finlayd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

VOODOO CHRONICLES - INACCURATE HIDDEN OBJECT DESCRIPTIONS

[Post New]by finlayd on Oct 2, 11 6:49 AM
When is BF going to test (and disapprove for publication) the descriptions of the HOG items? In this game I found several misleading descriptions. For a couple of examples, I found that a lobster or crayfish was the object for 'crab.' In another, I found 'cramps' to be the description for clamps. This is a very annoying trait for a CE at $13.99! It cheapens the game and downplays the enjoyment. Does anyone else find this extremely aggravating??????

luvtoread
Manatee
Manatee
4,081 Posts

Re:VOODOO CHRONICLES - INACCURATE HIDDEN OBJECT DESCRIPTIONS

[Post New]by luvtoread on Oct 2, 11 6:52 AM
"cramps" for "clamps"? Sorry, had to laugh when I saw that,
how did you finally figure it out? Random clicking or hint?
You are right tho, they really should proofread these things!

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Oct 2, 11 6:58 AM
I'm pretty sure BFG can't do anything about a finished game.
And ones that go for beta testing have these comments ignored as I have read and experienced many times. The fault of the makers, not BFG.

bfgKenai
Clownfish
Clownfish
864 Posts

[Post New]by bfgKenai on Oct 3, 11 3:55 AM
Hi Fishies,

Just swimming by to let you know I'll be moving this thread to the Voodoo Chronicles: The First Sign Collector's Edition game forum, please feel free to continue this discussion in Here.

Hope this helps!

bfgKenai

textrekkie
Shark
Shark
13,265 Posts

[Post New]by textrekkie on Oct 3, 11 8:41 AM
It is not BFG's place to proofread games, as they are not a publishing company.

And if the BFG Beta testers spot typos and mislabelings and report them during the survey, it is too late as the game is already completed.

It is the developer's job to ensure the product is proofread and production ready when it comes to BFG.

finlayd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by finlayd on Oct 13, 11 2:58 AM
It may not be the responsibility of BF to 'proof read' but it is their responsibility, however, to place a quality game out there for purchase. I'm sorry all - but with CEs coming out on the average of two per week, one expects a better quality for the purchase. Since not all of us are Beta testers (and I have tested a few and commented), the comments sent about a game should be addressed. Call me fussy-I can handle a few of these mistakes-but they are increasing in frequency. As far as how I found the object, I've experienced so many of these scenarios that I logically looked for something that rhymed with 'cramps' and I found the object.

finlayd
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by finlayd on Oct 13, 11 3:07 AM
Just to let you know, I'm well aware that the term should be "proofread." My initial spelling was intentional to put my point across. Having voiced my opinion on the game, I will defend BF as being one of the best sites. I don't purchase from any other site. I still look for quality though and expect it at $13.99 per each CE. Happy gaming all.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Oct 14, 11 9:26 AM
Item that made me laugh was on the H0 list as "apple core".

I finially clicked on the whole apple in the scene.
Technically, guess it does contain a core, hence
my tee-hee moment.

But these errors do get annoying.

tofinofish
Shark
Shark
13,738 Posts

[Post New]by tofinofish on Oct 14, 11 10:43 AM
I find this really annoying also... also spelling mistakes that that are close but actually describe something else. 2000 leagues under the sea was terrible for this.

I can handle different discription for things but a crayfish and a lobster and a crab are three differnt animals. Just as tweezers are not a test tube... ( iforget what game that was .but I thought allright..would have never have guessed that one without the hint.

Go to: