bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Post any In Search of the Lost Temple technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 3, 11 1:11 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Post any In Search of the Lost Temple technical issues here only

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Oct 3, 11 1:28 AM
Hi there,
1: Yes, the game has black bars at the edge of the screen - it does not have a mechanism to change the screen resolution automatically to the preferred settings for the game.
2: When playing using the original games settings, I could not access the bottom 1/6 of the screen - including objects and the Menu and Hint buttons. Using the ESC button exited the game.
3: Changing to the WIndows Cursor did not help as I now had to point 1cm below the "target" and thereby could still not successfully access the lower sections of the game screen.
4: I had to manually set the screen resolution to 1024 by 768 pixels and the game is running OK with the Custom Cursor etc.

So, maybe this is a solution to those of you who have also struck this problem.
A nuisance I know to have to manually adjust your settings - and then set them back again!!

Cheers

LOLOVESHOG
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by LOLOVESHOG on Oct 3, 11 6:21 AM
second game in a week that has an error can't read note.

sheilaclown
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by sheilaclown on Oct 3, 11 7:20 AM
Grrrrr! the game downloaded but after putting in my name the green "loading" bar went halfway and stopped. I had to restart my computer ... twice ; after trying again I'm going to uninstall.

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Oct 3, 11 9:00 AM
Game came up in Slo-Motion and was not responsive.

eenybeanie
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by eenybeanie on Oct 3, 11 10:02 AM
I wasted 20 minutes waiting for things to happen!! It is so slow........I uninstalled it and then installed it again, thinking it would be better. It wasn't. Can't be bothered!

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 3, 11 12:53 PM
Hello everyone,

It sounds like a number of your are experiencing a slow or unresponsive game. If you haven't already, please take a look at the steps outlined in the following help article for troubleshooting options that might help:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If you've done this and are still experiencing technical issues, please get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and a list of steps you've followed. Our reps will then take over and assist you as best as they can.

Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

[Post New]by Haileycat6 on Oct 3, 11 8:32 PM
This game is horrible - cannot access the hint button - cursor does not allow you to get low enough on the screen - I have no intention of resetting my settings manually for different screen resolution in order to get the game to work - setting cursor to windows one only makes it worse and you have to place windows cursor below item - if ya cant get to the bottom of the screen how can use of the windows cursor help? I will delete game instead - not worth the time or effort! Not the first time I have had problems with some games - thinking of buying it? not a chance

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Oct 4, 11 4:05 AM
Haileycat6 wrote:This game is horrible - cannot access the hint button - cursor does not allow you to get low enough on the screen - I have no intention of resetting my settings manually for different screen resolution in order to get the game to work - setting cursor to windows one only makes it worse and you have to place windows cursor below item - if ya cant get to the bottom of the screen how can use of the windows cursor help? I will delete game instead - not worth the time or effort! Not the first time I have had problems with some games - thinking of buying it? not a chance

I used one of my earned credits and had all the same problems that you did and had to use Esc to get out of the game. Plus it wanted to update my directX and also add a bing toolbar. I firmly believe that we are paying for the game we should not have to even worry about the toolbar thing and that is likely what is causing alot of problems for alot of people.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Oct 4, 11 5:05 AM
Plus it wanted to update my directX and also add a bing toolbar.
You probably need DirectX and can opt out of the toolbar by unchecking the option.

[Post New]by nativealien4535 on Oct 7, 11 4:17 AM
I had DirectX and any and all games since have run just fine and like I said before I truly believe that since we are paying for the game the toolbar shouldn't even be an issue. That is like paying for a game and getting ads in it. If I want to do that I can go other places online and play for free.

Gisellesc60
Lobster
Lobster
83 Posts

[Post New]by Gisellesc60 on Oct 11, 11 3:07 PM
I recieved access violation at 0x77437249 program terminated, this happen once I was at the plane crashed site and about to recieve the microphone. Please help, I finally got this far after numerous start overs.

Geri2
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by Geri2 on Oct 12, 11 2:00 PM
Once I put my name in the profile, the game starts to load and stops halfway. Have done everything I can think of and nothing works. Started over, deleted game, deleted name. Nothing works. HELP

mavisr
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by mavisr on Nov 4, 11 2:42 AM
am so annoyed have layed this game five times and still cant get further than the first or second scene please will you try and fix this as i dont have money to waste

Go to: