bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for In Search of the Lost Temple

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 3, 11 1:13 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of In Search of the Lost Temple? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

Re:Reviews for In Search of the Lost Temple

[Post New]by dilliedallie01 on Oct 3, 11 1:30 AM
I HOG games, but these type with such small items to find drive me Nuts ...I just wish the Developer's would listen to us Players...Grrrr Not such a Happy Fishie , Not a buy for me , or any like this

Edited on 10/03/2011 at 1:31:58 AM PST

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Oct 3, 11 1:33 AM
This game is loaded with faults, sorry to say. First off, it is extremely slow and boring. The objects are much too small and indestinguishable---I wasn't able to tell what they were sometimes even when the hint button (very slow to recharge) showed me.
As games become better and better, I always see a red flag when one starts out by "gathering your things" as this one does.
The graphics are blurry enough to be a distraction, and the cursor is slow and clunky.
The story is very old with "help grandpa" as its theme.
Overall, one of the worst I've seen in a long, long time---sorry.

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
324 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Oct 3, 11 1:46 AM
Goodday fishies! Here's what I think of this IHOG.

Technical: I had to adjust the resulotion of my widescreen monitor from 1920 x 1080 to 1600 x 1200 to be able to play this game full screen.

Gameplay: you can't get rid of an appearing sparkle telling you what to do next and where. No voice-overs. Hint recharges slowly.

Story: OK, if you don't mind playing the granddaughter again, who's asked to fix whatever her granddad has done wrong in some far away expedition.

Graphics: Colourful and drawn rather nicely.

Objects: Rather difficult to find because they're small and/or distant. Interactions done a bit amateurish. Stuff to combine often nearly invisible at the bottom of the screen, just above the gamebars.

Music: Very simple and repetitive.

I must admit I quit playing rather quicly. This definitely is not a game for me, sorry.

CasualGran

fireeyes5
Minnow
Minnow
205 Posts

[Post New]by fireeyes5 on Oct 3, 11 1:46 AM
In the bedroom with grandpa you have to try to find where you put the phone receiver you find....when you press hint...it is under the "items to find bar???????" It is blurry, slow, the penalty cursor drives me nuts, the items are extremely small, the story is boring and it takes too much time for the hint button to load. Definitely a NO buy for me

BereniceP
Minnow
Minnow
227 Posts

[Post New]by BereniceP on Oct 3, 11 2:05 AM
This is definitely NOT a game for me. The objects are far too small which is just a nuisance as opposed to a challenge. The gameplay is not smooth and does not flow. You are given a task and once completed you are lost as to what to do next. This is like taking a step back into the past. Like a game developed 10 years ago. Such a disappointment and a NO BUY for me.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 3, 11 2:06 AM
I'm sorry but this game did not grab me at all. It was definitely a **** game with objects that were hard to make out and too small. I felt like in an hour I didn't get anywhere!! The storyline and music were not likeable and I just didn't care for it at all. I would rate it a 4 out of 10.

Rhysdux
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,219 Posts

[Post New]by Rhysdux on Oct 3, 11 2:19 AM
The objects are, as everyone else is saying, FAR TOO SMALL. I couldn't tell what they were, and in many cases only hit them by accident. By the time I was nine minutes in, I had to stop because my eyes were aching and blurry.

Also, the cursor was slow and sticky--though that might have been because the game demanded that I download Direct X and I refused. I've had too many problems in the past--not with Big Fish Games, just in general--with Direct X making my computer susceptible to malware.

I'm sorry, but this is not a game for me.

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 3, 11 2:27 AM
dilliedallie01 wrote: I HOG games, but these type with such small items to find drive me Nuts ...I just wish the Developer's would listen to us Players...Grrrr Not such a Happy Fishie , Not a buy for me , or any like this

Ditto!

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 3, 11 2:28 AM
This is the sequel to Atlantis: Mysteries of Ancient Inventors which is quite bad too....

It's an IHOG game, with few interactions and puzzles blended into it. Puzzles are quite simple and not fun, graphics are so plain with no dimensions and interesting scenes or effects. Story is boring, find your grandpa! HOG scenes are almost impossible to find, really tiny items. Boring game, no buy for me

Grades:

Graphics: C
Story: D
Music: C
Puzzles: D
HOG Scenes: E
Fun: E
Gameplay: D
Overall: D

My grades can be as high as A* or as low as F!

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 3, 11 2:30 AM
I'm a huge lover of these types of games. But I don't like this one. But, with this said, I have never seen objects so small. And it's not just a few objects, it's all of them. It's impossible to see or find them. Very disapointing game. If I can't find the objects, what's the point. I'm usually very easy on my game reviews, but I can't give this game my endorsement. It's just near to impossible to find objects and that makes it no fun. I'm not a fan of this game, but I like the story o.k. That's all I can say good about this game. IMO But give it try for yourself to see if you'll like it. And for those of you who can see all the objects, your super human. lol lol

Is this all there is to choose from BF? Surely you can do better than this? Please make a better effort.

I rate this game: "TROTTER"

TROTTER:
Pig's foot, don't run away with this pigs foot. lol
‘ ‘
(o)

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Oct 3, 11 2:39 AM
This is a very bad game in my opinion. The items are very small, graphic is so-so, gameplay very boring. Overall its a definete no buy for me

RickF
Minnow
Minnow
201 Posts

[Post New]by RickF on Oct 3, 11 2:46 AM
Do the developers even try to play the games they design? A more appropriate name for this style of game would be an Invisible Object Game.

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 3, 11 2:48 AM

The dev is a newer one: DominiGames.

This game is a big gameplay improvement over their most recent offering: Atlantis:Mysteries of ancient inventors although we still have Grandpa being helped by his grand daughter.

Still got a ways to go, though, devs.

Because I recognize the improvement and want to support new devs that show such improvement I will buy this game now.

[Post New]by Angelrose01 on Oct 3, 11 3:10 AM
I agree The items are too small and the game plays very slow not for me

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Oct 3, 11 3:24 AM
dilliedallie01 wrote: I HOG games, but these type with such small items to find drive me Nuts ...I just wish the Developer's would listen to us Players...Grrrr Not such a Happy Fishie , Not a buy for me , or any like this

100% Agreed. My $$ is way too hard come by to throw it away on a game like this.

Nortank
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by Nortank on Oct 3, 11 3:35 AM
Can't be said enough: YOU DO NOT HIDE OBJECTS BY MAKING THEM SO TINY, NOBODY CAN TELL WHAT THEY ARE!!!

The really slow reload of the hint button and the IRRITATING time-out for too many clicks in addition make this game an absolutely NO-BUY for me.

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Oct 3, 11 5:12 AM
What a shame this is. A trite old story and objects that are just too incredibly small to see. Do they think we all have 46" monitors. Furthermore some of the objects are in two pieces and you have to match them.How would anyone (Spoiler here) know that the incredibly small Angel belonged on top of the tiny base that was partially hidden by the inventory? Furthermore in the office scene game play made me even more miserable as there was s shiny sunbeam (I guess that's what it was) blinding me as I tried to ID the microscopic items in the scene. The graphics are nice but I found the objects just too tiny for any common sense. Why do they do this? It certainly is not conducive to sales.

bratzgram
Clownfish
Clownfish
634 Posts

[Post New]by bratzgram on Oct 3, 11 5:18 AM
I think this game has potential. Nice story.
It has ridiculously small objects to find. You have to put items together in the hidden object scenes and I love that aspect if you could see the objects to begin with
The few mini games I did get to play were very easy.
In the demo I never got to leave the house. Maybe it gets better?
This is one that i may get as a DD but other than that? No thanks.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Oct 3, 11 5:30 AM
This is from Domini Games & unfortunately I was not able to play long enough to give an informed review as to the gameplay, the hidden objects were so small as to be almost invisible. There was a magnifiying glass above the hint & I thought perhaps that it could be used to scrutinise the scene but not so unfortunately.

There was potential for an interesting game as some items had to be combined in the inventory or two pieces placed together in the H0 scene to make a whole.

The graphics were sharp & clear, although the artwork was rather poor in its depiction of people the scenery was very well drawn. There was no option to play widescreen so I had large black bars either side.

There are no voiceovers & the music was not my cup of tea so I switched it off. The hint recharges at 1 minute 10 seconds & that feels like a very long time. There was a misclick penalty; I found it because the only way to deal with the small H0s was to click everything in the hope that I might find an object.

Not a buy for me.

Go to: