bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

Post any 4 Elements II technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 4, 11 11:01 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Re:Post any 4 Elements II technical issues here only

[Post New]by pretendimnothere on Oct 4, 11 6:15 PM
Got to the first level and the game closes. Tried several times and it does the same thing. Nothing I've tried has corrected the problem.

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 5, 11 1:40 PM
Hi pretendimnothere ,

In case you haven't already, please write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix report and our reps will be happy to help you with the game crash. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Oct 6, 11 2:24 PM
Same here. i have now run this game on 3 different computers. All with different Windows systems. XP, Vista and a brand new computer with Windows7. I give up.

Edited on 10/06/2011 at 2:25:14 PM PST

bfgArnoStyx
Stingray
Stingray
5,877 Posts

[Post New]by bfgArnoStyx on Oct 13, 11 10:46 AM
Hi everyone,

A new build is not available. This new version of the game fixes the issues systems with video cards under 128MB were having (game closing at the beginning).

If you would like this build, please uninstall and reinstall your game. If you continue to have troubles, please get in touch with Tech Support. Thank you!

-bfgArnoStyx

smalcom
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by smalcom on Oct 26, 11 7:39 PM
I have played the game all the way up to ENT level with no problems. I have quit many times and it has started again with no problem. Today when I started to play the game opens showing that I am at ENT level. When I click on the start button the game closes and opens up back at the game manager.

I am using XP and I am not having problems with any other games doing this although after the last update of the game manager I can no longer play a game while a game is downloading.

Liz_Lemon
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

[Post New]by Liz_Lemon on Nov 28, 11 5:35 AM
I can't get this game to run.
I've tried screen resolution and compatibility.
I just get a black screen and the game won't load.
I'm on Vista.
Bummer, I recall liking the first one...

Dancing_Cat
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by Dancing_Cat on Feb 8, 12 2:24 PM
I tried to play the game but didn't have a visible cursor. I uninstalled then reinstalled but still didn't have a cursor. Really disappointed as it looks like a great game. I'll try contacting tech support

grammy1957
Starfish
Starfish
57 Posts

[Post New]by grammy1957 on Feb 29, 12 11:15 AM
Got the blue screen & shut down my pc. Second game in the last month this happens. The first time was Amulet of Time: Shadow of LaRochelle. I have sent a Dr. Felix report for both games. Hope this gets fixed. Had to do a system restore.

[Post New]by jsears on Mar 23, 12 6:47 AM
The game runs fine for me for a while. Then, after playing it for a while, it locks the computer up and I can't do anything. I can't even reboot. I have to physically unplug the computer, let it sit for a while, and then plug it back in. I might have to do this 3 or 4 times before the computer starts back up. I play some pretty intense games, so I don't think it's a computer issue.

Any suggestions?

canie
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
5 Posts

Video is off - pixelated

[Post New]by canie on Apr 11, 12 3:26 PM
I'm getting parts of the game messe up with the video - runs ok for a while then - in the second set - air fairy - the pipes area is just all green squares - then the menu and game options are big squares - then when it's looking for yes/no to end it's big squares of nothing.

What to do? -

[Post New]by Motch6 on Apr 12, 12 10:19 AM
I have not had crashing issues. My issues is with the sound. There is a constanting whining noise below and sometimes over the regular sound. I beleive it must be the music but we are unable to turn the music down or off.

This was on the first profile. I created a new profile on the game and the sound improved, that is, at least the sound affects, but the "Whining" noise won't go away. Its really annoying.

Any help here?

Computers Specs:
Windows 7 Pro - 64-bit
Intel Quad Q6600
EVGA nVidia 8800 GTS
Corsair 8GB Ram
WD 200GB hard drive
Creative Audigy 2 ZS (sound card) 5.1 surround

Heather_G
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by Heather_G on May 17, 12 3:35 PM
Another bug with this game? I've been having crashes in this game too. I read about some of the earlier crash-when-click-start problems and saw a new build was available. I bought the game after that, but deleted and re-downloaded just in case. Still having problem. I'm at the Air Fairy 8 level. The game plays for a while, but then as I'm moving up the mapped area, I get crashed every time--and crashed HARD. Cursor freezes, after a few seconds the game goes black. Music keeps playing. I Ctl-Alt-Del and try to end the game but it's very persistant. Eventually the music stutters, stabilizes, then quits. The first couple of times, I was able to get the game to end after a lot of attempts, but the last time I was stuck dead and had to turn off my computer. After each crash, even after reboot, my monitor resolution remains 800x600 (the game's resolution) instead of returning to my normal 1024x768. I'm running XP on an older computer that doesn't quite meet this game's requirements. Although this may be the problem, I have played lots of games that have the same minimums, and 4 Elements 1 ran flawlessly. I hope this info may give the developers a hint about what's going on.

I think Big Fish does pay attention to the forums, as they often get the developers to fix bugs eventually, as they did with the Pegasus-start problem. When I saw other people reporting similar problems in the Air Fairy level, I thought I'd add my experience in the hope that it too can be addressed. It's too bad this game is causing so many problems as the first one was just excellent and I was looking forward to playing this one.

Issues with Music

[Post New]by memeras on Jul 3, 12 11:14 AM
Hello all,

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the game works fine for me, except there is no music, or speech! I can play the game with most of the sound effects on, but no music. The only time I can get music is by ALT+TABbing out of the game and back in, and then it only lasts for the current level.
Reported to tech support, but they appear to be just as stumped as I am.
Just wondering if anyone else has come across a similar issue.

[Post New]by papac316 on Jul 20, 12 6:20 PM
I can enter the game...graphics are great...but as soon as I make my first chain, everything goes black except the cursor and border. You can tell it is running as the cursor moves like it should. I exit and save start again and it is ok....UNTIL that first chain. Man I played 4 levels like that. Love the 1st and 2nd....BUT....oh, btw, I was given a credit for the game but I DON'T WANT IT, I WANT THIS GAME.. One of you gearheads knows a fix and I want it....Rock on

P.S. Vista 32 with extras...did Dr Felix, updated drivers, flashes all this self-taught fella knows to do. Shoot I'll pay for a fix...help

Edited on 07/20/2012 at 6:23:20 PM PST

[Post New]by Deightondiva on Jul 30, 12 4:05 PM
i have played the game to sorceress level 3 i get almost to the end and the screen goes black with just a cursor and the top of one block in the lower right corner i have to restart my pc
i have uninstalled and re-installed but the same thing happens
i have contacted bigfish and done a pc doc check for them so we will wait and see but like everyone else i play a lot of games and this game cerainly seems to have a lot of bugs i know it is not my pc at fault

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Sep 5, 12 9:43 AM
Just closed trial, played ok for rhe mini starters but when I got to first match 3 all there was is the fairy and music

[Post New]by wwerchik on Oct 22, 12 10:36 PM
i can't find the 'start' button to start the Pegasus level

[Post New]by wwerchik on Nov 15, 12 7:25 PM
I need help with this game. I can play the initial level where I free the air fairy. but then when she tells me to press start, i cant, as there is no 'start' button. i tried deleting and reloading the game, but that didnt solve the problem.

Issues with Music

[Post New]by cbarbagallo on Mar 25, 13 8:11 PM
memeras wrote:Hello all,

I don't know if anyone else is having this issue, but the game works fine for me, except there is no music, or speech! I can play the game with most of the sound effects on, but no music. The only time I can get music is by ALT+TABbing out of the game and back in, and then it only lasts for the current level.
Reported to tech support, but they appear to be just as stumped as I am.
Just wondering if anyone else has come across a similar issue.
I am having the exact same issue. Music will only play if I ALT-TAB out and back in. It stops when the current level changes. Sounds play fine.

Windows 8
Creative Labs X-fi Xtreme w/ latest drivers
AMD Phenom II @ 3.6 ghz
6 gig system ram

Edited on 03/30/2013 at 7:02:07 AM PST

Go to: