divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

MAJOR BUG -- game becomes unplayable if played in wrong order.

[Post New]by divegal on Oct 2, 11 6:34 AM
I am so furious I want to break something.

I didn't use the walkthrough until the very end of the game when I got stuck, and then I learned why. If you don't do something at the beginning of the game you cannot do it later. I have never seen an adventure game behave this way.

I play every puzzle and thus this game took me almost six hours and now if I want to get the last object and see the final cut-scene I would have to start all over from the beginning!!!

I play games to reduce stress. It is so rare to find a good adventure game and I rejoined just to get this one and now I am more stressed out than before. I can't believe that the only warning about this was in the walkthrough, which I didn't consult until I ran into a problem because I hadn't checked it before I had a problem! Ridiculous.

I wrote to CS and really hope that someone posts a warning about this. I see in the walkthrough that a couple other people had the same problem but they realized it much earlier. No way I will start all over. Six hours and I don't get to "win."

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

Re:MAJOR BUG -- game becomes unplayable if played in wrong order.

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Nov 29, 11 6:10 PM

I can THOROUGHLY appreciate your frustration and anger BUT what is it that you've got to do to avoid having the end portion of the game become unplayable?

MEnr56

[Post New]by Spirit_of_Auron on Nov 29, 11 7:20 PM
She didn't finish the temple first, there's a large red section in the walkthrough topic that mentions a lot having issues if you don't finish it first.

AhBoo
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
4 Posts

[Post New]by AhBoo on Nov 30, 11 11:29 AM
I too have run into this problem. Other games you take things as they come whether it is in order or not, but in this game, it just freezes and you can't get to the next stage because you did something out of order.
Luckily I found this out early and have just printed out the walkthrough and will see if this works tonight. I have tried to play the game 3 times and didn't realize why I was unable to proceed until the issue was mentioned in the posting here.
I feel your pain

Euskalduna
Stingray
Stingray
5,991 Posts

[Post New]by Euskalduna on Nov 30, 11 11:46 AM
The developers of this game must have a very twisted sense of humor.

Go to: