bfgRhone
4,302 Posts

Reviews for Oddly Enough: Pied Piper

[Post New]by bfgRhone on Oct 4, 11 12:19 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Oddly Enough: Pied Piper? Feel free to share your thoughts and opinions about the game in this thread. We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond! To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game!

A lot of fishies that will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

For any comments or discussions other than your general feedback on this game you can create a new discussion in the game forum. If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to pop over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

Happy gaming!

bfgRhone

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,439 Posts

Re:Reviews for Oddly Enough: Pied Piper

[Post New]by jkuci on Oct 4, 11 12:33 AM
An adventure Fragmented Object Game from [removed by moderator] with 2 modes of play (Casual is default, Expert can be selected in Options) , hints recharge a bit slowly.

No map but you only go to four sites but with alot of tasks. Play time from 3 to 4 hours.

It has gameplay that is a bit linear so, doing things in the right order will get you best results.

The ending is satisfying but left a bit of room for a sequel.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 1:05:22 PM PST

nomatt
Herring
Herring
375 Posts

[Post New]by nomatt on Oct 4, 11 12:49 AM
A delightful game. After yesterdays abysmal offering this is like a breath of fresh air. I like everything about it. Top marks BF. Bought right away.

menora
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by menora on Oct 4, 11 12:55 AM
I also like this game and will probably buy but I'm stuck already, looking forward to working out what to do next when I have the time Definitely more adventure than HOG so far which is also a plus as far as I'm concerned.
Graphics are good and HOG lists are silhouettes of the objects to find which then make an object you need. Might be useful to know what the final object will be sometimes. They seem to get more difficult as you progress but that might just be me.
I've played 42 mins of the demo and found one of ten coins so looks like it might be a decent length for me at least.

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 1:01:50 AM PST

CasualGran
Herring
Herring
317 Posts

[Post New]by CasualGran on Oct 4, 11 12:56 AM
Goodday fishies!

I've already played this game from elsewhere and I've enjoyed it very much! It has clear and pleasant graphics, the minigames are fun to do, the story has an interesting twist and the hidden objects, fragmented, are easy to find. All in all this game is fairly easy, but I didn't mind.

A nice change from the darker-themed games.

4 out of 5

Enjoy!

CasualGran

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 1:20:35 AM PST

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Oct 4, 11 12:58 AM
Played the demo and I like it. The HOS are alright for me, it's not difficult. Beautiful graphics and clear. Puzzles are nice. It's a funny game! A buy for me.

Thanks BF and Dev's!

Lilabelle
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by Lilabelle on Oct 4, 11 1:08 AM
A lovely game with bright sharp clear graphics. One more important factor it is fun and a nice change of pace from other fun but dark and gloomy adventures.

MerryAnne
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by MerryAnne on Oct 4, 11 1:16 AM
I agree with what everyone else has said about the graphics and gameplay.

This game is an absolute pleasure to play.

sunidayz
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by sunidayz on Oct 4, 11 1:21 AM
At first I wasn't sure, but as I got into the game, I really started to enjoy it. It was a little different quirky type of game, but it had good graphics and the music wasn't bad. The gameplay was fairly easy enough to follow and the ****'s and mini games were good. I liked the game overall and would rate it a 9 out of 10.`

happyasaclam
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by happyasaclam on Oct 4, 11 1:23 AM
hi fishesjust did demo now off to buy i think will enjoy this i like that it is bright &clear there are two modes of playto choose from this makes the game longeryou can play one modethan the other love the hidden coins . also likethe cati agee this is a funny one so far .no map as yet fine with me they do have a sheet of paper on the right side that mayhelp let you fishes find out on your own ilike the silhouettes that you have to find a nice change love the minns so far hope you all have fun & a great nite/day. going to buy than off to bed while it dl oh yes

Rebeca_Lily
Catfish
Catfish
1,515 Posts

[Post New]by Rebeca_Lily on Oct 4, 11 1:32 AM
[removed by moderator] listen to the customers - large size objects (most of us wear glasses ), lovely plot, great graphics, and...fun fun fun! Recently I am tired of "psychic hospitals" and search for the "bright plots". I still love ghosts - because they are part of the "fairy tale". Cudos, [removed by moderator]!

Most Adventure than HOG, but quite easy and relaxing for a rainy day. Bought of course.

Thanks developers, thanks BF!

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 1:06:47 PM PST

TeamSD
Clownfish
Clownfish
621 Posts

[Post New]by TeamSD on Oct 4, 11 2:15 AM
Loved this game so much.....another fantastic SE game!!!

The game is on the easy side and maybe the developer is aiming at young children but it's still great fun for us! Graphics are colorful and lovely, some scenes are attractive and beautiful. I love the story, it's a further change of the well known tale, very unique! It's a FROG game which I prefer, objects are nott too hard too find. Puzzles are creative and fun. Highly Recommend...

Grades:

Graphics: A*
Story: A*
Music: A
Puzzles: A
FROG Scenes: A*
Fun: A*
Gameplay: A
Overall: A* 

Edited on 10/04/2011 at 2:18:22 AM PST

jawfish
Herring
Herring
341 Posts

[Post New]by jawfish on Oct 4, 11 2:39 AM
I finished this game some time ago when it was first available on developer's site, want to put in some good words for it here.

I love this game , as a SE, it has good voiceacting, high production values, clear colorful beautiful graphics.

Game is engaging, I like it much better than other $6.99 recent games like Love Story Beach Cottage or Urban Maze.

Difficulty is right, solved it entirely on my own, Can't remember game time, was stuck, think it was 4 hours or so.

This game is very enjoyable, do give it a try and support the devs!

LovetoMissLisa
Catfish
Catfish
1,674 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Oct 4, 11 2:46 AM
A fantastic SE for a change. I really like this game. The graphics are very unique and beautiful. Two modes of play, gives everyone there choice on how they would like to play the game. Great voiceovers and a really good story. Yes, it is on the easy side for advanced players, but the quality makes up for that. What a refreshing change to see a fantastic SE for a change. This is a buy for me and a must try for sure. Enjoy! I really like this game!

I rate this game: "FINE SWINE"

FINE SWINE:
Great game with the best graphics and story. Bells and whistles, best, greatest, I love it.
‘ ‘
(o)

Becca_jxxx
Guppy
Guppy
168 Posts

[Post New]by Becca_jxxx on Oct 4, 11 3:42 AM
This is a very good game with good graphics, good music, good gameplay and good voiceovers. Two gameplay modes- Expert and Casual. Very easy game but still good.

This is a buy for me- I will use one of my punchcard credits.

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Oct 4, 11 4:07 AM
It didn't take long for me to decide to buy this game. I'm totally stuck right now, but I know I can figure it out eventually (and if not, BF's fantastic walkthrough team is working on a WT right now - it should be posted sometime today!)

The cartoon-y graphics are beautiful, the H0 scenes are NOT junkpile for a change, but still a challenge because there are silhouettes of the fragments (yes, it's a FROG) so you need to look carefully. So far, the pieces you need to find are nice and big - wonderful change from yesterday's microscopic items.

Nice adventure aspects, too. You need to find things to help people or complete tasks, and you often have more than one task at a time (not as linear as many games) so it's NOT find something / use something, repeat. That's where I'm stuck right now - I need to solve at least 4 problems and my brain isn't working yet (early morning here.)

Great game, it's an SE that wasn't released first as a CE, and I still had one punch card credit left from August - can't get any better than that!! Give it a try!

birdie5
Clownfish
Clownfish
545 Posts

[Post New]by birdie5 on Oct 4, 11 4:28 AM
Cute game with unique characters. Wide screen, graphics good and music is subtle and relaxing. Not a fan of silhouettes but have been able to find most. Have played 40 minutes and it seems that there is a lot more game play. Have some crazy items in my inventory so it should be a fun adventure! A buy for me!

snags2
Starfish
Starfish
49 Posts

[Post New]by snags2 on Oct 4, 11 4:39 AM
I can only agree with all comments. I was uncertain when I began the demo but I was drawn/led into it easily and was quite disappointed when the demo called me to time. I think this game will soon be in mypossession.

Well done to the authors - well done BFG - just what everyone was in need of.

XXXXXXXX

jennsmom
Clownfish
Clownfish
894 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Oct 4, 11 4:56 AM
The graphics are clear and colorful, the music is OK. The story line interesting, but the game is not for me. With the exception of Blue Tea games, I don't like FROGs and on top of it being fragmented objects...they are silhouettes. Some people may love this game. I can certainly understand its appeal. But, it's not for those of us who don't care for silhouettes and/or FROGs. Too bad. I've got these coupon codes burning a hole in my pocket.

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,098 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 4, 11 5:03 AM
Only good reviews! Excited to try. Thanks guys.

Go to: