brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

Comments for DD for 0ctober 4, 2011

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 4, 11 12:01 AM
Hi Fishies, Has anyone played this game, and what can you tell us?

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

Re:Comments for DD for 0ctober 4, 2011

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Oct 4, 11 8:05 AM
This was a DD last January so I bought it then. I enjoyed the game very much and completed it. It's a building puzzle type game. The game takes thought to acheive the goals for each level.

Very enjoyable and there are lots of suggestions in the forum for difficult levels. It's been awhile since I played but I remember wanting to play this game again.

Enjoy.

brookings
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by brookings on Oct 4, 11 10:21 AM
I tried the game I like building games, but not this one. I have Royal Envoy, Get richer, Get rich.
This game is just to busy and to much to do to reach the goals. I didn't like it. Not even at $2.99.

vervaine
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,122 Posts

[Post New]by vervaine on Oct 4, 11 2:45 PM
At first glance, it looks very similar to Be Rich. BUT:
- you have only one map to build on
- you fail a level when timer runs out
- doesn't look like it offers that much compared to Be Rich.

I expect it to have 30-40 levels, but if all of them take place on that very same map, I don't really want to play it. I completed first 7 levels during 30 minutes of a demo before finally failing one - ran out of space and had to demolish buildings. It's something you have to plan early on and I bet it would annoy me to restart the level only to try different configurations.

It's a pass for me.

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

[Post New]by mcurty on Oct 8, 11 11:30 PM
I enjoyed playing this game a lot. It was somewhat challenging at times because the map got full, or I didn't place things correctly and had to demolish and rebuild. I'm not one for "having to have" expert mode, so I completed it without too much frustration. I even got expert on a few levels.

There is a timer for each level and you cannot progress until you complete the level within the given "year" or time period. I only had to repeat a few levels, and I'm not a super fast player.

The map does expand periodically so you can continue on without having to re-do all of the time.

I never had any trouble with money, etc. only trying to meet the tasks assigned and the population/recreation goals.

There are 60 levels. Quite a lot of game play to enjoy.

It is not nearly as hectic or clicky as Royal Envoy or Roads to Rome games. It relies more on memory of where certain buildings are located and moving around the floating screen to find certain buildings or spaces.

I really liked it and the graphics were very well done. The one thing that I missed was a screen where you could see what levels you scored expert on and have a chance to go back and replay individual levels. I didn't find that in this game.

Go to: