bfgImbrium
Manatee
Manatee
4,236 Posts

Reviews for Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile

[Post New]by bfgImbrium on Oct 3, 11 1:25 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your thoughts about the game in this thread! You can also add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game so other players can get more out of your review!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

For discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum and if you are experiencing technical issues, be sure to swim over to the support thread here.

Happy gaming!

bfgImbrium

shell_1965
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Reviews for Agatha Christie - Death on the Nile

[Post New]by shell_1965 on Jan 5, 12 7:25 PM
oh i really wish there was a timer option for this game. i love plain, old hidden object games but timers make it stressful instead of fun for me.

[Post New]by VoicelessInNV on Jul 21, 12 3:37 PM
It was fun for the most part. The graphics were nice, but not outstanding. I found myself feeling aggravated with several of the HO scenes - many of the HOs were unrelated to the story/theme and rather obscure ...I even broke out my magnifying glass to search for them! Grrr!

Due to the obscurity of so many of the HOs, I wound up having to replay a few levels because I ran out of time. Fortunately(?), the HOs are in the same place in each room/scene when replayed; so, if you have a good memory, you can find all of them before time runs out and without having to use all of your hints - there are 5 hints for each level - so, they should be used wisely!

I had to refer to the Forum for a couple of the HOs because there were no hints as to what one was supposed to do. The 5 hints provided only show where a random object is hidden - they do not help when multiple items need to be found in relation to one HO! For example, I noticed I was not the only one VERY frustrated by the "3 ducks in a row" HO where 3 ducks had to be found and, evidently, placed in certain order in a certain spot in the scene. Very annoying to wind up wasting time and hints when all you keep getting is a "That is not correct!" message with no other helpful hints to guide you.

The dialogue was okay and, occasionally, amusing as the plot thickened and the characters unfolded. I did like the "silent movie" element in between levels to expose suspicions and events thus far ...

I liked being able to select certain characters to interview during the investigation. One part that perplexed me was that I still had 3 questions remaining to ask at the end of the game ...I still don't know what those questions were, or for which character(s)!

All things considered, I would give this game 3 stars because while it was fun, the obscurity of the HOs made it annoying and spoiled the fun-factor for me. The puzzles were okay and fairly easy However, due to the annoying HOs, I am rather unlikely to play/buy any of the other games in this Agatha Christie series.

Edited on 07/21/2012 at 3:54:44 PM PST

Swtmb
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
426 Posts

[Post New]by Swtmb on Jul 3, 13 3:20 PM
I enjoyed this hidden object, puzzle game. Fun and not frustrating. Give it a try!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jul 4, 14 8:12 AM
Swtmb wrote:I enjoyed this hidden object, puzzle game. Fun and not frustrating. Give it a try!

I did. I hate it. I'm only half way through and it's taken me three years playing off and on to get there. Wish I'd never bought it. They need to make the timer an option or have unlimited hints when looking for poorly designed items in the HOS.

webduckie
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by webduckie on Oct 14, 14 6:03 PM
When this game first came out on **** I bought it and Dead Man's Folly and was able to play them on my computers easily. That is now not the case for either game because the BFG's version is a very small screen format that makes it very hard, if not impossible to find the hidden objects. As I said, this is a game I have played many times in the past and I still know where some of the items are located in the rooms. I have two 2014 computers, with modern monitors. I wouldn't recommend this game for this reason. The game itself is good; it doesn't meet 2014 computer standards.

Go to: