SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

Your Comments for In Search of the Lost Temple

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 3, 11 1:08 AM
Beware. When you install the game you are asked to download DirectX; I do not have a problem with this as many games require DirectX however it will try to install Bing.

If you do not want the Bing Toolbar make sure you untick the tiny box on the second page after you have accepted the installation

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Your Comments for In Search of the Lost Temple

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 3, 11 1:33 AM
Hi there SeaBamboo,
Yes the dreaded DirectX/Bing unload is associated with this game - thanks for the warning.
However, if you have updated DirectX within the last 2 years the game will play OK and you will not have to install it again.
However, you might have to adjust your screen settings to 1024 by 768 to play successfully.
Cheers

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 3, 11 1:51 AM
I always say Yes to a DirectX install in case it is a newer version than mine as I can never remember when I last d/l'd but in this case, as you said, it didn't d/l as mine is a new version.

I do wish they would stop trying to foist Bing on us though. Apple are the same; always pushing Safari.

[Post New]by shakeandcry on Oct 3, 11 4:13 AM
I see you Indiana Jones font.

I see you, and excellent job on driving me 95% of the way to the HATE side of the arc. It's really impressive to do that just on your game icon, so bask in the shame, you're joining a select crew.

Your most recent fellow inductee would be the SE icon for Awakenings 3. It nearly exploded my hate-o-metre, by deciding that 'Goblin Kingdom' meant--and here I must carefully censor myself, or the mods will do it for me--STD ridden fairy with utterly ridiculous and repulsive Bs. I think they actually just scraped the garbage bin--no, they don't have morals enough to recycle--of the...jerks...who make the current 'Grimm Fairy Tales' comic. (Double bonus geek points! Ding!)

So, you're wearing clothes; you weren't drawn by a creep who had never seen or touched a B. With permission.

Still, I KNOW my Indiana Jones, and, you sir, are no Indiana Jones.

We've already raged this far, let's take a gander at the screenshots.

Whoa.

Hold on, I need to compose myself (and lower my blood pressure, so I don't blackout). You have three, and only three, caps to showcase the best of what you have to offer--art, style, concept, story, theme, gameplay, et al.

Well.

We've got two hideous copypasta shots, where no one even attempted to bring together or blend in the free clipart they swiped from 1991. That locker shot? Someone got paid for this. And even if that payment was, 'Hey, um, maybe you can crash tonight on my floor...' , it was TOO MUCH.

And the awkwardly rammed together junkheap...um; garden? I'd rather live in the Heap from Labyrinth. Sure, the...lady...with the chair and the six or eleven HOG piles strapped to her back, would totally cut me in my sleep. BUT David Bowie might swing by, and THERE is a Goblin King who IS art.

And finally out last screenshot...

*pause*

May you be slapped by a frozen fish in the face.

Forget exploring temples, if you can't make Token Girl topless, she's at least going to be barefoot in the kitchen, chained to the fridge and forced to play Cooking Mama at cursorpoint.

~>:|

May a 'misclick penalty' take out your eyes...

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 3, 11 4:25 AM
???

b4nu
Lobster
Lobster
89 Posts

[Post New]by b4nu on Oct 3, 11 4:29 AM
BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAA!

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Oct 3, 11 5:14 AM
The items are way to small and half of them. And as far as com- binding the items, they don't always want to go together. I tried to get that magnifier together 5 times and it would not go together until I hit the hint button.

What a waste of a game.

yasure
Minnow
Minnow
217 Posts

[Post New]by yasure on Oct 3, 11 5:15 AM
This game is a joke.
Items are way to small
Items don't always want to combine together.

Total waste

[Post New]by LuvDemGames on Oct 3, 11 5:19 AM
Pay $6.99 for eyestrain? I think not. Teeny tiny objects and items that refuse to combine until you waste a hint, what fun! I don't think I would pay $2.99 for this one.

grannyq
Minnow
Minnow
257 Posts

[Post New]by grannyq on Oct 3, 11 6:09 AM
Shakeandcry, Have you seen your shrink lately????????????????

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 3, 11 6:32 AM
shakeandcry, I'm guessin' this is not a buy for you huh? !

Hope you're keepin' that blood pressure in check!!

[Post New]by cottoncandy2 on Oct 3, 11 6:37 AM
OMG, another lost grandfather, ancient temple, mysterious curse!!! Who would have thought? I don't know if I should even bother downloading this. I think I'll wait for some more comments.

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 6:40:10 AM PST

lovely62
Clownfish
Clownfish
731 Posts

[Post New]by lovely62 on Oct 3, 11 6:44 AM
I tried the DEMO, I will pass on this one the items are way to small sorry DEV's..

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Oct 3, 11 7:54 AM
A suggestion to game developers:

Before you release your games, move away from your huge monitors and try having your mother play them on laptop and 15" sized screens to get a better idea of how the game will play for a wider range of your potential customer base.

Not everyone has a large monitor and 20/20 vision.

elldee2728
Shark
Shark
14,378 Posts

[Post New]by elldee2728 on Oct 3, 11 10:11 AM
Hey shakeandcry (Oh--I save Capital letters for respect, BTW)--I tend to agree (not) with your extensive review, based solely on the title font and three screen shots! I may have wandered a little further into the game, but, what the heck--it's always entertaining to be in the audience for a Don Rickles commentary!

Yep, it's a tried-and-true storyline, and the hidden objects can be eye-straining, but "clip-art"? You ain't seen "clip-art" unless you've tried an Hd0 game! "Token Girl"? A gazillion games showcase those--guess there are quite a few games where a mysogynist can log on.

I didn't particularly care for this one, either, but I don't find myself being as satirical and vitriolic as other folks!

Regards, elldee

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by scrollingmama on Oct 3, 11 10:24 AM
not only were the items in the hidden object sections too small...the were hidden UNDER the list...and since x-ray glasses are not in the inventory I could not even get past the first scene.

Oh yeah...I still dont see any fixes for the recent problems with game freezes either.

Don't think I will be buying anymore games until those issues are fixed and this one? not gonna happen as it is either :-(

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

not only were the items in the hidden object sections too small...the were hidden UNDER the list...and since x-ray glasses are not in the inventory I could not even get past the first scene.

Oh yeah...I still dont see any fixes for the recent problems with game freezes either.

Don't think I will be buying anymore games until those issues are fixed and this one? not gonna happen as it is either :-(

scrollingmama
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by texans_andre80 on Oct 3, 11 11:20 AM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THEY CALL THIS A GAME ALL IT DID WAS SHOOT MY ALREADY HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE THROUGH THE CEILING. I'M GETTING PRETTY
SICK AND TIRED OF THESE HURRY UP LETS GET THIS DONE SO WE CAN MAKE A BUCK GAMES. THANKS BUT NO THANKS THIS GAME IS JUST DOWN RIGHT AWFUL. I'LL WAIT TO SEE WHAT THEY OFFER US TOMORROW.

[Post New]by doofenschmurtz on Oct 3, 11 12:51 PM
Thank you fellow fishies for the great reviews and saving your pals the time of even loading this piece of junk.Developers if your reading this US fishies are NO dummies we know a Bad game when we see it

Go to: