game and then the game will open up its a pain

jackinin
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by jackinin on Oct 3, 11 12:04 PM
Im having the same problem as normanfan,why is it not playing properly ?????

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 3, 11 12:29 PM

ok so if you close the game, you are then qble to access the next course,....but now all the courses in the 3rd spot are locked, so i closed and will be able to acess...but is it worthe all the hassles having to close after every course??

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 3:55:25 PM PST

[Post New]by jeannette120 on Oct 3, 11 2:13 PM
I bought the game and after I played for about 2 hours I kept having issues with sound effects and voices "stuttering". The screen loading would "stutter" as well but eventually fix itself after 10-15 seconds. The game eventually ended up freezing during one of these episodes and I had to use Task Manager to exit which took about 10 minutes to actually exit and 5 minutes for my PC to recover and start working again.

Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Solice on Oct 3, 11 2:18 PM
bella81762 wrote:ok now i am mad, i am in the challange packs, and the previous open courses are greyed out when i go back to them, and the 2nd challange pack course has the broken glass, but the course will not open....get a fix bfg...

oh wait it gets better....now all the 2nd courses on all the levels have the broken glass instead of a open level

Hey there bella, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We did not catch this bug during testing, but thanks to this post we have now fixed the problem. An updated version of the game will be posted soon.

Solice
Clownfish
Clownfish
676 Posts

[Post New]by Solice on Oct 3, 11 2:20 PM
DarkBrown wrote:When I played the trial version, I bought the item in the Golf Store to get discounts on all other items in the store; except it doesn't work right. Although the prices are lowered and cost what they say, you can't buy them until you have the total amount of the *original* price.

For example, a discounted item was priced at 6500, and I had 7700 coins; but the "Buy" button wouldn't light up and allow me to purchase the item until I had enough coins for the full original price.

You might want to fix that.

We found a bug with one of the Golf Shop items that could be causing this issue. The problem has been fixed and it should be up soon.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Oct 3, 11 3:53 PM
Solice wrote:
bella81762 wrote:ok now i am mad, i am in the challange packs, and the previous open courses are greyed out when i go back to them, and the 2nd challange pack course has the broken glass, but the course will not open....get a fix bfg...

Hey there bella, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We did not catch this bug during testing, but thanks to this post we have now fixed the problem. An updated version of the game will be posted soon.

thanks solice,

[Post New]by abengalcatlover on Oct 3, 11 7:34 PM
I can not play this game the whole left side is cut off and can barely see the right side to get out of screen. I just updated my catalyst control and had another game do this the new roads to rome I think. But I got it to work. Not sure what to do. I went into control panel and have it set for 75 hertz(?) and it made the other game work. Have not had this as a major issue for games. New one now.
What do I do?
Lisa

[Post New]by oakridgecph on Oct 4, 11 12:29 PM
when I click on faiway fever I just get a black screen

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 4, 11 1:56 PM
Hi fishies,

Great news! A new build that fixes the issue with the Golf Shop pricing and locked courses in the Challenger Pack has now been released. For more information, please visit the following thread:

UPDATE! New version available for Fairway Collector's Edition! October 4, 2011

If you experience any technical issues with the new version of this game, please continue to let us know by posting in this thread and/or by contacting our Technical Support team.

Thanks!

-bfgHondo

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 1:57:24 PM PST

[Post New]by specialgem on Oct 4, 11 2:03 PM
I am having the same problem with Fever. The rest of the game seems to operate ok so far but when I click on Fever I get black screen with revolving tee. The trial version I downloaded yesterday worked fine! I've already uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Help?

bfgHondo
Manatee
Manatee
3,712 Posts

[Post New]by bfgHondo on Oct 4, 11 6:02 PM
oakridgecph wrote:when I click on faiway fever I just get a black screen

Hi oakridgecph,

If you haven't already, I'd encourage you to give the steps in this help article a try:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If your game still isn't running properly after completing those steps, please contact Tech Support and one of our reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

-bfgHondo

BigTfromAV
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by BigTfromAV on Oct 5, 11 5:35 AM
Having the same problems after page 6 - can't open courses, etc. Also having problems when the gopher card pops up - once it's done, I can't continue in my round. Have to back out and start either round or hole over again. Also cannot purchase items in golf shop even if I have more than enough money to do so.

Go to: