bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for 4 Elements II! October 4, 2011.

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 4, 11 11:01 AM
We have a new version of 4 Elements II available now. This new version of the game is optimized to avoid the game crash primarily impacting customers with less than 128MB RAM, but should correct the issue for all impacted customers.

We appreciate your patience as we worked on fixing this issue. You can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here is a link to our help article for PC and Mac.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

*If you have not yet purchased the game, find the game and reinstall the trial version (when available) to play any remaining minutes.

If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Edited on 10/13/2011 at 10:44:10 AM PST

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New version available for 4 Elements II! October 4, 2011.

[Post New]by JoyWales on Oct 4, 11 11:28 AM
Had my hopes raised there for a few minutes. But no such luck. The game still does not like either of my computers.

[Post New]by caneifeld on Oct 4, 11 5:30 PM
Same here, I couldn't wait to try the game. Same old thing. Game goes blank and closes. I guess they didn't fix the problem.

[Post New]by acornalex on Oct 5, 11 11:52 AM
This is happening to me too. I am very disappointed because I really enjoyed the first part which I have played several times now. I want to get it completely off my computer and reinstall but it seems to keep my name and where I was at in the game. How do I get everything off so I can do a fresh reinstall. Not that I think it is going to help me. I already reported the problem and usually get answered back right away and this time I am being ignored.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 1:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I'm really sorry to hear that the new build didn't resolve the issues for you. If you could please write in to our Tech Support team, our reps will be happy to help you on an individual basis to make sure you receive the assistance you need. Thank you.

-bfgArnoStyx

probaby221
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by probaby221 on Oct 6, 11 6:33 PM
SAME HERE...STILL WON'T WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JoyWales
Clownfish
Clownfish
728 Posts

[Post New]by JoyWales on Oct 7, 11 4:01 AM
Have even had a different graphics card fitted to my dear old desktop - cannot do much about the one in my laptop and it STILL won't work. Guess I just have to give up on it.
Consolation, It looks as though I can now play the 2nd Drawn game and there may be others I had to pass on previously.

johnsharon
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by johnsharon on Oct 10, 11 8:30 PM
Tried for fourth time, very hopeful, but it was a no go. Got to Pegasus and sends me right back to the GM! So disappointed, really loved the first and wanted to play this one!

[Post New]by honormiss on Oct 11, 11 6:58 AM
I STILL CANT GET PASS LEVEL ONE IT GOES BLANK AND I DONT KNOW HOW TO GET FROM THERE

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 11, 11 11:33 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are still having troubles with the game after the update. For the best help with the game, please get in touch with Tech Support (you can click on this link) and our reps will be happy to look into this for you.

For the best assistance, I would recommend attaching a Dr. Felix report and please also let the representative know that you have installed the new build. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

UPDATE! New version available for 4 Elements II! October 4, 2011.

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 12, 11 4:37 AM
bfgArnoStyx wrote:We have a new version of 4 Elements II available now. This new version of the game is optimized to avoid the game crash primarily impacting customers with less than 128MB RAM, but should correct the issue for all impacted customers.
If you have any problems, you can contact our Customer Support team for more assistance. Just click on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages, and if you still need assistance, click "Contact Us" to the left of the screen to submit a support ticket.

Well, you'll note that it states that the rebuilt was PRIMARILY for those folks who have less than 128MB RAM -- how about a rebuilt for the REAL ISSUE which MOST of us have complained about -- being kicked out of the game and back into the Game Manager when clicking the "start" button for the Pegasus level?

THAT'S the area where I've read most of the complaints to be at (including myself); which by the way, I just NOW got thrown out of the game when I clicked the "start" button for the Pegasus level; sooooooooooooooo very, very, very disappointed.

I've already done a Dr. Felix fix and remitted it to CS -- to which they TOTALLY ignored and just told me to uninstall the game and to reinstall it again; I ONLY got THAT response when I'd asked another CS rep about an update to my 4 Elements II game ticket. This just tells me that they'd no intention to respond to this issue (as other forum members have mentioned to having their tickets ignored) because has NO ability to help us because it's a "GAME developer" problem and "NOT our computers" problem.

MEnr56

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Oct 12, 11 4:59 AM
acornalex wrote:This is happening to me too. I am very disappointed because I really enjoyed the first part which I have played several times now. I want to get it completely off my computer and reinstall but it seems to keep my name and where I was at in the game. How do I get everything off so I can do a fresh reinstall. Not that I think it is going to help me. I already reported the problem and usually get answered back right away and this time I am being ignored.

I ALWAYS COMPLETELY erase all finished games from my computer and I've learned to do this by doing the following:

1- Click your "search" button and click on "all files and folders"
2- Click on "more advanced options" and check all items listed there (they will remain all checked until you uncheck 1 or more settings and if you don't want to capitalize the game title [i.e. 4 Elements II, you type 4 elements], you don't need to check the "case sensitive" button) Having this area all check marked will look for sub folders and hidden folders of anything
3- Type in the name of the game or partial name -- 4 Elements II vs 4 Elements -- it's not important and VERY IMPORTANT wait until the search has been COMPLETELY done. You'd be surprised how much more at the very last minute will show up
4- Highlight and delete all to the recycle bin and then empty the recycle bin
5- I always trash the game title from the Game Manager and also delete the name of the game from my "add and remove" listing

Doing this will completely erase the game from your computer BUT if you've played ANY portion of a game and then re-install the game, will recognize your ISP address and will then inform you as to the remaining minutes of game play you've got left. However, when you go into the game, it'll ask you for your profile name because the game itself will not recognize that it's already been on your computer.

MEnr56
4 -

[Post New]by butterbowl2 on Oct 15, 11 1:54 AM
I reinstalled it and it still crash at the beging of the game

Go to: